InterContinental Hotels Group Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Tampa, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

A friend recommended me. Interview process short and sweet and to the point. Offered me a job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you'd be good for this job? Do you mind working nights and weekends? Are you flexible with the schedule?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Chandler, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

1 interview with the Front Desk Manager followed by an interview with the Rooms Division Manager. They did a background check, drug test, and group orientation. The employer wanted to know about my education background as well as background in working in face-to-face customer service.

Interview Questions

• Without having any hotel experience, why would you choose a Crowne Plaza hotel as opposed to a Mariott?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little room to negotiate - there was room to gain an extra dollar per hour with experience and the right personality which would fit the present personnel.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in September 2010.

Interview

I sent a resume and cover letter and they contacted me to schedule an interview. She greeted me and we chatted and I left.

Got a better one

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2009.

Interview

I walked in and applied and immediately the manager asked to interview me on the spot.

She wanted to pay me $8 but I would not take anything less than $9 an hour

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in October 2008.

Interview

You have to go to Landrum Staffing and complete thier hiring process. Then bring your resume or call Crowne so see who to talk to at Landrum and they pretty much decide who to send over or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Crowne Plaza   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not hard at all just alot of paper work.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2008.

Interview

I took in my application and waited about three days and went back in to see if they had a chance to look over my application. I was told I would be called if I needed an interview. Three days later (again) I went in and met the manager who gave me a small interview on the spot and also set me up for a interview for the next day. I then met with the manager and the assistant manager who hired me after a short interview that consisted of basic interview questions.

My manager later told me that the main reason I was hired was because I dressed up even when coming in to see if they had seen my application. (FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE EVERYTHING!!)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My manager was very willing to work with my schedule.