Intel Corporation

Updated Aug 13, 2014
23 interviews

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Systems software knowledge will be tested thoroughly. be familiar with x86 architecture. Be confident and truthful. Most people are friendly, very smart and warming. One of the best places to interview and to work for!

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Called up by hiring manager and enaged in an hour-long phone interview that seemed to center around all of the classes I was taking at that point. Flown out to Oregon and engaged in four separate interviews. Two of them were more software oriented. One discussed career desires, and one was mostly held because the person was asked to and had no interested in it.

Technical interviews revolved around C questions, code analysis, and language theory.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a C++ world, what does the static keyword do in a normal C program.   View Answer
    Offered less yearly than I was currently making and given estimates of projected employee bonuses to compensate. Negotiator balked when I suggested that it was a lateral salary transfer because Intel was such a great place to work.

Bonus expectations have yet to be met.

Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

It is an interview over phone call. Firstly, the interviewer introduced their teams and respect works. It is a team working on super computers. As a software team, they are doing testing in this new super computer. It works on a different OS other than Linux and Windows. Then after introduction, they ask me about my related experience in these fields.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed experience in testing building new OS for a new OS.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I applied for a contract position here and I was interviewed by a manger who has 16 years experience at Intel, Portland. I have a experience of 5 years in the software industry and I was applying for jobs after a 2 years break in my career due to family reasons. I had worked on a startup idea and built and published an app and that was my recent experience. The manager just started off by belittling my skills and experience. His exact words were "Why did it take you so long to complete and publish this application? Wasn't there any one behind you with a stick (to beat you) while you were working on this app? ". I was horrified by the language used by the interviewer and I never followed up with them with the next steps after this experience. I was not asked many technical questions or anything about my previous experience. I don't know what was wrong with this interviewer or if any other interviewer was shadowing him, but I also found him giggling and talking while I was answering his questions. If they did not find my skills aligned to the position during the interview or if they already found another candidate for this position, there was a dignified and decent way of letting me know about it. I found an amazing opportunity with a company larger than Intel and I am very happy at my current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

It really depends on the team you interview with. Generally we hire folks as contractors and then if they work out we try to bring them on as full time. A phone interview to screen and then an in person interview if things go well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

I was contacted on Jan 2013 telling my resume was present in their system and they would like to consider me for a Software Engineering position in the Manufacturing Department in Hillboro, OR. I took phone interviews in 2 weeks and was invited Onsite in a month after my phone interview. The interview over the phone was mainly a discussion in my resume , technical questions on the skills listen on my resume, simple array program. I was asked to coordinate with their travel agency in booking tickets and hotel. The Hotel shuttle took me to the main RA1 campus. I checked in, got my guest badge and was escorted to the interview room by a representative. I had 4 rounds of interviews with 3 to 2 people every time. Met 9 different people over all and also continued over a lunch discussion. I was asked behavioural questions most of the time and some technical questions like writing a piece of code on Paper. Mostly objective questions were asked based on the concepts I listed on my resume. I got a reply the immidiate evening telling I have a good feedback and will be let known next week about the next step in the process. Next week I was told offer has been initiated and was asked to provide my Visa, Employment History details. And by the end of that week I was told I have got an offer and would be contacted soon

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some simple puzzle questions too. Like river crossing one and also how to measure 4 quarts with 3 and 5 quart mugs in hand. Some mathematical type puzzle questions simple ones. I stumbled upon a very simple array sort and merge as on concentrating on tough questions I couldn't solve a very simple question.   Answer Question
    Will update soon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2009.

Contacted for phone interview, had to answer specific questions about previous experience

Interview Questions
    • I had an unexcepected C question regarding stack sorting   Answer Question
    Did not negotiative as my company was laying off

Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied through Intel's website...... After a few weeks was contacted by the Hiring Manager...The Manager of the group where I applied.... Asked me questions regarding my CV.... asked about few projects that I had on my CV... then some behavioral questions...but no technical questions... Then informed me that I will have 1 or 2 technical interviews..... The only problem I had with the procedure was that one of the interviewer send me an email without explicitly telling me that it is the same position I already had my pre-technical interview and asked me for sometime on the same day.... I took it as a pre-technical interview of another position... (as I applied for multiple Intern positions so I wasnt sure).... My mistake was to accept the interview request.... I wasnt ready for it at that time.. and I was not properly informed.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on String Comparisons and checking different attributes   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Entered resume in jobs online. Called by manager and phone screened. General questions about work experience. Brought onsite to speak with one lead architect, three senior engineers, one junior engineer, and the manager. Most talked about previous work experience. One very technical interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2012.

Met recruiter, who happened to be the US Intern Program Manager in the US for Intel, at a resume workshop here on MIT campus. We spoke for a bit about my resume and he told me I should apply to intern at Intel so I did. I corresponded with him over email here and there and gave him updated versions of my resume (in response to critique he gave during the resume workshop).

After a month or two he said he was ready to start the interview process and the way it worked is that he tried to match me to a group so I was supposed to interview with individual groups. The guy from the interview really liked me I guess and I only got to interview for his group, Intel Architecture Group.

Questions were very easy/standard:
    What is a class. Difference between Abstract class and Interface. What is polymorphism and why is it useful. Shallow Copy vs Deep Copy. VTables. A very simple (algorithm?) question:

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of numbers from 1 to 100 with 1 number missing, find the missing number?   View Answer
    I didn't accept yet but I think I might. Don't know whether I should negotiate $26.75 an hour. I am only a Sophomore.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!