Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online and it took about two months to actually get called back. Once I got called back though, the process went very quickly! First, I was contacted for a phone screening that was pretty straightforward with a few behavioral questions and technical questions that felt like they were read off of a paper. After passing the phone screening I was contacted two days later with a second more technical phone screening. It also had a few behavioral questions and a few questions that actually asked me how I would design a program. A couple days after that, I was contacted for a flight out to the Intel campus for an in person interview. The flight scheduling was really nice, Intel covered everything (flight, hotel, car rental, food). The on campus interview was rather intense, not because it was hard but because it was draining. It started at 8:00 AM and I had interviews with 9 people (mostly 1 hour, but two were half hour) ending at 5:00 PM. The on campus interviews tended to always start with a behavioral question or two, then they would lead off into technical questions. I was asked to write code on a whiteboard, locate bugs in some printed code, write code on paper, and how I would design certain solutions (sometimes with code and sometimes with just a high level overview). The Intel campus was great! It was HUGE compared to what I'm used to. The campus had three food courts (which had some good food from the lunch that was provided for me), a spa and salon, massage therapist, gym (with karate and yoga classes at the moment, but I was told more are offered), play area (ping pong tables, pool tables, air hockey tables, and what's even better is people were actually playing!), US Bank branch (not just an ATM, but actually a desk with a teller), and health center with a doctor and nurses (you know, for all the injuries programmers get from typing. Actually, you can go there for all your regular checkups).

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive Java function to reverse a String object   1 Answer
  • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work at Intel?   Answer Question
  • How would you design a web service to limit a user to 1000 transactions per hour?   Answer Question
  • If you have 8 coins and one weighs more than the others, give three algorithms with their best and worst case comparisons. Which of the three algorithms would you use? Alright, code the algorithm.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of how you dealt with a stressful situation.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of how you dealt with an angry coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate to a higher salary, but the initial offer was actually higher than I expected. When I talked about it with the recruiter, she said that the extended a larger salary than normal to be, so no negotiation took place. If you do have to negotiate though, it sounded like the recruiter will need to take your requested salary and go back to the team you're applying for to request the new salary, so it may require a few phone calls.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Difficult.. Had a lot of unexpected questions, there's not much else to say. They do try to filter out people that don't know what they're doing. Great office and great atmosphere. They recruit quite aggressively.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Applied online - got an email for setting up phone interview call. First interview call - directly with the hiring manager. Asked about past exp and resume then simple OS related questions and then some moderate level questions Second Interview call - with the team lead. Average OS related questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

It is an interview over phone call. Firstly, the interviewer introduced their teams and respect works. It is a team working on super computers. As a software team, they are doing testing in this new super computer. It works on a different OS other than Linux and Windows. Then after introduction, they ask me about my related experience in these fields.

Interview Questions

• Detailed experience in testing building new OS for a new OS.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied for a contract position here and I was interviewed by a manger who has 16 years experience at Intel, Portland. I have a experience of 5 years in the software industry and I was applying for jobs after a 2 years break in my career due to family reasons. I had worked on a startup idea and built and published an app and that was my recent experience. The manager just started off by belittling my skills and experience. His exact words were "Why did it take you so long to complete and publish this application? Wasn't there any one behind you with a stick (to beat you) while you were working on this app? ". I was horrified by the language used by the interviewer and I never followed up with them with the next steps after this experience. I was not asked many technical questions or anything about my previous experience. I don't know what was wrong with this interviewer or if any other interviewer was shadowing him, but I also found him giggling and talking while I was answering his questions. If they did not find my skills aligned to the position during the interview or if they already found another candidate for this position, there was a dignified and decent way of letting me know about it. I found an amazing opportunity with a company larger than Intel and I am very happy at my current position.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2013.

Interview

Systems software knowledge will be tested thoroughly. be familiar with x86 architecture. Be confident and truthful. Most people are friendly, very smart and warming. One of the best places to interview and to work for!

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Called up by hiring manager and enaged in an hour-long phone interview that seemed to center around all of the classes I was taking at that point. Flown out to Oregon and engaged in four separate interviews. Two of them were more software oriented. One discussed career desires, and one was mostly held because the person was asked to and had no interested in it. Technical interviews revolved around C questions, code analysis, and language theory.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a C++ world, what does the static keyword do in a normal C program.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered less yearly than I was currently making and given estimates of projected employee bonuses to compensate. Negotiator balked when I suggested that it was a lateral salary transfer because Intel was such a great place to work. Bonus expectations have yet to be met.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted on Jan 2013 telling my resume was present in their system and they would like to consider me for a Software Engineering position in the Manufacturing Department in Hillboro, OR. I took phone interviews in 2 weeks and was invited Onsite in a month after my phone interview. The interview over the phone was mainly a discussion in my resume , technical questions on the skills listen on my resume, simple array program. I was asked to coordinate with their travel agency in booking tickets and hotel. The Hotel shuttle took me to the main RA1 campus. I checked in, got my guest badge and was escorted to the interview room by a representative. I had 4 rounds of interviews with 3 to 2 people every time. Met 9 different people over all and also continued over a lunch discussion. I was asked behavioural questions most of the time and some technical questions like writing a piece of code on Paper. Mostly objective questions were asked based on the concepts I listed on my resume. I got a reply the immidiate evening telling I have a good feedback and will be let known next week about the next step in the process. Next week I was told offer has been initiated and was asked to provide my Visa, Employment History details. And by the end of that week I was told I have got an offer and would be contacted soon

Interview Questions

• I was asked some simple puzzle questions too. Like river crossing one and also how to measure 4 quarts with 3 and 5 quart mugs in hand. Some mathematical type puzzle questions simple ones. I stumbled upon a very simple array sort and merge as on concentrating on tough questions I couldn't solve a very simple question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Will update soon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Applied through Intel's website...... After a few weeks was contacted by the Hiring Manager...The Manager of the group where I applied.... Asked me questions regarding my CV.... asked about few projects that I had on my CV... then some behavioral questions...but no technical questions... Then informed me that I will have 1 or 2 technical interviews..... The only problem I had with the procedure was that one of the interviewer send me an email without explicitly telling me that it is the same position I already had my pre-technical interview and asked me for sometime on the same day.... I took it as a pre-technical interview of another position... (as I applied for multiple Intern positions so I wasnt sure).... My mistake was to accept the interview request.... I wasnt ready for it at that time.. and I was not properly informed.

Interview Questions

• Questions on String Comparisons and checking different attributes   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Entered resume in jobs online. Called by manager and phone screened. General questions about work experience. Brought onsite to speak with one lead architect, three senior engineers, one junior engineer, and the manager. Most talked about previous work experience. One very technical interview.