Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

One phone interview. The interviewer had a fairly thick Indian accent (which was to be expected). She asked me a few C/C++-based questions (difference between malloc and calloc, etc). Then she asked how to swap the values in two registers without using a third register. I would just study basic interviewing questions. Not too bad.

Interview Questions
  • Swap values between two registers without using a third register.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I got call from Hiring Manager for interview , there were total of 4 interviews all telephonic by different people from different location.
    first interview was behavioral by hiring manager , most of the questions were about my previous experience , mostly on the work i done and projects i worked on , then some related to my academic project and research work, no specific question but general descriptive, and then at the end why this company related few question.
    second was with 3 senior members , i think 2 were senior engineer and one interviewer was of director level , mostly grilled on my projects and then specific questions on C++ and OpenGL programming and then what projects i would be interested in company if i given choice ,this was important i believe.
    3rd interview was taken by junior engineer and lead , question were related to vector calculations , graphics and basic C++ programming questions.
    final interview was again related to vectors and then some tricky questions on my previous work projects that how did i do (e.g. how did you actually improved performance for games - driver tweaks etc)
    and then i was offered intern position for 6 months.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions but expect grilling on previous work projects and academic project or research work you are doing at University   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

It's a phone interview of 4 people (including me). People are very nice. Asked a lot of things in my CV. Then asked what's the most difficult problem I met and how I solved it. Also memory management, OOP. Also problems about teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • how to test your program to make sure these's no memory leak   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I got a mail directly from the project manager saying that there is a position open on his team as a software engineer intern and would like to interview me for the same. In the interview he asked me questions related to C programming, object oriented programming and RTOS. I felt the question were very specific and closely related to the position.

Interview Questions
    • It was a telephonic interview and he asked me to write a small code and read it. The programming question was how will you identify whether a system is little endian or big endian? write a code for that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

The hiring manager set up a phone interview. The position was for testing. So, a lot of questions on types of testing, differences between them, realtime test cases, my experience and issues faced with testing etc... were asked. Then, a very few technical (very basic) C++ questions were asked. The interview was very simple.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very basic and totally answerable if you are strong on the basics.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

I submitted my resume online and was called by the end of the day by one of the members in the intern department. He said they were on a time crunch and has six candidates left to choose from, but my resume appeared better than others and he was wondering if I had time to interview before the end of the day. Luckily I only had one more class for the day, and accepted.

The "most difficult" question I was asked (probably because I'm a freshman) was given an array of 100 numbers in order (ie 1,2,3...,99,100) with 99 unique values and 1 duplicate value, how would I find the duplicate? I answered BST and then traverse the left or right child depending on what the root node was. He then asked me the big-Oh of it which is logn. I got a call from the original contact at Intel asking me to join them for the summer about twenty minutes after the phone interview.

Got an email the following week for me to consent to a background check and then the week after that I was formally given an offer.

No negotiation. I receive full benefits, free

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Hired after 45 minute phone interview only. Met my manager after orientation (about a half day thing)

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions, we just talked about my experience with the technologies the team was currently using and how my skill set could help the team   Answer Question
    I asked for a salary range, they gave me 3 cents per hour under my low..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

In the email for the job opportunity at Intel, I first was asked to schedule a phone screen.

Phone screen - 5 mins on the resume, 30 mins on technical questions and then 10 mins of job description provided by the interviewer.

Then there was an onsite interview which had a lunch interview followed by 7 interviews of 45 to 30 mins each.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

3 interviews back-to-back, each about hour long. One General/Technical interview by manager, followed by technical interview and then HR.