Intel Corporation

Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Had applied online via Intel Job portal.
One round of telephonic from the Senior Manager. This round was mostly on my resume and projects few basic knowledge testing.
Got a call for on-site visit. I had 5 rounds of 1:1 with senior software developers. They covered grounds on Object oriented concepts, XML, Java, Data structures, algorithms and design concepts. Each round did had white board coding ( moderate difficulty ). Process was very good and the interviewers very friendly and helpful. (they knew what to expect from a grad student!!)
Lunch session with the manager to discuss about team and the culture.
Got a mail in the same week with the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Few of the coding questions were on memory level.
    Like how to test the stack overflow in java via a simple code.

Answer Question
Offer was pretty competitive for me. Yes you do have an option to negotiate when the HR calls for the formal offer discussion.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2014.

Asked about CA (like memory hierarchy, I/O), OS (like IPC, process and thread, Mutex, deadlock, metaphore, virtual memory), C (like static, global), OOP, cache, binary search, difference between embedded C and C

Software Developer Interview

I was not selected for the interview process because my resume did not meet their requirement.
    Also I am not a US citizen. Few jobs in Intel are posted for Citizens.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Got through Employee Referral. One phone interview and then one on-site. Phone interview had questions to test my knowledge about the work that they have been doing and simple javascript questions. On-site: Discussed my previous projects and experience, algorithms questions and questions on frontend and puzzles.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Got a mail from the manager that he got my resume from his staffing department and would like to schedule a one hour phone interview. Later in the week I had a phone interview with me which I managed to clear. The interview was mostly about my projects and later in the second half he asked a fair amount of technical question. I was then called onsite where I had 7 1:1 interviews, out of which 5 were technical and 2 were HR based interviews. I was quite confident after the interview but didn't got any offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2010.

Interview was initiated by a fellow student of a local university. Two rounds of code competency tests were submitted via email. I don't remember exactly what the exercises were but I seem to recall them to sufficiently difficult. The interview then progressed to an all-day, on site interview gauntlet consisting of several hour or so interviews with several employees.

Took another job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2009.

The recruiter setup the interview for a 1 year contract position as a software developer. I met with the project manager. He asked general work history questions, nothing technical. I then met with each team member separately, there were four of them. Each member asked a series of technical questions and asked me to write code on the white board. Basic C# class code which was pretty easy however intellisense can make you forget the basics if you rely on it too much. So make sure you know how to structure a class and which derived classes typically inherit which base classes.

There was a DBA on the team so of course I had to go to the white board and mock up some tables and identify the relationships through primary and foreign keys. One-to-one, one-to-many and mapping tables.

Overall I did okay, I stumbled a bit on the syntax because I rely on intellisense too much. The recruiter called me the next day and told me Intel made an offer which I accepted. Overall it was a pretty simple process and the team members where great.

Interview Questions
    • Write the code behind for a Windows Form that would be generated automatically when you add a new form to the project.   View Answer
    • Draw three tables on the white board Customer, Address and Orders. Add Keys to show the relationships.   Answer Question
    They offered more than I expected so I accepted what was offered to me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haifa (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haifa (Israel)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

there where one quastion with 3 colors of balls in array,and you need to sort the balls so that they will appear in the same group,in the array,with complexity of O(n)

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

I was interviewed by 4 engineers via an international phone call. The questions were all behavioral questions. Because I am currently in US, they were very concerned if I really want to relocate there for a long term. The problem was that the phone was not very clear so sometimes I couldn't hear them very clearly.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

pretty straight forward, Interviewer will give 30mins time to describe all the projects that u have done and he will select you based on tht

Interview Questions
    • What is your role in all the projects?   View Answer

got better offer