Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – was good experience. there were fairly tough questions that were asked. there were multiple rounds of interviews followed by HR session. each interview round was from a different person.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details – Wrote to a recruiter on Linked-in. got set up for 2 phone interviews. simple C coding and basic data structures. Flown in for 6 onsite interviews. Again, simple C coding, basic data structs, Computer Architecture, Performance issues, design questions

Extremely nice people and very helpful !!

Interview Question – Some computer arch questions were unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer from another company

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – Talked on the phone twice, both around 10-20 min. Questions were just to check how eager I am for the job.

Interview Question – What is the percentage that you will accept the offer if we give you a competent offer?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, 1 phone , 1 face 2 face

Interview Question – noting unexpected, coding questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – short. 1 week.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by onsite interview.

Interview Question – Mostly expected questions. C++ and algorithm questions were the hardest.   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Intel's HR for an initial phone screen. The initial phone screen was with 2 engineers who were on the team for which I would be interviewing. The questions were technical in nature, but nothing too heavy. I was contacted shortly thereafter requesting that I come out for an on-site interview. Just before I left, I was also contacted by another manager for a second set of interviews while I was going to be on site. The day of my interviews, I went through a series of 1 hour interviews with engineers and managers over the course of a day. Overall, everyone seem prepared and organized for the interview. Some were harder to read than others, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was a difficult or unexpected question. All the interviews were very technical in nature and I was able to answer all of them (correctly I believe).   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – Hr Screen on phone.
Phone interview by Manager.
Followed by onsite interview with three to four collegues.
Followed by HR call and Salary Negotiation and final offer

Interview Question – Unexpected questions arise out of what they are doing rather then what you know.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Please not to be desparate in accepting the job and you will loose the negotiation chance.

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very nice interview process - they respect experience as opposed to most companies who rely heavily on problem solving. Looks like a good place to be.

Interview Question – How would you implement an NTP like protocol in the 16th century.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't ready to give up my current position.

Haifa (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details – 2 on-site technical interviews, each had 2 interviewers.
The interview was mainly about solving technical programming problems.
Was asked to implement an LRU cache, calculate the greatest sum of sub-arrays, and write a function to translate roman numerals to decimal number.
the interviewers were very kind.
I got a response from HR a few days after each interview, and eventually it led to a more then decent job offer (which I accepted).

Interview Question – Given an integer array containing positive and negative numbers, how do you get the maximum sum of its sub-arrays? Continuous numbers form a sub-array of an array.
For example, if the input array is {1, -2, 3, 10, -4, 7, 2, -5}, the sub-array with the maximum sum is {3, 10, -4, 7, 2} whose sum 18.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got an great offer I could not refuse

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – The telephonic round was scheduled by the consultant . After the telephonic roung, there were 3 more round, 2 technical and 1 HR

Negotiation Details – Basically no negotiation.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!