Intel Corporation

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

132 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2008.

1 on 1 interview process. Was quite okay. Look out for all round skills. General DBMS qns, OOPS qns, .NET technologies etc were quizzed on. DBMS qns, OOPS qns, .NET technologies etc were quizzed on. Some SQL queries also.Then an HR round. Be truthful wid answers. Why do u wanna work in Intel? etc...

Interview Questions
  • Some simple puzzles.
    What are the total number of lines written by you in C/C++? What is the most complicated/valuable program written in C/C++?

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2008.

After initial pre-screen and phone interview, flew me to campus for on site interview. Meet with 4 people in total and have lunch with one of the interviewers. Met with a manager and was asked some behavioral and basic concept questions. The 2 technical people who asked bitwise arithmetic and c/c++ oriented questions. The final 1:1 interview focused on architecture design.

Interview Questions
    Was not given opportunity to negotiate. Position and education level dictated pay grade.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

Contacted by manager, which reviews selected applications given from HR (new grad). Not sure if this is "typical" but here was the process.

1st Interview (TeamManager/Director) - Behavioral questions, background, team work, qualifications (non-technical), & personality.
    2nd Interview (Team Lead) - Extensive background picking (projects, people, & situations).
    3rd Interview (Engineer) - Skills assessment (basic to intermediate language specific questions), be sure to know the languages you claim (at the LEAST, know the basics, i.e. strengths, etc).
    4th Interview (Senior Team Lead) - Literally went through everything on the resume, asking questions. Also asked technical questions in relation to areas you claim you know. Gave background of the team, problems they face.
    5th Interview (TeamManager/Director) - Determine goals, and interest in continuing position.

No on-site interview occurred (I'm out of state), but the phone interview process was very exhaustive. Personally, I loved the interview process and if you find yourself struggling, you shouldn't be applying (yet) in that area.
    HR didn't get "in the way". Friendly, and did a decent job of listening to concerns and following the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • If you claim to know C++, they'll ask "How well do you know C++?". From there, they'll ask questions regarding that skill level (what's a vtable, etc)?   View Answer
    Offered a very competitive comprehensive package. Not worth risking negotiations (new grad here), as they offer several other well-placed incentives to increase salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2008.

It was difficult. Many smart people at Intel. It was geared through Computer architecture, C/C++, algorithm and data structure. Manger asked some puzzle question too.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the projects in school. Linked list and tree questions.   Answer Question

I got another offer at another location which seemed to be better option at that point. I still miss Intel. It was my dream company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2007.

easy breezy lemon squeezey if you know your domain like the back of your hand. Interviewers at Intel mostly look for strong background in the area of your degree, ability to communicate and work with people.

Interview Questions
    ask for higher pay. they start you at base minimums if you don't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2008.

Hr scheduled interview. Phone interview technical. after two called for personal interview. One personal Interview , one behavioural interview. Result was known after 2 weeks .. Hr called offered . negotiated no use, accepted the offer

no use of negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

We set up a time that was convenient to me, he started off with the technical interview which took about 45 minutes. Then he explained about the position in more detail. Allowed for some time for me to ask questions about the job. Overall he was very nice and gave me the time to think over the questions. The only thing that bothered me was that there long silent pauses on his side after I answered a question, I guess it's there to make you doubt your answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

I applied online and about 3 weeks later received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was basically the manager talking about the position and asking some questions about my background and a few technical questions; this phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was immediately invited to do two technical phone interviews with team members, which I did the next day. The first technical phone interview was only about 25 minutes, and I was asked mostly general (although fairly difficult) C++ questions. The second technical phone interview was about 1 hour and was almost entirely architecture questions, several of which went quite in depth. About 2 hours later I was invited for an on-site interview.

About 2 weeks later I went to Santa Clara for the on-site interview. They flew me down on a Sunday, the interview was on Monday, and I left on Tuesday. The interview was about 5 hours. My first 1:1 interview was an hour long with a team member, and he mostly asked about various C++ and OOP topics. The second 1:1 interview was also an hour and mostly involved me writing code (C and assembly) on paper to solve a few problems. Next I had a half hour interview with the manager, who asked a few technical questions, but mostly told me about the benefits. Then was a 1:30 hour lunch with the team. After that I had a one hour discussion with a team member, which was fairly casual conversation about the position and team and area (no hard or technical questions). Finally I had another half hour interview with the manager and he mostly told me about what they were looking for and I tried to sell myself.

I was told t hey would let me know within one week. A week later I got a phone interview from HR offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • How can you exchange the value of two variables without using a third variable?   View Answers (2)
    • When would you want to use a linked list over an array? When wouldn't you want to use a linked list?   View Answer
    • In C++, what does the virtual keyword actually mean?   View Answer
    I did not attempt to negotiate the offer. The total compensation was pretty good, and I felt it would be difficult to negotiate for an entry level job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2011.

Was initially contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and set in my resume.

Several weeks later was contacted by Intel for a phone interview. The interview was scheduled for the following Monday. It consisted of some very basic questions about programming and software engineering as well as some behavioral questions.

The interviewer's manager called me later that day for a follow up interview and the day after that (Tuesday) they scheduled me for a full day on-site interview for that Thursday.

The on-site interview consisted of eight one hour interviews, one of them over lunch. They asked a lot of technical questions about a variety of topics, many behavioral questions, and I covered the whiteboard in the conference room with code several times.

I have been selected, but the HR manager has been out for the week and will be contacting me on Monday to present an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2011.

I got an email requesting an interview. The interview went good, it was all technical. However, I didn't receive an offer.