Intel Corporation

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

111 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

I was working as an Intern and applied through internal website. There was an initial talk with the hiring team about my current project. Then two weeks later, a full day interview was scheduled. Multiple areas of computer Science curriculum were tested. One round was on virtualization and communication stack in VMs, one round on networking, one round was on Graph theory.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

The process takes one day and goes smoothly. Different interviewers focus on different domains, such as programming language, document reading and understanding, team cooperation and others. It is not easy to answer all questions. You need to think fast and give good answers. These interviews are quite smart. The technical questions are well prepared.

Interview Questions
    • When the task is impossible to finish within the given deadline, what should you do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Was an intern in the same team. Worked hard for 3 monthsand manager converted to full time with out interview. There was just a phone interview for internship. He was impressed with my skill sets and gave me internship oppurtunity.

No negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

First I had a written test about linux and basic programming questions. Then I was invited for onsite interviews. Two engineers asked me programming questions like sorting arrays, finding elements on it, time complexity, etc. I had to write in a whiteboard and explain my answer.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer from another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

The interview process is somewhat of a joke. Compared to Google/Microsoft/etc. it is incredibly easy. I had zero programming questions though talking with coworkers this is not the norm. Some of my coworkers got questions such as implement Fibonacci. Most interested in asking questions about drivers/OS primitives (semaphores, threading, etc.)

Interview Questions
    Don't take initial offer. They will low ball you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Applied online October 2013 and called for a phone interview in May 2014 (So don't lose hope). 20 min phone screen. Called for on-site which was 4 rounds 1v1 each 45 min- 2 tech and 2 behavioral. Interviewers were very cool and very helpful too. It was a fun and pleasant experience on my side.

Interview Questions
    • Varied behavioral questions. Technical focused on oops concepts(explain 4 pillars of OOP with examples). Was asked to write code to print the largest number in an unsorted integer array of infinite size. Although the position was for C#, they were cool about me coding in java.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Systems software knowledge will be tested thoroughly. be familiar with x86 architecture. Be confident and truthful. Most people are friendly, very smart and warming. One of the best places to interview and to work for!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Applied online for several positions at a smaller Intel facility (~100 people). Took about 6 weeks for them to contact me by email saying they were interested. I then had a 30 minute phone screening which was primarily discussing my background. I was not asked to solve any technical problems. I heard back within a couple days that they wanted me for an onsite interview. Onsite interview was 4 hours long and consisted of meeting 6 people, two managers, two team leads, and two engineers. Mostly discussed my background and quizzed me on it. Engineers had some design questions for me. Notably not asked any algorithms questions. Finally I took a written test where I had to analyze and write some different code fragments. Was not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • I always have difficulty answering the more personal questions - "What makes you frustrated at work" The technical part of the interview was not challenging for me because I had a strong background in the material.   View Answers (2)
    Yes successfully negotiated 6% increase to base. I was contacted by an HR person who went over the original offer with me. It was an okay offer, about market rate maybe a little above. Before hand I did a lot of reading online about how/when to negotiate salary, so decided to try out the techniques I had been learning. I asked for an additional 6% to base pay, HR said she had to talk it over with the hiring manager. 36 hours later she got back to me saying the increase was approved. Wonder if I could have asked for even more? Anyway I'm happy with what I got.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2012.

Interview process include an initial interview and one day on-site. For the on-site you will have 4~5 technical interviews, and having lunch with the prospect manager.

Interview Questions
    • I am asked to print out all the possible letter combinations on telephone pad when you punch in a 7-digit number.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Was selected in RUSH hiring event which is for recent college graduates. Since I had graphics courses in my resume, I was called by 3 different teams for interviewing on the same day for graphics software engineer positions. One of the teams finally selected me :)

Interview Questions
    • No such question comes to my mind. Since I was applying for graphics developer positions, most of the questions were focused around graphics pipeline.   Answer Question
    I accepted the first offer. I did not negotiate.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!