Intel Corporation Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Hired from college as intern. Converted after Internship.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I was asked about hardware and embedded experience, I was given some logical scenarios and had to show my skills with logical to physical I/O.

Interview Questions

• Diagram a logical to physical tape backup system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, salary offered was great.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied on Intel website. Was called by hiring manager for a brief interview to know the interests. Followed up a few days later with a more detailed interview with questions from behavioral to past experiences to technical. On site interview 2 weeks later where the team went over technical i.e. C/C++/UML/OOPS/Hardware etc. Got offer but rejected due to the package.

Interview Questions

• What do u know about virtual Memory and how do u implement it.   1 Answer

Package not competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with 6 different people all of which would be future teammates. These people met with me one after the other. As one interview finished the next person walked in. The interview was in person. I was flown out to the interview job site and catered the entire time. Hotel was paid for. Car was paid for. All of the works.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a friend doing something illegal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager phone screen, on-site interview arranged for 2 weeks later, all day interview session with hiring manager, peer team members, and cross discipline functions. Mix of technical questions and behavioral questions. Friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Most fun question: design a state machine for a vending machine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes - able to negotiate salary and start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I interned here while pursuing my Master's study. Internship was for 3 months and was given the task to design several perl based tools. I excelled at those and was directly given a full time position after graduation... My internship was my interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this group?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was too excited to negotiate!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a dayl ong Face to Face interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had only one interview with both behavioral and technical questions. At the end I had a written test with Intermediate to advance cases related Windows and Linux OS'es. Also, IIS questions were asked. In general it was a little tricky but if you have experience supporting a virtual infrastructure, web servers (IIS) and know commands from a command line on both Windows and Linux, you can make it. Having an automation mindset is of great help as well and will get you through.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to automation efforts within the organization?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2010.

Interview

I applied and was called in for the interview. They asked questions, I answered.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bangalore (India)) in October 2008.

Interview

1. Most of the rotations happens internally 2. Campus hires are best to get inside Intel 3. Post the resume in Intel job site, response may not be immediate but they still go back when there's an opening

Interview Questions

• Intel has a behavioual round which is taken very seriously   Answer Question