Intel Corporation

Updated Sep 13, 2014

110 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Had a phone interview with many small questions related to computer architecture, operating systems and programming. Then offered onsite interview.

Onsite interview was with 5 different people. Each kind of tried to cover different topics. Again questions came from computer architecture (i/o, memory hierarchy etc.), operating systems (cache consistency, virtual memory etc.), programming (c,c++,assembly). Last interviewer asked more general questions what would you do if you were in this case, what do you think about future of computers etc.

Interview Questions
  • Not about being difficult but they kind of tried to focus on and ask about things that I haven't mentioned in my resume or told them on phone interview such as virtualization, assembly programming etc. If you were looking for someone who already have experience with all of those you shouldn't have invited me for onsite. Or at least do not take them into account and look whether I can learn them or not.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Initial Phone Call interview- Basic questions about your projects and then covered concepts of operating systems, computer architecture and driver development.
    Selected for onsite interview.Total of 6 rounds of interview.Each interviewer making sure covering different topics -os,computer architecture, Intel Architecture, Synchronization techniques, data structures- programming.
    Took out for lunch and had a series of HR questions and generic technical questions related to resume and background.
    Reimbursed airfare,hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Gave a Modeling problem.Interrupt scenario and its consequences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Applied for full time position at a university career fair. They were very interested in my PhD background. They gave me a phone interview after few days. The interview was one hour. I was asked about CS topics like: OS, Computer Architecture, Algorithms. After that I was offered an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • OS:
      Preemptive scheduling

Linked list
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

I was called after leaving my resume with them at a job fair. Never thought of Intel as a software company, but they sought me out and after a frank phone call with my future boss, was given a plane ticket to visit in person. Loved the area and they focused on my general knowledge and personality on a series of 1:1 interviews, very low key and comfortable. Was given an offer a few days after.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult problem you have encountered and how you worked to overcome it? Also, when have you done this in a group setting?   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Apply through employee referral. Overall if was good

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Just kind of called out of the blue. They didnt really interview me on much just asked basic c questions. Kind of easy to tell you the truth. If you have taken any sort of class in c your golden.

Nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Submitted resume in on campus career fair. one week later, phone screen. No further information yet.

Interview Questions
    • Most of question about OS synchronization, mutex, semaphore, interrupt service routine, I/O handler, MSI cache coherence protocol.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

Phone call and then two rounds of on-site

Interview Questions
    • Synchronization (Semaphores and Monitors):   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2009.

Applied online; Phone call from hiring manager (behavioral interview); Phone call from 5 developers (technical interviews); Easier than software company interviews, questions involving knowledge of OOD/OOP, and specifics about C# .NET and Java; Knew more about programming than the interviewers themselves; Taught them all a thing or three

Interview Questions
    • What is a delegate? Very tough. What is abstract class? Again, very tough. How to encapsulate variables? Please.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Called up by hiring manager and enaged in an hour-long phone interview that seemed to center around all of the classes I was taking at that point. Flown out to Oregon and engaged in four separate interviews. Two of them were more software oriented. One discussed career desires, and one was mostly held because the person was asked to and had no interested in it.

Technical interviews revolved around C questions, code analysis, and language theory.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a C++ world, what does the static keyword do in a normal C program.   View Answer
    Offered less yearly than I was currently making and given estimates of projected employee bonuses to compensate. Negotiator balked when I suggested that it was a lateral salary transfer because Intel was such a great place to work.

Bonus expectations have yet to be met.