Intelius Interview Questions

3.5

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intelius.

Applied through their website, got a screening call from one of the engineer. It went well, they invited for onsite. Still didn't hear back anything from recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intelius.

Was contacted by an internal recruiter about a job opportunity, asked a few questions and was able to get most of the answers but some of them very kind of vague, enough to continue to the phone interview. It was a bout an hour long and questions ranged from what I've done in the past and narrowed down to very specific knowledge areas such as SQL, OO, HTML/CSS and JavaScript. I would say it wasn't hard but some questions caught me off guard and you could tell the person on the other end knew his stuff and giving him a general answer would be a bad idea.

For in-house interview it was basically an all day affair w/ lunch provided. I was interviewed by several developers from various teams and disciplines. It was explained to me that there were several openings and the interview process is setup to see which one best matched my skills. The questions involved a white board and most of them were problem solving or pseudo code type questions involving PHP, MySQL, JavaScript and general OO knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions I struggled with was a burning rope problem, not sure how it tested my programming skills, but it sure put me on the spot. and made me sweat it out. It goes something like this:

There are two ropes, each rope takes 1 hour to burn. But either rope has different densities at different points, so there’s no guarantee of consistency in the time it takes different sections within the rope to burn.

How do you use these two ropes to measure 45 minutes?
        Answer Question

Another opportunity appealed to me more.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intelius in March 2010.

I was contacted by someone from HR for a phone interview with the team leader, which lasted about an hour. The HR person contacted me a few days later to schedule a group, panel, and 1:1 interviews with the team and team leader. I was not contacted by HR until several days and emails after the decision date; a negative end to a mostly positive process. I got the distinct impression that the HR representative had little or no experience with the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question regarding SQL queries - I can't recall the details.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intelius in April 2009.

Process went smooth. Phone interview for 30 minutes and then on site interview after a few days. I got the offer the same day.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intelius in June 2010.

I simply posted my resume on Monster.com and I got tonnes of calls and emails from recruiters. There was this one recruiter who didn't even bother asking me to meet him at his office, he simply took my resume and submitted me to them. He soon got back to me and set a phone screen, which was pretty easy and not much technical questions were asked.

The in house interview was amazing though. I had interviews with two groups of developers (my hiring manager was in the first).. They were very technical but not too technical. Lots of ajax questions and jQuery questions. When I was done I met with the co-founder and he said that everything he heard was positive about me and that he cut the interview process short and offered me the job. I said I'll think about it. Even though I already had another job offer by the time I entered their office.. I eventually chose to pick them. I was thoroughly impressed by their interview process and their environment that it didn't take me long to accept their offer.

Interview Questions
    • How can you make a forum on a youtube video page dynamically update posts made by other people   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intelius in February 2012.

Interview went smooth. Recruiter called for screening. Technical was scheduled instantly. After that another round of technical and then onsite. Onsite consisted of questions on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • Pull out all the legal dictionary words from a jumbled string. Store them in Hashmap and then retrieve them. After retrieving put escape characters after 5 words.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intelius in June 2009.

Process went smooth without long waits. Phone interview was simple, in-person interview was mostly about algorithms, data structures, web technology basics, coding and problem solving one afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • Given an expression (math equation like (2+3*4) evaluate it using appropriate data structures.   View Answers (2)
    Be careful while negotiation. They try to buy cheap and don't give decent salary raises or bonus. Only vain promises.

Worked for Intelius? Contribute to the Community!