Intel Corporation

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Hired after 45 minute phone interview only. Met my manager after orientation (about a half day thing)

Interview Question – No trick questions, we just talked about my experience with the technologies the team was currently using and how my skill set could help the team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary range, they gave me 3 cents per hour under my low..

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – One phone interview. The interviewer had a fairly thick Indian accent (which was to be expected). She asked me a few C/C++-based questions (difference between malloc and calloc, etc). Then she asked how to swap the values in two registers without using a third register. I would just study basic interviewing questions. Not too bad.

Interview Question – Swap values between two registers without using a third register.   View Answer

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I got call from Hiring Manager for interview , there were total of 4 interviews all telephonic by different people from different location.
first interview was behavioral by hiring manager , most of the questions were about my previous experience , mostly on the work i done and projects i worked on , then some related to my academic project and research work, no specific question but general descriptive, and then at the end why this company related few question.
second was with 3 senior members , i think 2 were senior engineer and one interviewer was of director level , mostly grilled on my projects and then specific questions on C++ and OpenGL programming and then what projects i would be interested in company if i given choice ,this was important i believe.
3rd interview was taken by junior engineer and lead , question were related to vector calculations , graphics and basic C++ programming questions.
final interview was again related to vectors and then some tricky questions on my previous work projects that how did i do (e.g. how did you actually improved performance for games - driver tweaks etc)
and then i was offered intern position for 6 months.

Interview Question – No difficult questions but expect grilling on previous work projects and academic project or research work you are doing at University   Answer Question

Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with a general e-mail to gauge my interest in a position. Scheduled an hour long phone interview with 3 different people. Questions were a combination of technical and behavioral topics.

Interview Question – How would I debug an update to a graphics driver that lead to the wrong color being displayed in a game.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standardized offer for an intern.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I got a mail directly from the project manager saying that there is a position open on his team as a software engineer intern and would like to interview me for the same. In the interview he asked me questions related to C programming, object oriented programming and RTOS. I felt the question were very specific and closely related to the position.

Interview Question – It was a telephonic interview and he asked me to write a small code and read it. The programming question was how will you identify whether a system is little endian or big endian? write a code for that.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Really easy. Mostly interpersonal questions about working with others etc. What classes I took, how I deal with conflict with employees, things I am proud of doing. Nothing too technical but I did talk about my technical experience when asked about previous accomplishments. The interview was a group of Intel reps all at one time at my university.

Interview Question – They asked me if I can focus on one thing since I do so many things at school. Not really hard just a weird question.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring manager set up a phone interview. The position was for testing. So, a lot of questions on types of testing, differences between them, realtime test cases, my experience and issues faced with testing etc... were asked. Then, a very few technical (very basic) C++ questions were asked. The interview was very simple.

Interview Question – All questions were very basic and totally answerable if you are strong on the basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and was called by the end of the day by one of the members in the intern department. He said they were on a time crunch and has six candidates left to choose from, but my resume appeared better than others and he was wondering if I had time to interview before the end of the day. Luckily I only had one more class for the day, and accepted.

The "most difficult" question I was asked (probably because I'm a freshman) was given an array of 100 numbers in order (ie 1,2,3...,99,100) with 99 unique values and 1 duplicate value, how would I find the duplicate? I answered BST and then traverse the left or right child depending on what the root node was. He then asked me the big-Oh of it which is logn. I got a call from the original contact at Intel asking me to join them for the summer about twenty minutes after the phone interview.

Got an email the following week for me to consent to a background check and then the week after that I was formally given an offer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I receive full benefits, free

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews back-to-back, each about hour long. One General/Technical interview by manager, followed by technical interview and then HR.

Interview Question – No unexpected question.   View Answer

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume at intel.com/jobs. I got an email about a week later setting up a phone interview. My interview was scheduled for an hour but one of the manager's couldn't make it so it was only about 30 minutes. He asked me a few questions about data structures mostly and times when I've worked on a team and how I would have improved that experience. I was told they would get back to me with the decision. A couple days later I got an email to set up a phone interview. They set my start date to about a month later, and I began packing.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you have worked with someone you didn't like and how you would act differently if that happened again?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the offer was excellent for an internship

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Software Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.