InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

I didn't have to interview, really. I applied online and a couple days later the manager called me and asked me a little about myself (it was more like a phone screening). After that, he emailed me and said he wanted me to join them this summer for their intern program. My situation is a very rare occurrence.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Nothing really tough. Mostly program management situation questions. 2 or 3 people for an hour each. I got an offer and worked here for almost 3 years. People were friendly during the interviews.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Applied for the position, hear back about scheduling an interview a week later. The first interview was all behavioral. The second was half behavioral and half technical. Asking about different hotel revenue techniques and general M&A questions. Had to work out an excel data sheet to answer some questions. Pivot table was best method for solving this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interviews were held on one day. In total, 3 people interviewed me (individually). The hiring manager was last. Most of the questions were softballs, nothing very tough. IHG is a company that prides itself on hospitality and making people feel "at home", and this came out in the interviews. Nothing scary at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a failing project and how you handle communications of the failure(s).   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 face to face, followed up by another phone interview.
    They said they really liked me and thought I was a good fit at the face to face but then never called me back to say yes or no.

Interview Questions

• General open ended questions..."What have you done with ...?" Some questions like "Explain how xyz was done previously and your role with it." All of that was during the first 2 calls and the face to face. For the 3rd call the lower level person who did not make the hiring decision kept asking very technical questions about subjects that were not relevant, technologies that were outdated, or about items that I had already stated that I was not familiar with. He kept asking the same questions just rewording them.

Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one in person interview followed 2 months later after being asked to work with their process and they were very interested. Then we had a panel interview and IHG provided no feedback after that step.

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of days later got an email asking me to schedule an interview. I went to the office at the appointed hour and waited a couple minutes before I was sent to talk to a nice lady about why I was applying. After I was asked to take a couple test on a computer followed by a mock call situation test on a computer. After I talked to a second interviewer and after answering more questions mostly about past experience I was asked to take a call from him to reserve him a room and then I was offered the job.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled my interview. Went to IHG and had a personality test. After, I had a 1 on 1 interview with an HR rep. She asked about my background/previous job. She then gave me a skills test. Finished that and was told that I passed to get a 2nd interview. 2nd interview was a panel interview 2 on 1. Was asked to roleplay as a Customer Care Rep dealing with an angry caller. Was offered the job after passing that. I accepted and was told to wait for an e-mail to conduct the background check.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about something that you've done that you're not proud of."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, it's a CSR job.

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Went through a recruiter and spoke with one hiring manager who seemed to be having a busy day. He didn't seem to interested from the start and was only concerned with a couple of very specific quesitons/answers. He seemed a bit condescending on the interview.

Interview Questions

• This was a very specific question related to a certain type of experience with a tool that they use and I answered but I don't believe that it was the answer that the hiriing manager wanted specifically. He wasn't specific enough in his questioning and didn't account for what the total application could do so I don't think he understood.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

In this case it was more of a bid for a job as apposed to an actual interview. they asked if I was familiar with their systems and if I was able to compete the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your requested salary?
      Are you familiar with the OPERA PMS