Intel Corporation

3.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2009.

The intel interview process usually starts with a phone-screen, where you are asked basic computer architecture questions and your thoughts on how to test the functions of a piece of silicon.
For example, how would you test an ALU?
After a positive phone interview, you will likely be flown on-site to the location where you will be working.
The interview typically lasts 4-6hrs including lunch. You will be interviewed by 4-5 people, and will get to casually chat with the people you eat lunch with.
Typically your interview will consist of the following topics:

Introduction / Tell me about yourself
Computer Architecture / Intel System Architecture
Software
Behavioral

The interviewers at Intel aren't looking that you get every answer right, they are looking to see if you can learn, are willing to learn, and what your attitude towards other people are.
The office environment really depends on the teams that you join in to.
One team may be very interactive - people dropping into your cube and chatting, or completely hands off, where everyone emails or IMs you or leaves you to your own devices.

As a System Validation Engineer you're expected to get the job done, your time is flexible and granted, as long as you meet your deliverables.

Interview Questions
  • During the behavioral portion of an interview, I was asked how would I deal with a room-mate who didn't pay rent on time, or stopped paying rent altogether?   View Answer
An offer letter is delivered. Room for negotiation is there in the base salary, and I advise to negotiate hard up front, as the raise/promotion period in April may not yield satisfactory results even if you have been working really hard that year.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

I was very impressed with the interview..It was very organised..There were 2 sections..Computer Science and Computer Hardware..I did the Computer Hardware section well but could not answer the other section as it was not my field..I was asked questions in Java and on C

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

it was a pretty relaxed interview process. I was asked certain analytical questions and then questions on things I had indicated as my strong points in my resume. Thereafter there was a quick communication on the phone with another person and i was extended the offer