InterContinental Hotels Group

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in April 2011.

It was a very well-handled interview. The general manager was very nice and offered me the job right then. Of course, I did have to go through a background check and drug test. Not a problem at all. Smooth sailing.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you had to break the rules in order to make the guest happy   Answer Question
Just ask for what you think you are worth.

Other Interview Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2011.

If you're studying Hospitality, the interview was done with HR first then the properties "picked" who they liked. (only one property at a time could pick you, so if you said no, then you may not get another property picking you / if you said yes, a better opportunity may have been waiting but missed out on picking you).
    Then met with managers for one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward interview questions, nothing that I wasn't prepared for. As long as you follow the STAR behavioural technique you'll be fine. Have a few generalised answers that can be moulded to suit the question.   Answer Question

Guest Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in November 2010.

Was so impressed with the FOM who interviewed me. He was very personable, professional and passionate about the hotel and his team.

Negotiate salary hard - they lowball everything.