Intel Corporation Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

1 Phone Screen by Hiring Manager 3 Technical Phone Screens from Engineers All day on-site interview (1 Presentation, 1 lunch interview with Hiring Manager, 8 1:1 interviews with engineers) Phone Screens were quite technical in nature, asked questions on Applied Mathematics, C++, PhD expertise, Chemical Engineering, etc. Lunch interview with Hiring Manager was tricky with all sorts of behavioral questions aimed at judging personality, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked interview questions about my PhD, and how I would apply them to the job under consideration.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen for about 15 to 20 mins followed by face to face for about 3 hrs i.e 3 to 4 interviews in total, they flew me down onsite, received offer and salary negotiation. I accepted the offer and joined

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions like reverse linked list, implement string compare   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Smooth process without HR to get phone interview and on-site. Seven rounds of technical interview from 10am to 5pm, telecommunication knowledge and C language coding. Some interviewers showed obviously unfriendly attitude for unknown reason and tried to pick any minor issue during the interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview, with a number of technical weed out questions. Lots of friendly back and forth about leading edge technology related to the specific group's current tasks followed. Interviewer came off as a good guy and technically competent.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

was good experience. there were fairly tough questions that were asked. there were multiple rounds of interviews followed by HR session. each interview round was from a different person.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

2 interviews, 1 phone , 1 face 2 face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

short. 1 week.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview

Talked on the phone twice, both around 10-20 min. Questions were just to check how eager I am for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the percentage that you will accept the offer if we give you a competent offer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

Wrote to a recruiter on Linked-in. got set up for 2 phone interviews. simple C coding and basic data structures. Flown in for 6 onsite interviews. Again, simple C coding, basic data structs, Computer Architecture, Performance issues, design questions Extremely nice people and very helpful !!

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from another company

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly expected questions. C++ and algorithm questions were the hardest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

I was contacted by Intel's HR for an initial phone screen. The initial phone screen was with 2 engineers who were on the team for which I would be interviewing. The questions were technical in nature, but nothing too heavy. I was contacted shortly thereafter requesting that I come out for an on-site interview. Just before I left, I was also contacted by another manager for a second set of interviews while I was going to be on site. The day of my interviews, I went through a series of 1 hour interviews with engineers and managers over the course of a day. Overall, everyone seem prepared and organized for the interview. Some were harder to read than others, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say there was a difficult or unexpected question. All the interviews were very technical in nature and I was able to answer all of them (correctly I believe).   Answer Question