Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview which asked me questions about the technologies used in my resume. Day long behavior and technical interviews on-site where I was grilled and had to write code on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• How can you describe an opportunity to show technical leadership you've had in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview include a test and two interviewers. They ask all technical questions, javascript, python, c, c++, and algorithm. The whole interview was fine, but I have not prepare it at all. Know nothing about the company, just applyed through the software.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Haifa (Israel)) in July 2015.

Interview

i had to describe in details one of my recent projects. also i had to answer 2 technical questions. at the beginning of the interview i was explained about the company and the position. overall thay were really nice.

Interview Questions

• 1. Copy a single linked list, where each node has a pointer to the next node and another pointer to an arbitrary node from that list. 2. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of a new way to represent bits of an integer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

it is a nice experience. first round was phone interview, and invited to be onsite. Talked to 5 people in 4 hours. They are patience and provided clear explaination for questions. It was white boarding coding. computer basic questions, algorithms and data structure

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

phone interview followed up by full day interview session. Met with many people in 1 hour back to back interviews - exhausting. Each person covered a different area with some overlap. OK to not know the answer to come questions - not ok on other types of questions. New hires need to be ok asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, logical(including *Moti Carlo algorithms) and electrical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked me to talk about my previous work experience and the relevant coursework. I was also asked some basic technical questions related to C++. After this i was called for an onsite interview which had two rounds. One was technical where i was asked questions related to Embedded Systems and Operating Systems.After this it was similar to a HR round where I was supposed to answer how I reacted to various situations at my previous work place.

Interview Questions

• Differences between Mutex and Semaphore...What is a Spin lock ? ....When would you use each of these? ..Difference between Structure and Union...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I applied through university. They shortlisted the candidates for a telephonic interview based on the resume. I got call from Hiring Manager for interview , there were total of 3 interviews all telephonic by different people from different location.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were about the basics of operating systems, computer organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

I only had on-site interview with Intel. Most of the questions revolved around my previous work as postdoctoral researcher and my research in school. The interview lasted from 10am - 5pm including lunch interview. I met with with 7-8 interviewers, but most of them were from single team. Lunch was with the manager and the program manager. It was a pleasant experience overall. Towards the end of the day the program manager encouraged me to stay over the weekend in Oregon to look around and enjoy the place.

Interview Questions

• OS fundamentals, memory consistency models, multithreading, caching.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online and it took about two months to actually get called back. Once I got called back though, the process went very quickly! First, I was contacted for a phone screening that was pretty straightforward with a few behavioral questions and technical questions that felt like they were read off of a paper. After passing the phone screening I was contacted two days later with a second more technical phone screening. It also had a few behavioral questions and a few questions that actually asked me how I would design a program. A couple days after that, I was contacted for a flight out to the Intel campus for an in person interview. The flight scheduling was really nice, Intel covered everything (flight, hotel, car rental, food). The on campus interview was rather intense, not because it was hard but because it was draining. It started at 8:00 AM and I had interviews with 9 people (mostly 1 hour, but two were half hour) ending at 5:00 PM. The on campus interviews tended to always start with a behavioral question or two, then they would lead off into technical questions. I was asked to write code on a whiteboard, locate bugs in some printed code, write code on paper, and how I would design certain solutions (sometimes with code and sometimes with just a high level overview). The Intel campus was great! It was HUGE compared to what I'm used to. The campus had three food courts (which had some good food from the lunch that was provided for me), a spa and salon, massage therapist, gym (with karate and yoga classes at the moment, but I was told more are offered), play area (ping pong tables, pool tables, air hockey tables, and what's even better is people were actually playing!), US Bank branch (not just an ATM, but actually a desk with a teller), and health center with a doctor and nurses (you know, for all the injuries programmers get from typing. Actually, you can go there for all your regular checkups).

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive Java function to reverse a String object   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Intel?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a web service to limit a user to 1000 transactions per hour?   Answer Question
    • If you have 8 coins and one weighs more than the others, give three algorithms with their best and worst case comparisons. Which of the three algorithms would you use? Alright, code the algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with an angry coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate to a higher salary, but the initial offer was actually higher than I expected. When I talked about it with the recruiter, she said that the extended a larger salary than normal to be, so no negotiation took place. If you do have to negotiate though, it sounded like the recruiter will need to take your requested salary and go back to the team you're applying for to request the new salary, so it may require a few phone calls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Process was Easy to moderate. Overall experience with HR and Hiring team was great. After the first telephonic interview, I was called onsite and the onsite interview had 9 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms, Dynamic Programming, Bit Magic, Puzzles, Advanced Data Structures   Answer Question