Intel Corporation

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

130 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Was an intern in the same team. Worked hard for 3 monthsand manager converted to full time with out interview. There was just a phone interview for internship. He was impressed with my skill sets and gave me internship oppurtunity.

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

I was working as an Intern and applied through internal website. There was an initial talk with the hiring team about my current project. Then two weeks later, a full day interview was scheduled. Multiple areas of computer Science curriculum were tested. One round was on virtualization and communication stack in VMs, one round on networking, one round was on Graph theory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Applied online October 2013 and called for a phone interview in May 2014 (So don't lose hope). 20 min phone screen. Called for on-site which was 4 rounds 1v1 each 45 min- 2 tech and 2 behavioral. Interviewers were very cool and very helpful too. It was a fun and pleasant experience on my side.

Interview Questions
    • Varied behavioral questions. Technical focused on oops concepts(explain 4 pillars of OOP with examples). Was asked to write code to print the largest number in an unsorted integer array of infinite size. Although the position was for C#, they were cool about me coding in java.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Applied online for several positions at a smaller Intel facility (~100 people). Took about 6 weeks for them to contact me by email saying they were interested. I then had a 30 minute phone screening which was primarily discussing my background. I was not asked to solve any technical problems. I heard back within a couple days that they wanted me for an onsite interview. Onsite interview was 4 hours long and consisted of meeting 6 people, two managers, two team leads, and two engineers. Mostly discussed my background and quizzed me on it. Engineers had some design questions for me. Notably not asked any algorithms questions. Finally I took a written test where I had to analyze and write some different code fragments. Was not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • I always have difficulty answering the more personal questions - "What makes you frustrated at work" The technical part of the interview was not challenging for me because I had a strong background in the material.   View Answers (2)
    Yes successfully negotiated 6% increase to base. I was contacted by an HR person who went over the original offer with me. It was an okay offer, about market rate maybe a little above. Before hand I did a lot of reading online about how/when to negotiate salary, so decided to try out the techniques I had been learning. I asked for an additional 6% to base pay, HR said she had to talk it over with the hiring manager. 36 hours later she got back to me saying the increase was approved. Wonder if I could have asked for even more? Anyway I'm happy with what I got.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Initial Phone Call interview- Basic questions about your projects and then covered concepts of operating systems, computer architecture and driver development.
    Selected for onsite interview.Total of 6 rounds of interview.Each interviewer making sure covering different topics -os,computer architecture, Intel Architecture, Synchronization techniques, data structures- programming.
    Took out for lunch and had a series of HR questions and generic technical questions related to resume and background.
    Reimbursed airfare,hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Gave a Modeling problem.Interrupt scenario and its consequences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Had a phone interview with many small questions related to computer architecture, operating systems and programming. Then offered onsite interview.

Onsite interview was with 5 different people. Each kind of tried to cover different topics. Again questions came from computer architecture (i/o, memory hierarchy etc.), operating systems (cache consistency, virtual memory etc.), programming (c,c++,assembly). Last interviewer asked more general questions what would you do if you were in this case, what do you think about future of computers etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not about being difficult but they kind of tried to focus on and ask about things that I haven't mentioned in my resume or told them on phone interview such as virtualization, assembly programming etc. If you were looking for someone who already have experience with all of those you shouldn't have invited me for onsite. Or at least do not take them into account and look whether I can learn them or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Apply through employee referral. Overall if was good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Just kind of called out of the blue. They didnt really interview me on much just asked basic c questions. Kind of easy to tell you the truth. If you have taken any sort of class in c your golden.

Nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Applied for full time position at a university career fair. They were very interested in my PhD background. They gave me a phone interview after few days. The interview was one hour. I was asked about CS topics like: OS, Computer Architecture, Algorithms. After that I was offered an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • OS:
      Preemptive scheduling

Linked list

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Submitted resume in on campus career fair. one week later, phone screen. No further information yet.

Interview Questions
    • Most of question about OS synchronization, mutex, semaphore, interrupt service routine, I/O handler, MSI cache coherence protocol.   Answer Question