Intelsat

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Video Operations Technician Interview

Senior Video Operations Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intelsat in March 2010.

Interview Details – For new candidates, hired out of school, the company first conducted short phone interviews lasting 30-60 minutes. The phone interview had representatives from all the various departments within the company. After the phone interview, the applicants that made it to the next level of interviewing were flown from the school location to the main technical HQ in Atlanta, GA. Multiple interviews were conducted with various departments. Each interview was tailored to the department specific requirements, e.g. video= video related, RF= RF related, data=data related. All departments, however, had basic questions regarding basic RF propagation.

Interview Question – For a school graduate, the most difficult question was to describe EIRP in the proper context. As it was relatively an abstract concept as there was no way to properly measure EIRP in the classroom environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recuiter showed up with the offer letter. Being new to the idea of offer letters. All the students basically accepted unless they wanted to go to a different company. My advice would be to negotiate a little more.

Network Operations Tech Interview

Network Operations Tech
Ellenwood, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intelsat in September 2013.

Interview Details – After responding to an email from them to set up a time and date for a phone interview, you will get a call from the department manager. If you pass that, you will get a phone call for a face to face group interview. During that interview they read from a prepared list of questions and apparently score you from your answers. Although you will not see how they score you it will determine if you move to the next level, the job.

Interview Question – How did you handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intelsat in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process was initially questioning via email, then a phone interview and finally a skype interview, as I lived out of market. It was a pretty standard hiring process - HR contact, two interviews with hiring managers (manager and supervisor), then back to HR. The offer and acceptance were handled via Fed Ex. and start date was negotiated with the supervisor over the phone.

Interview Question – There were several specific questions regarding provisioning video services and my experience with it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company was very upfront about the pay and benefit package. There wasn't much negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Satellite Controller Interview

Satellite Controller
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intelsat in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a very lengthy and interesting process. It began with an online form and then moved onto a phone interview. After that, they continued onto a three day long process of combined group interviews as well as one on one interviews. Many standard interview questions were asked such as what are your strengths and weaknesses? As well as how would you describe yourself in one word? Overall, it was a very satisfactory experience.

Interview Question – What are you strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Associate Technician RF Operations Interview

Associate Technician RF Operations
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intelsat.

Interview Details – Submitted application on their website. Originally interviewed for RF Operations technician, was turned down and asked to re-interview for associate technician position. Was interviewed by 2 supervisors over the phone. Both were friendly, professional and made it as comfortable as possible. Interview lasts about an hour.

After doing a few interviews with Intelsat I can say that their interview questions are predetermined. I was even told this by the interviewers. They ask 5 questions and you give your initial answer. Then the dig deeper and try to get more out of you to see what you know. A few of the questions were technical and a few were behavioral.

You will be asked to describe and uplink and downlink flow in detail.

Interview Question – What is the process for peaking an antenna? How much isolation is required between poles?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Accepted offer from another company.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Ellenwood, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intelsat in October 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was group style with Manager, Teleport Director and top technician. Questions were detailed but appropriate to field and job duties expected.

Interview Question – Draw technical equipment path and describe signal at each device.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. There is a top end of available funds. Typically they offer in the middle, hold your ground or ask what the top end is.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intelsat in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very impressive. I had a phone screen and then, a week or so later, an interview with my prospective manager. They responded quickly with an offer and were accommodating of my need for a few days to make a decision.

Interview Question – What are you looking for out of a summer internship?   Answer Question

Worked for Intelsat? Contribute to the Community!