Intel Corporation

Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview, with a number of technical weed out questions. Lots of friendly back and forth about leading edge technology related to the specific group's current tasks followed. Interviewer came off as a good guy and technically competent.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

was good experience. there were fairly tough questions that were asked. there were multiple rounds of interviews followed by HR session. each interview round was from a different person.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

2 interviews, 1 phone , 1 face 2 face

short. 1 week.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Talked on the phone twice, both around 10-20 min. Questions were just to check how eager I am for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the percentage that you will accept the offer if we give you a competent offer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Wrote to a recruiter on Linked-in. got set up for 2 phone interviews. simple C coding and basic data structures. Flown in for 6 onsite interviews. Again, simple C coding, basic data structs, Computer Architecture, Performance issues, design questions

Extremely nice people and very helpful !!

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview, followed by onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly expected questions. C++ and algorithm questions were the hardest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was contacted by Intel's HR for an initial phone screen. The initial phone screen was with 2 engineers who were on the team for which I would be interviewing. The questions were technical in nature, but nothing too heavy. I was contacted shortly thereafter requesting that I come out for an on-site interview. Just before I left, I was also contacted by another manager for a second set of interviews while I was going to be on site. The day of my interviews, I went through a series of 1 hour interviews with engineers and managers over the course of a day. Overall, everyone seem prepared and organized for the interview. Some were harder to read than others, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was a difficult or unexpected question. All the interviews were very technical in nature and I was able to answer all of them (correctly I believe).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

Hr Screen on phone.
    Phone interview by Manager.
    Followed by onsite interview with three to four collegues.
    Followed by HR call and Salary Negotiation and final offer

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions arise out of what they are doing rather then what you know.   View Answer
    Please not to be desparate in accepting the job and you will loose the negotiation chance.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Since the interview was through employee referral, the project manager arranged the interview.
    There was one telephonic round in which I had to explain about my current project and some questions related to device drivers.
    Subsequently, I was called for a face to face interview at Intel, Bangalore. This was a marathon with 6 interviewers coming in one after the other for a total of 6 hours. One focused on behavioural aspects and the rest were all technical. There were C questions (my preparation of having a look at the top 50 C questions in stackoverflow was quite useful). There were some questions on computer architecture and some on hardware aspects of device level communication protocols. Most interviewers based their questions around my project.
    Overall, I felt that this is how any company should conduct an interview if it is has to avoid dealing with bad candidates later. A few weeks later, the HR called and asked some details about my education and employment history.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain the I2C communication protocol in detail.   Answer Question
    Did not have to negotiate as the offer was better than what I asked.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Very nice interview process - they respect experience as opposed to most companies who rely heavily on problem solving. Looks like a good place to be.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement an NTP like protocol in the 16th century.   Answer Question

I wasn't ready to give up my current position.