Intel Corporation

Updated Aug 13, 2014
107 interviews

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Was an intern in the same team. Worked hard for 3 monthsand manager converted to full time with out interview. There was just a phone interview for internship. He was impressed with my skill sets and gave me internship oppurtunity.

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

First I had a written test about linux and basic programming questions. Then I was invited for onsite interviews. Two engineers asked me programming questions like sorting arrays, finding elements on it, time complexity, etc. I had to write in a whiteboard and explain my answer.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer from another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

The interview process is somewhat of a joke. Compared to Google/Microsoft/etc. it is incredibly easy. I had zero programming questions though talking with coworkers this is not the norm. Some of my coworkers got questions such as implement Fibonacci. Most interested in asking questions about drivers/OS primitives (semaphores, threading, etc.)

Interview Questions
    Don't take initial offer. They will low ball you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Applied online October 2013 and called for a phone interview in May 2014 (So don't lose hope). 20 min phone screen. Called for on-site which was 4 rounds 1v1 each 45 min- 2 tech and 2 behavioral. Interviewers were very cool and very helpful too. It was a fun and pleasant experience on my side.

Interview Questions
    • Varied behavioral questions. Technical focused on oops concepts(explain 4 pillars of OOP with examples). Was asked to write code to print the largest number in an unsorted integer array of infinite size. Although the position was for C#, they were cool about me coding in java.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Systems software knowledge will be tested thoroughly. be familiar with x86 architecture. Be confident and truthful. Most people are friendly, very smart and warming. One of the best places to interview and to work for!

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Applied online for several positions at a smaller Intel facility (~100 people). Took about 6 weeks for them to contact me by email saying they were interested. I then had a 30 minute phone screening which was primarily discussing my background. I was not asked to solve any technical problems. I heard back within a couple days that they wanted me for an onsite interview. Onsite interview was 4 hours long and consisted of meeting 6 people, two managers, two team leads, and two engineers. Mostly discussed my background and quizzed me on it. Engineers had some design questions for me. Notably not asked any algorithms questions. Finally I took a written test where I had to analyze and write some different code fragments. Was not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • I always have difficulty answering the more personal questions - "What makes you frustrated at work" The technical part of the interview was not challenging for me because I had a strong background in the material.   View Answers (2)
    Yes successfully negotiated 6% increase to base. I was contacted by an HR person who went over the original offer with me. It was an okay offer, about market rate maybe a little above. Before hand I did a lot of reading online about how/when to negotiate salary, so decided to try out the techniques I had been learning. I asked for an additional 6% to base pay, HR said she had to talk it over with the hiring manager. 36 hours later she got back to me saying the increase was approved. Wonder if I could have asked for even more? Anyway I'm happy with what I got.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2012.

Interview process include an initial interview and one day on-site. For the on-site you will have 4~5 technical interviews, and having lunch with the prospect manager.

Interview Questions
    • I am asked to print out all the possible letter combinations on telephone pad when you punch in a 7-digit number.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Was selected in RUSH hiring event which is for recent college graduates. Since I had graphics courses in my resume, I was called by 3 different teams for interviewing on the same day for graphics software engineer positions. One of the teams finally selected me :)

Interview Questions
    • No such question comes to my mind. Since I was applying for graphics developer positions, most of the questions were focused around graphics pipeline.   Answer Question
    I accepted the first offer. I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Had a phone interview with many small questions related to computer architecture, operating systems and programming. Then offered onsite interview.

Onsite interview was with 5 different people. Each kind of tried to cover different topics. Again questions came from computer architecture (i/o, memory hierarchy etc.), operating systems (cache consistency, virtual memory etc.), programming (c,c++,assembly). Last interviewer asked more general questions what would you do if you were in this case, what do you think about future of computers etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not about being difficult but they kind of tried to focus on and ask about things that I haven't mentioned in my resume or told them on phone interview such as virtualization, assembly programming etc. If you were looking for someone who already have experience with all of those you shouldn't have invited me for onsite. Or at least do not take them into account and look whether I can learn them or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Initial Phone Call interview- Basic questions about your projects and then covered concepts of operating systems, computer architecture and driver development.
    Selected for onsite interview.Total of 6 rounds of interview.Each interviewer making sure covering different topics -os,computer architecture, Intel Architecture, Synchronization techniques, data structures- programming.
    Took out for lunch and had a series of HR questions and generic technical questions related to resume and background.
    Reimbursed airfare,hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Gave a Modeling problem.Interrupt scenario and its consequences.   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!