InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.7

Strategy Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied for the position, hear back about scheduling an interview a week later. The first interview was all behavioral. The second was half behavioral and half technical. Asking about different hotel revenue techniques and general M&A questions. Had to work out an excel data sheet to answer some questions. Pivot table was best method for solving this.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

The interviews were held on one day. In total, 3 people interviewed me (individually). The hiring manager was last. Most of the questions were softballs, nothing very tough. IHG is a company that prides itself on hospitality and making people feel "at home", and this came out in the interviews. Nothing scary at all.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a failing project and how you handle communications of the failure(s).   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in February 2015.

2 phone interviews, 1 face to face, followed up by another phone interview.
    They said they really liked me and thought I was a good fit at the face to face but then never called me back to say yes or no.

Interview Questions
    • General open ended questions..."What have you done with ...?" Some questions like "Explain how xyz was done previously and your role with it." All of that was during the first 2 calls and the face to face. For the 3rd call the lower level person who did not make the hiring decision kept asking very technical questions about subjects that were not relevant, technologies that were outdated, or about items that I had already stated that I was not familiar with. He kept asking the same questions just rewording them.

Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

There were two phone interviews, one in person interview followed 2 months later after being asked to work with their process and they were very interested. Then we had a panel interview and IHG provided no feedback after that step.

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Applied online and scheduled my interview. Went to IHG and had a personality test. After, I had a 1 on 1 interview with an HR rep. She asked about my background/previous job. She then gave me a skills test. Finished that and was told that I passed to get a 2nd interview. 2nd interview was a panel interview 2 on 1. Was asked to roleplay as a Customer Care Rep dealing with an angry caller. Was offered the job after passing that. I accepted and was told to wait for an e-mail to conduct the background check.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about something that you've done that you're not proud of."   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate, it's a CSR job.

Reservations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

I applied online and a couple of days later got an email asking me to schedule an interview. I went to the office at the appointed hour and waited a couple minutes before I was sent to talk to a nice lady about why I was applying. After I was asked to take a couple test on a computer followed by a mock call situation test on a computer. After I talked to a second interviewer and after answering more questions mostly about past experience I was asked to take a call from him to reserve him a room and then I was offered the job.

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in December 2014.

Went through a recruiter and spoke with one hiring manager who seemed to be having a busy day. He didn't seem to interested from the start and was only concerned with a couple of very specific quesitons/answers. He seemed a bit condescending on the interview.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very specific question related to a certain type of experience with a tool that they use and I answered but I don't believe that it was the answer that the hiriing manager wanted specifically. He wasn't specific enough in his questioning and didn't account for what the total application could do so I don't think he understood.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I didn't enjoy the process. They brought several candidates who were competing for the same role on the same day, even having lunch together. that's ok for an internship position, not for a senior role. Pretty uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were OK, but none of candidates got one on one time with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager included another candidate at the same time. Akward.   Answer Question

Guest Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Walk-In
    Gave the Assistant Manager my resume, and they happened to be hiring. I had previous experience as GSR at the Ramada. They liked I had experience, interview was mainly about previous experience (probably to see how quickly they could get me trained). Got a call next day and wanted to hire me. Training was for 2 weeks. One week check-outs, next, check-ins. Very simple and easy operating system. If you pay VERY closely to details and client information it should be a breeze to you.

Interview Questions
    • Funniest work experience... had to stay professional about it but still show personally.   Answer Question
    Most hotels now only pay $8.00/hr for front desk and you have a lot of responsibility, being manager on duty and always working by yourself, so you have to ask yourself is it really worth it.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Why are you interested in this Internship?
    What do you know about our organization?
    What is our mission statement?
    Why do you think you are qualified for this position?
    What do you know about the issues faced by our organization/constituents/members?
    Do you have any ideas on how to solve or address some of the issues our organization may face?
    What type of work environment do you prefer?
    What makes you unique from other candidates?
    What type of job-related skills have you developed that may help you in this internship?
    How would you assess your writing and communication skills?