Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Systems Validation Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2010.

First, apply online for a million jobs
Second, get maybe one phone call for a job you kindof wanted, they ask a few questions and if all goes well you get another call about an onsite.
Third, they will pay you go fly out there, I didn't have to since I lived close by, they do the round robin 1:1 interviews for about 5 hours
Fourth, you email them every two weeks until they finally tell you that someone else got the job two weeks ago.

Interview Questions
  • You have 8 pennies, 7 weight the same, one weighs less. you also have a judges scale. Find the one that weighs less in less than 3 steps.   View Answers (13)

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

it was a pretty relaxed interview process. I was asked certain analytical questions and then questions on things I had indicated as my strong points in my resume. Thereafter there was a quick communication on the phone with another person and i was extended the offer

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

I was very impressed with the interview..It was very organised..There were 2 sections..Computer Science and Computer Hardware..I did the Computer Hardware section well but could not answer the other section as it was not my field..I was asked questions in Java and on C

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview had part HR and part technical questions. Technical part had both programming as well as Hardware related questions but these were only to judge the area of expertise. On site had 6 rounds of 1 hour each including one complete HR and a group lunch interview. One round on computer architecture, one on hardware components, one programming, one OS concepts. Some had logic and HR questions towards the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Initial communication was over e-mails. Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was required to set up my profile on their website and asked to plan a visit for an on-site interview. Had a day-long interview with 6 people back-to-back. Mostly questions about my past positions. A few technical questions, a programming questions and a brain teaser

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Submitted resume through employee referral

No negotiation possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2009.

The intel interview process usually starts with a phone-screen, where you are asked basic computer architecture questions and your thoughts on how to test the functions of a piece of silicon.
    For example, how would you test an ALU?
    After a positive phone interview, you will likely be flown on-site to the location where you will be working.
    The interview typically lasts 4-6hrs including lunch. You will be interviewed by 4-5 people, and will get to casually chat with the people you eat lunch with.
    Typically your interview will consist of the following topics:

Introduction / Tell me about yourself
    Computer Architecture / Intel System Architecture
    Software
    Behavioral

The interviewers at Intel aren't looking that you get every answer right, they are looking to see if you can learn, are willing to learn, and what your attitude towards other people are.
    The office environment really depends on the teams that you join in to.
    One team may be very interactive - people dropping into your cube and chatting, or completely hands off, where everyone emails or IMs you or leaves you to your own devices.

As a System Validation Engineer you're expected to get the job done, your time is flexible and granted, as long as you meet your deliverables.

Interview Questions
    • During the behavioral portion of an interview, I was asked how would I deal with a room-mate who didn't pay rent on time, or stopped paying rent altogether?   View Answer
    An offer letter is delivered. Room for negotiation is there in the base salary, and I advise to negotiate hard up front, as the raise/promotion period in April may not yield satisfactory results even if you have been working really hard that year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

A decent interview procedure. I was asked certain technical questions and some usual interview questions. There is a follow up on my resume as well. The phone interview lasts for about 20 minutes. Started with the usual "tell me about yourself" and the proceed to the technical part. The technical part is kinda hard and therefore, its better to prepare a lot beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a manager that dislikes you at work?   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview:
    Computer Architecture, basic logic design and that's it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually. I was asked my programming experience and why i would use certain programming languages for certain projects. Really this is not a normal process from what I've heard.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how to tell if a number was even or odd based on binary. This was by no means a hard question. I simply said check the LSB, least significant bit, for being a 1 or 0. This must have been enough, or maybe i answered with enough confidence, because the next question was what languages do you know.   View Answer
    As an intern i was expecting $15-$18 but was surprised when they offered $25.00. This also include benefits such as dental, health insurance, etc. I did not negotiate and i don't recommend you doing so in this position because they are on strict orders not to budge.