InterContinental Hotels Group

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.7

Front Desk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Just an interview with the director , pretty straight forward, about half an hour. Wants to know why you want to work for the hotel, what your ideal job is. They are definitely looking for people that will work there for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be happy working at this position instead of a back office position because of your college degree   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Initially approached by recruiter. Included a programming test and a multi-hour interview.

Other offer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in July 2009.

Short and to the point.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell is someone is smiling over the phone.   View Answer
    Short and to the point.

Chief Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

It is very hard to get people in the company due to:
    1. Hiring process too long
    2. Obtaining the visa takes too long from the government
    3. Salaries are very low.

Salary
    Benifits

Catering Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Informal interview, hiring manager never responded to follow up emails or phone calls, when promised interviewee that he would.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in December 2011.

Very convenient and friendly. Management is great

Wonderful time!

Cook Interview

Informal interview with kitchen manager pretty laid back. The testing that they require is the hard part not because the questions are hard but because they ask a lot of repetitive questions so it gets boring and that's where you make mistakes so watch that.

Team Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied for the position online and was given a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was conducted by 2 people. Asked what my definition of integrity. About 2 weeks later I was called back for a face to face interview. I was taken on a tour of the facility, it was a very nice contact center. I was then interviewed by two Operation Managers who were very nice and personable. The interview questions weren't too difficult, typical contact center questions. How would you motivate your team and earn their respect? How would you respond to change? They gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Overall great interview, very nice and professional people. Hope to hear from them soon.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question but not difficult was if you were any kind of animal what would it be and why? Guess a character question. It was fun.   Answer Question

Igrad Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

the hiring and interview process was not as other hotels. They were looking at presentation skills of an induviduals as well as how the handle situations that would occur in the hotels on a regular basis. Overall if you are confident it should be easy.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.