Intel Corporation

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Systems Validation Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through employee referral

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually. I was asked my programming experience and why i would use certain programming languages for certain projects. Really this is not a normal process from what I've heard.

Interview Question – I was asked how to tell if a number was even or odd based on binary. This was by no means a hard question. I simply said check the LSB, least significant bit, for being a 1 or 0. This must have been enough, or maybe i answered with enough confidence, because the next question was what languages do you know.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As an intern i was expecting $15-$18 but was surprised when they offered $25.00. This also include benefits such as dental, health insurance, etc. I did not negotiate and i don't recommend you doing so in this position because they are on strict orders not to budge.

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was over e-mails. Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was required to set up my profile on their website and asked to plan a visit for an on-site interview. Had a day-long interview with 6 people back-to-back. Mostly questions about my past positions. A few technical questions, a programming questions and a brain teaser

Interview Question – Draw the diagram of a SoC.   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Divide by 2 frequency circuit ? Mux using nand gates only !
1)logic design 2) computer architecture 3) validation 4) software
More question to teset how well you understand the circuit from system level ,Buses , inter connect

Interview Question – How is os behavioral simulate in Pre silicon verification ?
How would Debug and verify your USB ?
FSM machine for Traffic light controller for 4 way road !
  Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – The initial communication was a phone call from an HR rep to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was set up for the next day and it lasted about 45 minutes. It was mainly the hiring manager selling the job to me. After the phone screen, an on-site interview was set up for the next week. The interview was set up with 7 people for one-on-one interviews which all lasted 30-45 minutes each. There was also a lunch which served as an additional interview. The interview questions were all very technical. Many of the questions were on subjects that were not directly related with the job that was described to me. After the interviews, the hiring manager and HR rep were very hard to get in contact with. I thought I wasn't going to get an offer given the cold shoulder I seemed to be getting. However, 3 weeks later I was given an offer.

Interview Question – The only things that were somewhat difficult is when I was asked detailed questions about computer architecture concepts I had little experience with. For example, I was asked to explain out-of-order instruction execution. This is something I am familiar with at a high level, but have never had direct experience with, and in fact, it wasn't a direct requirement for the job. Overall, the interviewers were just asking me questions about their area of expertise even though expertise in that area wasn't required for the job I interviewed for. I found this a bit strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I felt my offer was good. That said, never hesitate to negotiate anything. They won't withdraw an offer if you ask for a little something more.

Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – A decent interview procedure. I was asked certain technical questions and some usual interview questions. There is a follow up on my resume as well. The phone interview lasts for about 20 minutes. Started with the usual "tell me about yourself" and the proceed to the technical part. The technical part is kinda hard and therefore, its better to prepare a lot beforehand.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a manager that dislikes you at work?   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview:
Computer Architecture, basic logic design and that's it.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – it was a pretty relaxed interview process. I was asked certain analytical questions and then questions on things I had indicated as my strong points in my resume. Thereafter there was a quick communication on the phone with another person and i was extended the offer

Interview Question – why dont you want to go for an MS   Answer Question

Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview had part HR and part technical questions. Technical part had both programming as well as Hardware related questions but these were only to judge the area of expertise. On site had 6 rounds of 1 hour each including one complete HR and a group lunch interview. One round on computer architecture, one on hardware components, one programming, one OS concepts. Some had logic and HR questions towards the end.

Interview Question – OS concepts, BIOS, graphics technologies etc   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – First, apply online for a million jobs
Second, get maybe one phone call for a job you kindof wanted, they ask a few questions and if all goes well you get another call about an onsite.
Third, they will pay you go fly out there, I didn't have to since I lived close by, they do the round robin 1:1 interviews for about 5 hours
Fourth, you email them every two weeks until they finally tell you that someone else got the job two weeks ago.

Interview Question – You have 8 pennies, 7 weight the same, one weighs less. you also have a judges scale. Find the one that weighs less in less than 3 steps.   View Answers (13)

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!