InterContinental Hotels

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chandler, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in November 2009.

Interview Details – 1 interview with the Front Desk Manager followed by an interview with the Rooms Division Manager. They did a background check, drug test, and group orientation. The employer wanted to know about my education background as well as background in working in face-to-face customer service.

Interview Question – Without having any hotel experience, why would you choose a Crowne Plaza hotel as opposed to a Mariott?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little room to negotiate - there was room to gain an extra dollar per hour with experience and the right personality which would fit the present personnel.

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2010.

Interview Details – A friend recommended me. Interview process short and sweet and to the point. Offered me a job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you'd be good for this job? Do you mind working nights and weekends? Are you flexible with the schedule?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent

The process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in October 2008.

Interview Details – You have to go to Landrum Staffing and complete thier hiring process. Then bring your resume or call Crowne so see who to talk to at Landrum and they pretty much decide who to send over or not.

Interview Question – What do you know about Crowne Plaza   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was not hard at all just alot of paper work.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in September 2010.

Interview Details – I sent a resume and cover letter and they contacted me to schedule an interview. She greeted me and we chatted and I left.

Interview Question – Do you need this job?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got a better one

Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2009.

Interview Details – I walked in and applied and immediately the manager asked to interview me on the spot.

Interview Question – How would you greet a customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – She wanted to pay me $8 but I would not take anything less than $9 an hour

Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2008.

Interview Details – I took in my application and waited about three days and went back in to see if they had a chance to look over my application. I was told I would be called if I needed an interview. Three days later (again) I went in and met the manager who gave me a small interview on the spot and also set me up for a interview for the next day. I then met with the manager and the assistant manager who hired me after a short interview that consisted of basic interview questions.

My manager later told me that the main reason I was hired was because I dressed up even when coming in to see if they had seen my application. (FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE EVERYTHING!!)

Interview Question – Reasons for leaving previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My manager was very willing to work with my schedule.

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!