Intel Corporation Systems Validation Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

The intel interview process usually starts with a phone-screen, where you are asked basic computer architecture questions and your thoughts on how to test the functions of a piece of silicon. For example, how would you test an ALU? After a positive phone interview, you will likely be flown on-site to the location where you will be working. The interview typically lasts 4-6hrs including lunch. You will be interviewed by 4-5 people, and will get to casually chat with the people you eat lunch with. Typically your interview will consist of the following topics: Introduction / Tell me about yourself Computer Architecture / Intel System Architecture Software Behavioral The interviewers at Intel aren't looking that you get every answer right, they are looking to see if you can learn, are willing to learn, and what your attitude towards other people are. The office environment really depends on the teams that you join in to. One team may be very interactive - people dropping into your cube and chatting, or completely hands off, where everyone emails or IMs you or leaves you to your own devices. As a System Validation Engineer you're expected to get the job done, your time is flexible and granted, as long as you meet your deliverables.

Interview Questions

• During the behavioral portion of an interview, I was asked how would I deal with a room-mate who didn't pay rent on time, or stopped paying rent altogether?   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer letter is delivered. Room for negotiation is there in the base salary, and I advise to negotiate hard up front, as the raise/promotion period in April may not yield satisfactory results even if you have been working really hard that year.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

interview process three weeks. first round was phone interview. after one week they called for on-site interview. they asked pretty much basic questions. it had 6 interviews with different members of the team. they asked about projects and little bit of PERL coding and C++. They gave me the offer letter one week after on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about CMOS, Noise Margin, PERL regular expressions.   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview: Computer Architecture, basic logic design and that's it.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

The initial communication was a phone call from an HR rep to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was set up for the next day and it lasted about 45 minutes. It was mainly the hiring manager selling the job to me. After the phone screen, an on-site interview was set up for the next week. The interview was set up with 7 people for one-on-one interviews which all lasted 30-45 minutes each. There was also a lunch which served as an additional interview. The interview questions were all very technical. Many of the questions were on subjects that were not directly related with the job that was described to me. After the interviews, the hiring manager and HR rep were very hard to get in contact with. I thought I wasn't going to get an offer given the cold shoulder I seemed to be getting. However, 3 weeks later I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• The only things that were somewhat difficult is when I was asked detailed questions about computer architecture concepts I had little experience with. For example, I was asked to explain out-of-order instruction execution. This is something I am familiar with at a high level, but have never had direct experience with, and in fact, it wasn't a direct requirement for the job. Overall, the interviewers were just asking me questions about their area of expertise even though expertise in that area wasn't required for the job I interviewed for. I found this a bit strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt my offer was good. That said, never hesitate to negotiate anything. They won't withdraw an offer if you ask for a little something more.

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bangalore (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

it was a pretty relaxed interview process. I was asked certain analytical questions and then questions on things I had indicated as my strong points in my resume. Thereafter there was a quick communication on the phone with another person and i was extended the offer

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

New Grad Hire : A hiring manager got in contact with me about my resume in November/Early December. Around February/March I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. Interview questions on the phone interview were pretty basic. After passing the phone interview, I was offered an on-site interview. Intel paid for all expenses, I opted not to fly since I lived a few hours drive away The onsite interview was grueling, 9 to 4 or so, back to back 1 hour 1:1 interviews with a lunch with a manager and employee. Some technical, some brain teasers, some behavioral, some conversational. I think the general purpose of the interview is to see how you think and learn -- be sure to think out loud as much as possible. There were repeat questions, I think this was to see if you retained information if you got help earlier on with a question. I got everyone's email who interviewed with me that day from the hiring manger, and sent them all a quick personalized email about what we talked about in the interviews and thanked them for the time -- no idea if it helped my chances, but did it because I genuinely liked talking with the engineers there. I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen: - When and how do you define a global in C? - How many hex digits in a byte?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually. I was asked my programming experience and why i would use certain programming languages for certain projects. Really this is not a normal process from what I've heard.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how to tell if a number was even or odd based on binary. This was by no means a hard question. I simply said check the LSB, least significant bit, for being a 1 or 0. This must have been enough, or maybe i answered with enough confidence, because the next question was what languages do you know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As an intern i was expecting $15-$18 but was surprised when they offered $25.00. This also include benefits such as dental, health insurance, etc. I did not negotiate and i don't recommend you doing so in this position because they are on strict orders not to budge.

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Submitted resume through employee referral

Negotiation

No negotiation possible