Inter-American Development Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

Reserahc Assistant Interview

i went for an interview on july and they were great. a lot of questions but they made me feel good and secure. i really recommend this company, they are very welcoming.

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank in May 2014.

Saw the opportunity on their official website and applied online. Got contacted via email two months later. Interviewed for phone for 45 mins and got the internship two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Only a basic run-through of the resume. No behavioral question.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Interviewed with three different attorneys path of the legal area. They contacted and two days later I had the interview. For the IADB staff is really important any candidate to a position may speak at least 2 languages fluently, either English and Portuguese or Spanish.

Interview Questions
    • Could you please tell us 3 negative comments a former employes would tell about you if we call him.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank in September 2011.

Was contacted by HR to participate in a panel interview. Panel included an HR rep, 2 people from the division I was interviewing for, and a fourth invitee from a random division. This was for an environmental/social safeguards position and the questions were very standard i.e. tell us about your experience, a time when you faced a challenge etc.

Interview Questions
    • I think the detailed questions often depend upon who is on the panel. For example, one of the panelists had a background in natural resources management, and asked me about REDD--which I didnt have much experience in.   Answer Question

Defined Term Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank.

I was contacted quickly after applying to a position online. I had three interviews with three different people, two of which were by phone.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5+ months - interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank in November 2009.

One interview with a panel of six interviewers. Questions focused mainly on technical issues and previous work experience. In my case there was a strong need for a managerial and technical profile combined. The interview was in Spanish and English. The process was a bit slow as from interview to actual hire it took like 8 months.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of technical questions in wide range of subjects. There is a need for a very comprehensive knowledge in your area of expertise and a Regional focus.   Answer Question
    You negotiate with contracting officers. Salaries are determined by tabulators and there is little room for negotiation.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank in April 2010.

First, HR contacts you and you take a personality test. Then you are invited to a panel interview with 5 managers. They will ask you to go over your CV, and how can you apply what you learned to the position you are interviewing for. Some technical questions covering structured finance, such as ratios,etc.

Interview Questions
    There is not much room for negotiation, I would say 5% max.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank in April 2009.

Was working as a consultant for years before that so I had an advantage going into the interview of having worked with everyone.

Didn't negotiate but should have. Others are paid $10k more

Mid Senior Economist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank in April 2014.

Applied through website. It took 2 months from application to contact from Human Resources via email. Interview online with a panel of 4 staff members, including potential boss in charge. After the interview, I was asked to submit and example of my previous work that suited most what they were looking for. Process took other 2 months to close, didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very technical and specific about the tasks to be performed   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Officer Interview

Pretty standard. Interview HR and with 2 Senior Officers, 1 Interview with Chief Division. At the end you receive a call from HR or the Chief Division making the formal offer

Interview Questions

Worked for Inter-American Development Bank? Contribute to the Community!