InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Chico, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

You will meet with the owner several times then meet with the General Manager It takes several interviews before you will get an answer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle upset guests Are you willing to work long hours after the normal 10 hours Make 30 cold calls a day   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its different for anyone depending on experience. You need to stand your ground and know your worth. He will want to pay very little money.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Miami, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

A total of 6 interviews, 4 over the phone and 2 in person. Each interview lasted approximately 60 to 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple and short

Brand Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is thorough. Behavioral questions coupled with panel interview really helps leaders identify the right person for the position.

Brand Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied for a position with IHG Atlanta. This position was for a consultant for the region in which I live. The consultant has 50 plus hotels that they work with the hotel regarding performance issues. Applied for the position online and received a response via email on a Saturday which stated that I would need to reply by noon on Sunday in order to be considered. On Monday, there was a 15 minute telephone interview. After the 15 minute interview then you are asked to answer questions in written form. The questions are vague and the information given may not be something you would know unless you already work for the company.

Interview Questions

• The two questions consisted of one concerning how would you come to an agreement and the second was how would one schedule their daily work and travel. As an HR professional and one that has been in business for many years they are really no brainers.   1 Answer

I Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panaji (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Panaji (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Nice company with nice interview including personal and technical interviewing for F&B department as a Hotel Operational trainee

Interview Questions

• some of the capital and currencies for different countries like spain and portugal coz i ws siting fr F&B dept   1 Answer

I got better oportunities

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2012.

Interview

very complicated, need HR officer, DHR, DOSM and GM, also owner

Interview Questions

• what do you think you can make our hotel more business? what do you think you can bring ex- experience and use here?   Answer Question

Director of Food & Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview with Director of HR, Interview with Director of Operation, Interview with Regional General Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Back and forth. Finally hotel pulled all previously discussed offers back and pulled the job posting

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Al Farwānīyah (Kuwait)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Al Farwānīyah (Kuwait)) in February 2012.

Interview

Two Interviews - Corporate HR and Owning Company Representative - both were behavioral with the HR one being more of an technical experience base and the other being more of a strategic and behavior interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/Situation line of questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and the soft sell method worked.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Paris (France)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very friendly but professional, however the online tests were difficult. First interview followed a spesific outline of questions, but with some flexibility to elaborate further on certain topics if deemed appropriate. If you pass the first interview, you have to do online tests (deductive reasoning, IQ, math, reasoning, etc), and if you pass the test, you have to do a second interview over Skype, and then they will tell you if you made it to the final stage of testing at an Assessment Center with a few select candidates.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself. - Why do you want this position? - Why InterContinental? - What do you know about InterContinental? How did you go about finding information about us? - Can you tell me about a weakness you have or been told that you have. Have you done anything to try to improve? - You have no direct experience for the position you are applying for. Why should we hire you? - Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Denham, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Got to know of the position through network of people. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The process was straight forward. I had my offer in 1 week after my last round.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about how one would handle situations.   Answer Question