Intelligent Software Solutions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intelligent Software Solutions

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intelligent Software Solutions.

I interview at the school I was attending just before graduation. Was pretty relaxed. There were 3 interviewers asked a few personal questions mostly technical questions. I was taken out to eat to discuss the position in more detail after the initial interview. Great thing about it is I actually work with all 3 of the interviewers now.

Interview Questions
    • Your typical whats the one thing you struggled with and how you over came it.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my salary up about 8k from what they originally offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intelligent Software Solutions in March 2014.

Met them at a college career fair; they were prompt in replying and had a technical phone interview within the week. After, I was asked to do a 2 hour interview with 4 different people on site. Mostly technical, although they asked questions about personality too.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. They were java questions, and if you don't know it, then you don't know it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intelligent Software Solutions.

Resumes must be submitted to HR who screens candidates.
    After talking with HR I was contacted by a hiring manager who performed a phone screen. The questions were mostly about my resume and my experience. Few were technical in nature.
    After the phone interview I was brought in for a panel interview. It was a long day I had 4 interviews each 30 minutes long. Those interviews were highly technical, some were coding samples others were theoretical and they grilled me on aspects of JAVA, Databases and software engineering in general.

Interview Questions
    • I never care for the "tell me one time you failed" question, just never feels like there is a good answer.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intelligent Software Solutions in August 2010.

There was no interview process because they do not need anyone with skills. You punch a clock, maybe code some Java or ColdFusion, and that's it. Yet there are long hours because the code is ridiculously unmaintainable. I got hired to deploy and make some extra money. After being in the company, I realize they are simply good at exploiting the DoD contracting system.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions. This company is a joke. Recommend going somehwere else, unless you do not care about your career.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a decent salaray due to the fact that ISS was making a lot of deployment money. That money is running out.

Sys Administrative/Integrator Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intelligent Software Solutions in March 2012.

After an initial phone interview/screening, I was called in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview included one-on-one interviews with the functional manager, the team lead, and a director, then a discussion with the recruiter about benefits, expected salary, etc. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely friendly and professional. The manager and lead asked me questions about how I would handle various situations and asked for examples of how I have done things in the past. This included technical examples and people handling situations. It was NOT one of those interviews where they grill you with specific technical questions until you think your brain will fall out. I did not receive an offer, but I thought the interview process was a positive experience. I've worked on teams with people from ISS and I know that it's a really good company to work for with excellent benefits. This can make it difficult to get hired, but they have a reputation for only hiring the best people.
    I'm not sure that I can give good recommendations on how to get hired (since I didn't), but I figure either they found someone who had a better skill set or maybe I was just too candid about my strengths and weaknesses and needed to have a more professional demeanor.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intelligent Software Solutions in October 2009.

The HR staff that set up the interview was very nice and professional. She followed up with each message and was extremely helpful through out the entire process. There was an initial pre-screening type phone interview followed by an in-house interview. The in-house interview was extremely thorough. I was first introduced to one of the founders of the company. I was then interviewed by about 4 different engineers. They were very detailed and it was obvious that the engineers are top notch in their field. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few very advanced Java programming related questions.   Answer Question