Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

First I had a written test about linux and basic programming questions. Then I was invited for onsite interviews. Two engineers asked me programming questions like sorting arrays, finding elements on it, time complexity, etc. I had to write in a whiteboard and explain my answer.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer from another company

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Called up by hiring manager and enaged in an hour-long phone interview that seemed to center around all of the classes I was taking at that point. Flown out to Oregon and engaged in four separate interviews. Two of them were more software oriented. One discussed career desires, and one was mostly held because the person was asked to and had no interested in it.

Technical interviews revolved around C questions, code analysis, and language theory.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a C++ world, what does the static keyword do in a normal C program.   View Answer
    Offered less yearly than I was currently making and given estimates of projected employee bonuses to compensate. Negotiator balked when I suggested that it was a lateral salary transfer because Intel was such a great place to work.

Bonus expectations have yet to be met.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

An engineer contacted me and asked some questions regarding my resume and work experience and then asked to come for an on-site interview. No formal phone interview. The on-site interview was for about 5 hours with 5 engineers. No HR interview.

Interview Questions

The compensation was not competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

I was contacted on Jan 2013 telling my resume was present in their system and they would like to consider me for a Software Engineering position in the Manufacturing Department in Hillboro, OR. I took phone interviews in 2 weeks and was invited Onsite in a month after my phone interview. The interview over the phone was mainly a discussion in my resume , technical questions on the skills listen on my resume, simple array program. I was asked to coordinate with their travel agency in booking tickets and hotel. The Hotel shuttle took me to the main RA1 campus. I checked in, got my guest badge and was escorted to the interview room by a representative. I had 4 rounds of interviews with 3 to 2 people every time. Met 9 different people over all and also continued over a lunch discussion. I was asked behavioural questions most of the time and some technical questions like writing a piece of code on Paper. Mostly objective questions were asked based on the concepts I listed on my resume. I got a reply the immidiate evening telling I have a good feedback and will be let known next week about the next step in the process. Next week I was told offer has been initiated and was asked to provide my Visa, Employment History details. And by the end of that week I was told I have got an offer and would be contacted soon

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some simple puzzle questions too. Like river crossing one and also how to measure 4 quarts with 3 and 5 quart mugs in hand. Some mathematical type puzzle questions simple ones. I stumbled upon a very simple array sort and merge as on concentrating on tough questions I couldn't solve a very simple question.   Answer Question
    Will update soon

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied through Intel's website...... After a few weeks was contacted by the Hiring Manager...The Manager of the group where I applied.... Asked me questions regarding my CV.... asked about few projects that I had on my CV... then some behavioral questions...but no technical questions... Then informed me that I will have 1 or 2 technical interviews..... The only problem I had with the procedure was that one of the interviewer send me an email without explicitly telling me that it is the same position I already had my pre-technical interview and asked me for sometime on the same day.... I took it as a pre-technical interview of another position... (as I applied for multiple Intern positions so I wasnt sure).... My mistake was to accept the interview request.... I wasnt ready for it at that time.. and I was not properly informed.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on String Comparisons and checking different attributes   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview is scheduled very quickly, and I did answer all the questions, and they said the background matches, but after that no response. I think they do not like my age.
     Overall I feel I wasted too much time on Intel. I will just accept the other offer and forget about Intel. I also noticed the company moral is a bit low, probably due to layoffs, and manager keep saying needs VP to approve for hiring makes me believe that they are trying to control if not cut costing.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, all normal embedded questions which are pretty common   Answer Question

4 tecnical rounds and 1 HR

Software Engineer Interview

send my resume to the hiring manager and got an one hour phone interview one month later.

Interview Questions
    • 1. how is virtual address translated to physical address?
      2. how to avoid conflict when two thread are trying to access one resource?
      3. how to debug memory leak?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2013.

Submit CV after 4 months long wait. Finally got HR's email says I am best fit and HM is very interesting on me. HM is gonna talk to me in following days. But both HR and HM are quiet another month and ask immediate talk.

Interview Questions
    • HR phone screen is nice, HM politely reviewed my skill and ask some experiences, he said couple times I am best fit in several candidate screen. 3rd interview set by foreign born technical guy with accent. Nothing difficult, but he focused on many trivial questions, rude and frequently cut-off my answers. Most are chipset spec questions. This interview was very odd, he seemed mostly interested in demonstrating his own expertise in how familiar with chipset registers offset and bits function. I know these chipset features, but I didn't memorize it prior this interview. Those register bits are not notable and no need to recite everyday. Just open spec to get it in seconds.
      He questioned me many times, why I cannot memorize these registers address, it is very important blah blah blah.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Entered resume in jobs online. Called by manager and phone screened. General questions about work experience. Brought onsite to speak with one lead architect, three senior engineers, one junior engineer, and the manager. Most talked about previous work experience. One very technical interview.