Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

it is a nice experience. first round was phone interview, and invited to be onsite. Talked to 5 people in 4 hours. They are patience and provided clear explaination for questions. It was white boarding coding. computer basic questions, algorithms and data structure

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I was contacted by two different teams on the phone for a "get to know you" call. I received a technical follow-up call from one of the teams that did not go very well. It was my mistake that I wasn't very prepared. So study up on things you think you already know! Then I came in for long day of interviews with people from the other team. It was I think six different interviews ranging from technical puzzle to coding to questions on how I work with others. The environment was very relaxed, casual, and pretty comfortable. Because of my first screw-up on the phone I had put a week's worth of hard studying/reviewing so I was well prepared for these interviews, and they went really well.

Interview Questions

• What exactly happens in a computer system when there's a keyboard input interrupt, and how does the CPU process that instruction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate a higher starting salary, which I was bummed about. But they did throw in a few thousand dollar sign-on bonus.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Applied from career fair. Took 1 week to get interview. They contacted via email and set date and time for one hour of interview. Questions were from three areas only. 1) C (2) Operating system (3) Computer architecture. Operating system and computer architecture questions were easy, but not C.

Interview Questions

• Questions regrading C were difficult as they wanted for operating system debugging. So you need to know all about C and it's good if you read any C book to get idea about some detail orientated questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The overall process was smooth and streamless, occurring within the span of a week or so. The interviewers were professional and friendly, and were attentive throughout the duration of the interviews. I was asked multiple questions regarding my personal goals and what I would like to accomplish at Intel. Additionally, I was told that I would have a good amount of flexibility within the team as well as ample resources to bring up my questions or suggestions to higher-ups.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I got referred by an acquaintance to the Windows OS team at Folsom. The overall interview process was around 3-4 weeks. I had an initial round of phone interview which concentrated on general operating system concepts. I was invited for an onsite interview at Folsom, CA. It was the worst experience that I have had in an interview. I think that the decision regarding hiring was made well before actually even interviewing me. There were 7 rounds of technical interviews. First round was good with generic discussion about my projects, operating system concepts etc. Second round was by an engineer with no proper communication skills, he was rude, unwilling to hear to my approach to problems. This was supossed to be a x86 coding round when I had no where listed that on my resume. Most of the rounds were primarily concentrated on computer architecture when I had very limited knowledge on the same. The interviewers seems very inconsiderate of the fact that I was a computer science student and not a CE student. The lunch interview was a pain, right from the moment we left the meeting room, till we came back the interviewer was constantly asking questions, with very limited time given to even have my food. I was expected to code on paper even the lunch interview round which seemed pretty insane to me. The worst part was the same team at Hillborough had no CE questions at all that were asked while interviewing the candiates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between pentium 4 pipeline and RISC pipeline. What is the first instruction that the CPU executes. Write the PIN diagram of 8086 processor.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Have two rounds of behavioral interviews instead of the typical one. First round was more of getting a sense of which department best suits you and then they send you off to another interviewer in that field to ask more behavioral and then more position specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you used new technology to succeed   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

Fairly straight forward process. HR interviews, Google hangout technician interviews, the works. Position and team were interesting but salary could not compete with other offers. HR is responsive and on time. The overall process is quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• Truly a broad assortment of knowledge. Nothing too difficult though, honestly one of the easiest and smoothest processes.   Answer Question

Salary far too low.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Best I ever had. Professional and focused. Friendly interviewers and very respectful and committed to the hiring process and to the candidate. HR was somewhat a bit slower than the technical stuff during the process

Interview Questions

• Please explain what is the garbage collector and how it operates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asking for flexibility in the location where the land located they were kind enough to meet me half way through

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had initial phone interview in which they asked puzzles followed by Day long Interview- They went through entire resume; Technical questions regarding skills in resume; Some behavioral questions like How would you handle situations in a team setup; Some puzzles;

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your teammate is not doing what he is supposed to do   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was very impressed that the process moved so fast. No delays. The whole process took a fraction of the time it would take at other big companies. Had two rounds of phone interviews then was called onsite. At the onsite interview I had 7 rounds of interviews, one hour each. The first was with senior manager and focused on behavioral, goals questions and then basic questions from what I had written on my resume. The next 5 were technical. I was tested on C, Java because that was what I said I was most comfortable with. Questions ranged from knowledge of the language e.g questions about how the garbage collector in java works, to coding questions on trees, pointers, recursion, string manipulation, arrays etc. Some interviewers also asked computer architecture questions e.g. caches, superscalar processor design etc... The last meeting was with project manager. Asked few questions concerning whether I liked group members and projects being worked on. All in all the interviewers were very focused, professional, bright and helpful. It felt more like an interesting intellectual conversation than an interview.