InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.7

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Vienna (Austria)) in January 2012.

Interview

The full Interview was held in a friendly atmosphere, the person from HR was really polite and kind. We held the Interview in a private area of the Lobby-Cafe. We started with my CV etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest achievement?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Huntsville, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

First, you'll apply online. If you're a qualified candidate you'll get a phone call for an interview. After the interview process you'll have to send back a background check request. If comes back clean then you're hired if you accept. The overall experience was fair and it went okay.

Interview Questions

• How much housekeeping experience do I have?   1 Answer
    • How do I work with a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

After meeting with the obvious HR recruitment officers, i met with everyone that was F/B, one by one i was interviewed by the bar manager, bar and restraunts manager, Food and Beverage manager, Food and Beverage Operations manager. After 2 hours i left and recieved a call the following day offering me the positon.

Meeting & Event Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed with the GM and the director of HR. We briefly discussed my resume and why I wanted to work there. My second round interview was with the department head of Meeting & Event Services. She had a list of questions she asked in a more formal environment.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to multi-task.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a difficult challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

30 minutes telephone interview with an assistant of HR manager after an online application form was submitted. If the your application form is successful you are invited to an interview and after that if successful you are invited to sit an online test

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, questions regarding the interest in hospitality industry and company   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Denham, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

I met with the HR officer recruiting for the position initially, I then had a second interview with the current incumbent of the role. Finally I interviewed with the SVP who I'd be working for directly.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for the company   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

In this case it was more of a bid for a job as apposed to an actual interview. they asked if I was familiar with their systems and if I was able to compete the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your requested salary? Are you familiar with the OPERA PMS Can you deploy a VPN?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

I didn't have to interview, really. I applied online and a couple days later the manager called me and asked me a little about myself (it was more like a phone screening). After that, he emailed me and said he wanted me to join them this summer for their intern program. My situation is a very rare occurrence.

Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

The process was very quick (about a week or so of interviews). Depending on the position you will meet between 3-5 managers. You first have a phone interview and then you'll meet 2 of the HR managers, then departmental managers and finally the GM.

Interview Questions

• basic questions. Problem solving and situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they basically don't accept that for mid management.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Nothing really tough. Mostly program management situation questions. 2 or 3 people for an hour each. I got an offer and worked here for almost 3 years. People were friendly during the interviews.