InterContinental Hotels Group

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied in-person – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in April 2011.

Initial process such as interview, exam/s will be conducted by the Human Resources dept. Final interview will be conducted by members of the hiring management team. It is recommended for applicants to come in during the open day on order to avoid coming back and forth.

Interview Questions
    • Cite a situation wherein you handled a difficult person and how were you able to overcome the situation?   Answer Question
    None

Planning Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied online. Process took almost 2 months. 2 phone interviews, followed by 3 stages: Case study presentation, and another 2 other interviews. Questions were extensive and considerable knowledge of the industry was required.

Interview Questions
    • They all were relatively straightforward. Why this industry? Why us? What are the current events in this sector? How competition alters the landscape? Talk me through a change process. RoI on investment. P&L of a hotel calculation. etc   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in November 2014.

Got to know about this position through a work contact of a regional sales director. The HR manager emailed me and we agreed on a time to talk on the phone, just to get to know more about the work responsibility etc. The HR manager was very friendly and polite on the phone.

Interview Questions

It was a great career opportunity, but after finding out more about the position I felt that it was quite different from what I was looking for.

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

First conversation with HR department
    Second conversation with Sales Manager and General Manager.

Due to juniority mostly questions related to studies and internships, as well as my motivation for the position.

Director Interview

I didn't enjoy the process. They brought several candidates who were competing for the same role on the same day, even having lunch together. that's ok for an internship position, not for a senior role. Pretty uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were OK, but none of candidates got one on one time with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager included another candidate at the same time. Akward.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Why are you interested in this Internship?
    What do you know about our organization?
    What is our mission statement?
    Why do you think you are qualified for this position?
    What do you know about the issues faced by our organization/constituents/members?
    Do you have any ideas on how to solve or address some of the issues our organization may face?
    What type of work environment do you prefer?
    What makes you unique from other candidates?
    What type of job-related skills have you developed that may help you in this internship?
    How would you assess your writing and communication skills?

Business Development Interview

Meet with Human Resources
    typical questions:
    Tell me about yourself
    What do you know about the company?
    How do you think you could fit into our culture?
    What do you expect out of this internship?

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Got to know of the position through network of people. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The process was straight forward. I had my offer in 1 week after my last round.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions about how one would handle situations.   Answer Question

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management Interview

First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Sales Coordinator Interview

The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

The pay rate was low