Intel Corporation

3.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Intel got in touch with me through email after they had seen my resume which I gave them through a career fair. I later sent them an updated resume and filled out a questionnaire they gave me. This led to an initial phone screening the week later. The same week they setup an onsite interview for me and asked me to fill out an application online. The interview was setup for the week after, and they booked a hotel room for me for two nights. The interview consisted of several one on one interviews, along with a tour and lunch. It basically lasted for the whole workday. Technical questions were asked throughout the interviews: a circuits problem, conversion from hexadecimal to binary, logic truth tables, and a brain teaser. Knowledge of using specific equipment was also asked. One interview was more behavior based. Overall I enjoyed my time meeting with the people there and learning about what they do. They were very hospitable.

Interview Questions
  • Conversion from hexadecimal to binary.
    The brain teaser: You have two cups, one that can hold up to 5 quartz of water and the other 3 quartz. Get me to 4 quartz of water.
      View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Divide by 2 frequency circuit ? Mux using nand gates only !
    1)logic design 2) computer architecture 3) validation 4) software
    More question to teset how well you understand the circuit from system level ,Buses , inter connect

Interview Questions
    • How is os behavioral simulate in Pre silicon verification ?
      How would Debug and verify your USB ?
      FSM machine for Traffic light controller for 4 way road !
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

The initial communication was a phone call from an HR rep to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was set up for the next day and it lasted about 45 minutes. It was mainly the hiring manager selling the job to me. After the phone screen, an on-site interview was set up for the next week. The interview was set up with 7 people for one-on-one interviews which all lasted 30-45 minutes each. There was also a lunch which served as an additional interview. The interview questions were all very technical. Many of the questions were on subjects that were not directly related with the job that was described to me. After the interviews, the hiring manager and HR rep were very hard to get in contact with. I thought I wasn't going to get an offer given the cold shoulder I seemed to be getting. However, 3 weeks later I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The only things that were somewhat difficult is when I was asked detailed questions about computer architecture concepts I had little experience with. For example, I was asked to explain out-of-order instruction execution. This is something I am familiar with at a high level, but have never had direct experience with, and in fact, it wasn't a direct requirement for the job. Overall, the interviewers were just asking me questions about their area of expertise even though expertise in that area wasn't required for the job I interviewed for. I found this a bit strange.   Answer Question
    I felt my offer was good. That said, never hesitate to negotiate anything. They won't withdraw an offer if you ask for a little something more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually. I was asked my programming experience and why i would use certain programming languages for certain projects. Really this is not a normal process from what I've heard.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how to tell if a number was even or odd based on binary. This was by no means a hard question. I simply said check the LSB, least significant bit, for being a 1 or 0. This must have been enough, or maybe i answered with enough confidence, because the next question was what languages do you know.   View Answer
    As an intern i was expecting $15-$18 but was surprised when they offered $25.00. This also include benefits such as dental, health insurance, etc. I did not negotiate and i don't recommend you doing so in this position because they are on strict orders not to budge.

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview:
    Computer Architecture, basic logic design and that's it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

A decent interview procedure. I was asked certain technical questions and some usual interview questions. There is a follow up on my resume as well. The phone interview lasts for about 20 minutes. Started with the usual "tell me about yourself" and the proceed to the technical part. The technical part is kinda hard and therefore, its better to prepare a lot beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a manager that dislikes you at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2009.

The intel interview process usually starts with a phone-screen, where you are asked basic computer architecture questions and your thoughts on how to test the functions of a piece of silicon.
    For example, how would you test an ALU?
    After a positive phone interview, you will likely be flown on-site to the location where you will be working.
    The interview typically lasts 4-6hrs including lunch. You will be interviewed by 4-5 people, and will get to casually chat with the people you eat lunch with.
    Typically your interview will consist of the following topics:

Introduction / Tell me about yourself
    Computer Architecture / Intel System Architecture
    Software
    Behavioral

The interviewers at Intel aren't looking that you get every answer right, they are looking to see if you can learn, are willing to learn, and what your attitude towards other people are.
    The office environment really depends on the teams that you join in to.
    One team may be very interactive - people dropping into your cube and chatting, or completely hands off, where everyone emails or IMs you or leaves you to your own devices.

As a System Validation Engineer you're expected to get the job done, your time is flexible and granted, as long as you meet your deliverables.

Interview Questions
    • During the behavioral portion of an interview, I was asked how would I deal with a room-mate who didn't pay rent on time, or stopped paying rent altogether?   View Answer
    An offer letter is delivered. Room for negotiation is there in the base salary, and I advise to negotiate hard up front, as the raise/promotion period in April may not yield satisfactory results even if you have been working really hard that year.

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Submitted resume through employee referral

No negotiation possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Initial communication was over e-mails. Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was required to set up my profile on their website and asked to plan a visit for an on-site interview. Had a day-long interview with 6 people back-to-back. Mostly questions about my past positions. A few technical questions, a programming questions and a brain teaser

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview had part HR and part technical questions. Technical part had both programming as well as Hardware related questions but these were only to judge the area of expertise. On site had 6 rounds of 1 hour each including one complete HR and a group lunch interview. One round on computer architecture, one on hardware components, one programming, one OS concepts. Some had logic and HR questions towards the end.

Interview Questions

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!