Intel Corporation

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

110 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

It is an interview over phone call. Firstly, the interviewer introduced their teams and respect works. It is a team working on super computers. As a software team, they are doing testing in this new super computer. It works on a different OS other than Linux and Windows. Then after introduction, they ask me about my related experience in these fields.

Interview Questions
  • Detailed experience in testing building new OS for a new OS.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Met with a manager on campus and scheduled an on-campus interview. I had 4 back to back, each being an hour conducted by different people. It was very easy, almost conversational rather than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of low-level questions on how virtual memory works, security and the different levels of encryption. Mostly about windows, even though I'm a mac guy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I applied for a contract position here and I was interviewed by a manger who has 16 years experience at Intel, Portland. I have a experience of 5 years in the software industry and I was applying for jobs after a 2 years break in my career due to family reasons. I had worked on a startup idea and built and published an app and that was my recent experience. The manager just started off by belittling my skills and experience. His exact words were "Why did it take you so long to complete and publish this application? Wasn't there any one behind you with a stick (to beat you) while you were working on this app? ". I was horrified by the language used by the interviewer and I never followed up with them with the next steps after this experience. I was not asked many technical questions or anything about my previous experience. I don't know what was wrong with this interviewer or if any other interviewer was shadowing him, but I also found him giggling and talking while I was answering his questions. If they did not find my skills aligned to the position during the interview or if they already found another candidate for this position, there was a dignified and decent way of letting me know about it. I found an amazing opportunity with a company larger than Intel and I am very happy at my current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

It really depends on the team you interview with. Generally we hire folks as contractors and then if they work out we try to bring them on as full time. A phone interview to screen and then an in person interview if things go well.

Software Engineer Interview

lots of questions about searching routine

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

First 2 phone calls, then I was invited for on-site interview. Next week the offer was extended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Had applied through job fair.Got a call from manager. Had an HR round. Then was called onsite for interview to Arizona. Four rounds. One HR and 3 technical. Asked a lot about C# and ASP.net. A little database concepts too like normalization...etc Also had kind of a lunch interview at The Cheesecake factory..

Interview Questions
    • Their manager from Oregon asked me to justify my GPA which was 3.5..asked why 0.5 was missing..   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

An engineer contacted me and asked some questions regarding my resume and work experience and then asked to come for an on-site interview. No formal phone interview. The on-site interview was for about 5 hours with 5 engineers. No HR interview.

Interview Questions

The compensation was not competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

I was contacted on Jan 2013 telling my resume was present in their system and they would like to consider me for a Software Engineering position in the Manufacturing Department in Hillboro, OR. I took phone interviews in 2 weeks and was invited Onsite in a month after my phone interview. The interview over the phone was mainly a discussion in my resume , technical questions on the skills listen on my resume, simple array program. I was asked to coordinate with their travel agency in booking tickets and hotel. The Hotel shuttle took me to the main RA1 campus. I checked in, got my guest badge and was escorted to the interview room by a representative. I had 4 rounds of interviews with 3 to 2 people every time. Met 9 different people over all and also continued over a lunch discussion. I was asked behavioural questions most of the time and some technical questions like writing a piece of code on Paper. Mostly objective questions were asked based on the concepts I listed on my resume. I got a reply the immidiate evening telling I have a good feedback and will be let known next week about the next step in the process. Next week I was told offer has been initiated and was asked to provide my Visa, Employment History details. And by the end of that week I was told I have got an offer and would be contacted soon

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some simple puzzle questions too. Like river crossing one and also how to measure 4 quarts with 3 and 5 quart mugs in hand. Some mathematical type puzzle questions simple ones. I stumbled upon a very simple array sort and merge as on concentrating on tough questions I couldn't solve a very simple question.   Answer Question
    Will update soon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2009.

Contacted for phone interview, had to answer specific questions about previous experience

Interview Questions
    • I had an unexcepected C question regarding stack sorting   Answer Question
    Did not negotiative as my company was laying off