InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.7

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of days later got an email asking me to schedule an interview. I went to the office at the appointed hour and waited a couple minutes before I was sent to talk to a nice lady about why I was applying. After I was asked to take a couple test on a computer followed by a mock call situation test on a computer. After I talked to a second interviewer and after answering more questions mostly about past experience I was asked to take a call from him to reserve him a room and then I was offered the job.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled my interview. Went to IHG and had a personality test. After, I had a 1 on 1 interview with an HR rep. She asked about my background/previous job. She then gave me a skills test. Finished that and was told that I passed to get a 2nd interview. 2nd interview was a panel interview 2 on 1. Was asked to roleplay as a Customer Care Rep dealing with an angry caller. Was offered the job after passing that. I accepted and was told to wait for an e-mail to conduct the background check.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about something that you've done that you're not proud of."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, it's a CSR job.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

In this case it was more of a bid for a job as apposed to an actual interview. they asked if I was familiar with their systems and if I was able to compete the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your requested salary? Are you familiar with the OPERA PMS Can you deploy a VPN?   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Went through a recruiter and spoke with one hiring manager who seemed to be having a busy day. He didn't seem to interested from the start and was only concerned with a couple of very specific quesitons/answers. He seemed a bit condescending on the interview.

Interview Questions

• This was a very specific question related to a certain type of experience with a tool that they use and I answered but I don't believe that it was the answer that the hiriing manager wanted specifically. He wasn't specific enough in his questioning and didn't account for what the total application could do so I don't think he understood.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

I didn't enjoy the process. They brought several candidates who were competing for the same role on the same day, even having lunch together. that's ok for an internship position, not for a senior role. Pretty uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Questions were OK, but none of candidates got one on one time with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager included another candidate at the same time. Akward.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Why are you interested in this Internship? What do you know about our organization? What is our mission statement? Why do you think you are qualified for this position? What do you know about the issues faced by our organization/constituents/members? Do you have any ideas on how to solve or address some of the issues our organization may face? What type of work environment do you prefer? What makes you unique from other candidates? What type of job-related skills have you developed that may help you in this internship? How would you assess your writing and communication skills?

Guest Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Walk-In Gave the Assistant Manager my resume, and they happened to be hiring. I had previous experience as GSR at the Ramada. They liked I had experience, interview was mainly about previous experience (probably to see how quickly they could get me trained). Got a call next day and wanted to hire me. Training was for 2 weeks. One week check-outs, next, check-ins. Very simple and easy operating system. If you pay VERY closely to details and client information it should be a breeze to you.

Interview Questions

• Funniest work experience... had to stay professional about it but still show personally.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Most hotels now only pay $8.00/hr for front desk and you have a lot of responsibility, being manager on duty and always working by yourself, so you have to ask yourself is it really worth it.

Business Development Interview

Interview

Meet with Human Resources typical questions: Tell me about yourself What do you know about the company? How do you think you could fit into our culture? What do you expect out of this internship?

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

The pay rate was low

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Binghamton, NY).

Interview

I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.