InterCall

2.2

Global Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterCall in September 2014.

I had an initial phone screen with an HR person scheduled, and she never called. I call her and leave a vm. She emails later that she got pulled into a meeting (Can't shoot an email? - takes 10 seconds - disrespectful). Then we had the scree the next day. Standard initial call. Followed up by phone interview with hiring manager, which was quick and painless. Followed by an in person interview. Standard interview questions about my background, why I'm a good fit, etc. He then asked me to sell him something in his office, so I did flawlessly and he told me I did better than most candidates for this position (as I should have being that I'm highly overqualified for this position). We then joked around and talked for a few minutes, so needless to say I leave knowing I nailed it. Thank you email sent, and then no word for a week so I email him. No response. So I email the HR girl, who to this point was very friendly and professional. She emails back that they're going another direction. Still no response from hiring manager, so I kindly and respectfully sent him another email inquiring as to why I was passed over, as I thought the interview went great. Not even the courtesy of a quick email back. Disrespectful people at this company. Don't bother.

National Account Manager Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter. Then I had a phone interview with the (direct report) Manager. 3 months later I finally got a call back to have a face to face interview with Manager - in retrospect, I know understand it probably took that manager 3 months to get budget/expenses approved to travel down to do a face-to-face interview. I then had 2 face-to-face interviews within a couple of days, one with the Manager and one with both her and a senior rep.

ridiculous. They wouldn't budge from $69K to $70K. Be sure you nego what you want b/c the VP is "known" for NEVER giving a raise - period! It took 3 months to get the offer on paper after I had interviewed.

Leadership Interview

yGreat review and good chance prove your self questions andfrom all as aspect of the business..I e enjoyed meeting the peopl. I enjoyed meeting the people and e dynamic workforce.

basically i explained what i needed - the company felt that was fair

Direct Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at InterCall.

Phone interview, in person interview, offer. Pretty casual, no "gotcha" questions, hire mostly based on personality, also if they think you can learn and take direction. Meet with whichever sales managers are available at the time scheduled, pretty laid-back and informal. I didn't get the offer for a month, but one of the guys in my training class got an offer day-of for the in-person interview

It's 35, would you like it? (not flexible)

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at InterCall.

First, you receive a phone call over the phone from an HR person. This is more informal and basically a screening session to make sure you remotely qualify for the position. Next, you will be asked to do an in-person interview at the office, where they will pass you through two or three different people who will ask you standard interview questions... Why are you a good fit for this position? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How have you handled a difficult situation at a previous job or at school, etc. All extremely basic and chances are the person that is interviewing you was in your shoes less than a few years ago, so it is a very young company and there is nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. They are mostly hiring for entry level positions, so they aren't trying to stump you.   Answer Question
    First round they claimed the $30,000 base salary was non-negotiable. I've since found out different, so you can probably pull a few thousand more. I wouldn't ask for a lot more than that because they like to keep their employees on an extremely low salary when starting. There's potential to move up, but to get a significant raise, you typically have to move.

National Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterCall in December 2013.

HR reached out to me as an employee referral. Process was extremely quick. Spoke with HR over the phone, then my perspective manager over the phone before meeting in person.

Interview Questions
    • They had 2 positions that they had considered me for. I was really interested in a more technical role but they never moved forward.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate more PTO but I was told that I couldn't get that formalized, but they would be flexible.

Event Specialist Interview

easy hiring process-typing, language, and speech testing. interview with a member of the management team and process competed with employee relations

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterCall.

Phone screen and then face to face interview with hiring manager and 1 other person

I have conducted a few interviews since I have started with my manager, honestly I think he is racist because all the black people who I thought did a good job didn't get the job

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions, ask about your resume, don't say do we have to work more than 40 hours a week and I think your good   Answer Question
    Asked for at least a certain amount and they came in just a bit lower, I then rejected the offer and asked for more which they eventually came back with, but only a few thousand more. They are very cheap, start high, because they will low ball you.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterCall in July 2013.

First is the phone interview with basic get-to-know you questions. Then you're called in for an in-office interview with managers. Basic behavioral questions. Then you get your offer.

Could not negotiate salary.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterCall.

I was contacted by the senior director of IT and then spoke about my background and skills. After another round of HR interview, I had a technical round for about 45 mins the next day. I was said, that the final decision will be made by the HR and will let me know in a week. Its been around 2 weeks now and did not hear any thing about the decision. The whole process was through phone and no personal round.

Interview Questions
    • Interview seemed very positive. Not much of a tough questions.   Answer Question