Inter-American Development Bank Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 29, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel with 3-5 staff, it was an internal position so may be different for external candidates. Prepare based on resume. Panel included reps from different departments so be familiar with the organization as a whole, not just the department that you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, resume specific questions   Answer Question

Investment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

While I did not do a telephone interview, I understand that often a preliminary telephone interview is conducted by human resources. In any case, the in-person interview was in front of a multi-disciplinary panel (1 human resources person, 2 business unit managers, 1 credit officer and 1 senior investment officer).

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked in multiple languages and ranged from standard HR questions (why do you want this job?) to technical questions (explain key risks that are inherent in wind and solar projects).   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

On-line application process that will lead to a phone-interview that will finally decide if you are hired. Dates may vary and according to each department needs interns are hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with legal documents?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

interview went ok, i had a meeting with 3 lead specialists and a research adviser. They contacted me through a referral from my former job. They were impressed by all the recommendations and my resume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and got interview. Went to the office and had a interview for my internship. It was positive. They were really nice. I have a positive impression to them.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process usually involves a panel of at least one subject-matter Sr. Specialist and two other employees in the unit or sector you applied to. They can be a bit disorganized (for Consultants) but highly organized for staff, starting with an HR in depth phone call. They ask general questions on previous experiences, on specific skills needed for the particular jobs, your knowledge of the industry and your working culture (work in team, style, etc)

Interview Questions

• Experience with international clients/international work.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called in after I had a coffee with a specialist and another round of coffee with a consultant in the Division I was applying to. I was introduced to the lead specialist in the division and was scheduled for an in-person interview. I met with the lead specialist to speak about my previous experience and what I could add to the organization.

Interview Questions

• How do feed in tariffs help increase the amount of RE in the grid?   Answer Question

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

First, HR contacts you and you take a personality test. Then you are invited to a panel interview with 5 managers. They will ask you to go over your CV, and how can you apply what you learned to the position you are interviewing for. Some technical questions covering structured finance, such as ratios,etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much room for negotiation, I would say 5% max.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

One interview with a panel of six interviewers. Questions focused mainly on technical issues and previous work experience. In my case there was a strong need for a managerial and technical profile combined. The interview was in Spanish and English. The process was a bit slow as from interview to actual hire it took like 8 months.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions in wide range of subjects. There is a need for a very comprehensive knowledge in your area of expertise and a Regional focus.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You negotiate with contracting officers. Salaries are determined by tabulators and there is little room for negotiation.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

Was working as a consultant for years before that so I had an advantage going into the interview of having worked with everyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate but should have. Others are paid $10k more