InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.7

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Dunwoody, GA).

Interview

Someone emailed me for an in-person interview. I met with the Director, it went well and pretty casual. I just described my past experience within the industry. After that, I had a 2nd "meeting" not so much of an interview with another person on the team. Both times, it was more casual

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work education and how it can benefit this role   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate - Worst thing that will happen is they will say no..

Intern Interview

Interview

Met with a couple people and it was positive. They called me and had me come in and meet with people on the team. After they walked me through responsibilities and personality questions, they told me they would let me know if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• They asked where I wanted to be in 5 years.   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Casual and relaxed interview nearly no stress. the gm informed me that as long as i take.care of.guests and do the.night time audit paperwork i.can do watch movies all night

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

I didn't have to interview, really. I applied online and a couple days later the manager called me and asked me a little about myself (it was more like a phone screening). After that, he emailed me and said he wanted me to join them this summer for their intern program. My situation is a very rare occurrence.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Nothing really tough. Mostly program management situation questions. 2 or 3 people for an hour each. I got an offer and worked here for almost 3 years. People were friendly during the interviews.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Applied for the position, hear back about scheduling an interview a week later. The first interview was all behavioral. The second was half behavioral and half technical. Asking about different hotel revenue techniques and general M&A questions. Had to work out an excel data sheet to answer some questions. Pivot table was best method for solving this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interviews were held on one day. In total, 3 people interviewed me (individually). The hiring manager was last. Most of the questions were softballs, nothing very tough. IHG is a company that prides itself on hospitality and making people feel "at home", and this came out in the interviews. Nothing scary at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a failing project and how you handle communications of the failure(s).   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 face to face, followed up by another phone interview. General open ended questions..."What have you done with ...?" Some questions like "Explain how xyz was done previously and your role with it." All of that was during the first 2 calls and the face to face. For the 3rd call the lower level person who did not make the hiring decision kept asking very technical questions about subjects that were not relevant, technologies that were outdated, or about items that I had already stated that I was not familiar with. He kept asking the same questions just rewording them. They said they really liked me and thought I was a good fit at the face to face but then never called me back to say yes or no.

Interview Questions

• General open ended questions..."What have you done with ...?" Some questions like "Explain how xyz was done previously and your role with it." All of that was during the first 2 calls and the face to face. For the 3rd call the lower level person who did not make the hiring decision kept asking very technical questions about subjects that were not relevant, technologies that were outdated, or about items that I had already stated that I was not familiar with. He kept asking the same questions just rewording them. They said they really liked me and thought I was a good fit at the face to face but then never called me back to say yes or no.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 rounds with various managers throughout the department. Some I would be working under while others I would be working with. Everyone was friendly and approachable. Everyone was easy to get to know and helpful in answering my questions. I just got a better offer from another company.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate a site for potential hotel development?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one in person interview followed 2 months later after being asked to work with their process and they were very interested. Then we had a panel interview and IHG provided no feedback after that step.