Intel Corporation

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was initiated by a fellow student of a local university. Two rounds of code competency tests were submitted via email. I don't remember exactly what the exercises were but I seem to recall them to sufficiently difficult. The interview then progressed to an all-day, on site interview gauntlet consisting of several hour or so interviews with several employees.

Interview Question – Describe how Windows works.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Took another job offer.

Software Developer

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a mail from the manager that he got my resume from his staffing department and would like to schedule a one hour phone interview. Later in the week I had a phone interview with me which I managed to clear. The interview was mostly about my projects and later in the second half he asked a fair amount of technical question. I was then called onsite where I had 7 1:1 interviews, out of which 5 were technical and 2 were HR based interviews. I was quite confident after the interview but didn't got any offer.

Interview Question – What libraries are used in C# for garbage collection?   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2009.

Interview Details – The recruiter setup the interview for a 1 year contract position as a software developer. I met with the project manager. He asked general work history questions, nothing technical. I then met with each team member separately, there were four of them. Each member asked a series of technical questions and asked me to write code on the white board. Basic C# class code which was pretty easy however intellisense can make you forget the basics if you rely on it too much. So make sure you know how to structure a class and which derived classes typically inherit which base classes.

There was a DBA on the team so of course I had to go to the white board and mock up some tables and identify the relationships through primary and foreign keys. One-to-one, one-to-many and mapping tables.

Overall I did okay, I stumbled a bit on the syntax because I rely on intellisense too much. The recruiter called me the next day and told me Intel made an offer which I accepted. Overall it was a pretty simple process and the team members where great.

Interview Questions

• Write the code behind for a Windows Form that would be generated automatically when you add a new form to the project.   View Answer
  • Draw three tables on the white board Customer, Address and Orders. Add Keys to show the relationships.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I expected so I accepted what was offered to me.

Haifa (Israel)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – there where one quastion with 3 colors of balls in array,and you need to sort the balls so that they will appear in the same group,in the array,with complexity of O(n)

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – Manpower is Intel's worldwide head hunter. Registered at Manpower gives you some advantage to get a job in Intel. Interviewing is directly with the hiring manager, no HR screening at all (Well, assuming Manpower did the job.) If the hiring manager likes you, you get the job. That's it!! Very simple. Q&A session just likes all other interviews, nothing special to mention.

Interview Question – May ask you to answer some technical questions at the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is good, just accept it. That's it!!

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 4 engineers via an international phone call. The questions were all behavioral questions. Because I am currently in US, they were very concerned if I really want to relocate there for a long term. The problem was that the phone was not very clear so sometimes I couldn't hear them very clearly.

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer
Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details – pretty straight forward, Interviewer will give 30mins time to describe all the projects that u have done and he will select you based on tht

Interview Question – What is your role in all the projects?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – got better offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

At Intel, we're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun playing the new Intel ChipMan game As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.