Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details – It's a phone interview of 4 people (including me). People are very nice. Asked a lot of things in my CV. Then asked what's the most difficult problem I met and how I solved it. Also memory management, OOP. Also problems about teamwork.

Interview Question – how to test your program to make sure these's no memory leak   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Question – No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – In the email for the job opportunity at Intel, I first was asked to schedule a phone screen.

Phone screen - 5 mins on the resume, 30 mins on technical questions and then 10 mins of job description provided by the interviewer.

Then there was an onsite interview which had a lunch interview followed by 7 interviews of 45 to 30 mins each.

Interview Question – Technical questions and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Hired after 45 minute phone interview only. Met my manager after orientation (about a half day thing)

Interview Question – No trick questions, we just talked about my experience with the technologies the team was currently using and how my skill set could help the team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary range, they gave me 3 cents per hour under my low..

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – One phone interview. The interviewer had a fairly thick Indian accent (which was to be expected). She asked me a few C/C++-based questions (difference between malloc and calloc, etc). Then she asked how to swap the values in two registers without using a third register. I would just study basic interviewing questions. Not too bad.

Interview Question – Swap values between two registers without using a third register.   View Answer

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I got call from Hiring Manager for interview , there were total of 4 interviews all telephonic by different people from different location.
first interview was behavioral by hiring manager , most of the questions were about my previous experience , mostly on the work i done and projects i worked on , then some related to my academic project and research work, no specific question but general descriptive, and then at the end why this company related few question.
second was with 3 senior members , i think 2 were senior engineer and one interviewer was of director level , mostly grilled on my projects and then specific questions on C++ and OpenGL programming and then what projects i would be interested in company if i given choice ,this was important i believe.
3rd interview was taken by junior engineer and lead , question were related to vector calculations , graphics and basic C++ programming questions.
final interview was again related to vectors and then some tricky questions on my previous work projects that how did i do (e.g. how did you actually improved performance for games - driver tweaks etc)
and then i was offered intern position for 6 months.

Interview Question – No difficult questions but expect grilling on previous work projects and academic project or research work you are doing at University   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with a general e-mail to gauge my interest in a position. Scheduled an hour long phone interview with 3 different people. Questions were a combination of technical and behavioral topics.

Interview Question – How would I debug an update to a graphics driver that lead to the wrong color being displayed in a game.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standardized offer for an intern.

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I got a mail directly from the project manager saying that there is a position open on his team as a software engineer intern and would like to interview me for the same. In the interview he asked me questions related to C programming, object oriented programming and RTOS. I felt the question were very specific and closely related to the position.

Interview Question – It was a telephonic interview and he asked me to write a small code and read it. The programming question was how will you identify whether a system is little endian or big endian? write a code for that.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Really easy. Mostly interpersonal questions about working with others etc. What classes I took, how I deal with conflict with employees, things I am proud of doing. Nothing too technical but I did talk about my technical experience when asked about previous accomplishments. The interview was a group of Intel reps all at one time at my university.

Interview Question – They asked me if I can focus on one thing since I do so many things at school. Not really hard just a weird question.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring manager set up a phone interview. The position was for testing. So, a lot of questions on types of testing, differences between them, realtime test cases, my experience and issues faced with testing etc... were asked. Then, a very few technical (very basic) C++ questions were asked. The interview was very simple.

Interview Question – All questions were very basic and totally answerable if you are strong on the basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!