InterContinental Hotels Group

2.7

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.

Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Really depends on the hiring team. I was screened by our recruiter. Then I did a behavioral phone interview. Then I was interviewed by the Director and Manager of the team.

Director of Food & Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in March 2014.

Interview with Director of HR, Interview with Director of Operation, Interview with Regional General Manager

Interview Questions
    Back and forth. Finally hotel pulled all previously discussed offers back and pulled the job posting

Team Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied for the position online and was given a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was conducted by 2 people. Asked what my definition of integrity. About 2 weeks later I was called back for a face to face interview. I was taken on a tour of the facility, it was a very nice contact center. I was then interviewed by two Operation Managers who were very nice and personable. The interview questions weren't too difficult, typical contact center questions. How would you motivate your team and earn their respect? How would you respond to change? They gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Overall great interview, very nice and professional people. Hope to hear from them soon.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question but not difficult was if you were any kind of animal what would it be and why? Guess a character question. It was fun.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in March 2014.

very accurate it was very long but not overwhelming i was interviewed by 3 persons, the HRM, the FOM and the GM at the end for more than an hour

Call Center Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in February 2014.

phone interview was your typical questions describe....

Reservations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2014.

Complete the application and show what skills you have that match their needs. If invited for an interview you will go to a training room with computers and answer questions about yourself. Be honest and select the answers that best reflect your feelings. After completing the battery of tests there is a basic interview. If you pass muster there's a call center simulation. Then another interview and a role play and you will know if you are offered a job or not. They will conduct a background check and you will receive an email an phone call welcoming you on board.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions...have the elements of your elevator speech down. Most difficult part was answering battery of questions about which tasks do you find most stressful.   View Answer
    Set pay during 90 day training period, then an increase with bonus pay for exceeding performance objectives.

Training Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2014.

The interview process took months and there was little communication.

Interview Questions
    • There was a task assignment that was asked of the applicants and no feedback on what worked or didn't.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Informal interview with kitchen manager pretty laid back. The testing that they require is the hard part not because the questions are hard but because they ask a lot of repetitive questions so it gets boring and that's where you make mistakes so watch that.

Reservation Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Initial assessment to determine familiarity with computers/ call center environment, as well as a personality assessment of sorts. Afterwards there is an interview with a team manager, and a role play for a call. The questions are fairly straight forward, relating to sales and communications. There is a background check after you have been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone tried your patience. What did you do?   Answer Question