InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.7

Cook Interview

Informal interview with kitchen manager pretty laid back. The testing that they require is the hard part not because the questions are hard but because they ask a lot of repetitive questions so it gets boring and that's where you make mistakes so watch that.

Reservation Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Initial assessment to determine familiarity with computers/ call center environment, as well as a personality assessment of sorts. Afterwards there is an interview with a team manager, and a role play for a call. The questions are fairly straight forward, relating to sales and communications. There is a background check after you have been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone tried your patience. What did you do?   Answer Question

Brand Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied for position about 3-4 months before being contacted by an HR representative via e-mail for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Phone interview took place several days later and took about an hour. Was provided a detailed overview of the company, an explanation of the role and a reminder of the pay. Was asked a number of behavioral interview-style questions and then offered the opportunity to ask questions, too. Was told my answers would be "scored," and I would move on to phase II if I "passed." I made it to phase II, which was an e-mailed assessment, consisting of real-life work scenarios and projects; I had to propose strategies, tactics and solutions and make recommendations. My 16-page detailed document did not "score" high enough to move on to phase III. Details were not provided on what was not satisfactory.

Interview Questions
    • Which words would others use to describe you when you're at your worst?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Brought into the office for a panel interview. Very informal and upfront. Positive experience.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

They used a Temporary Agency and after take severa; test. about 4 and approve I start to work and then without reason they told me they no they no wanted to me working there any more. But they no have excuses they said that I work slow, when I have enough experience more than ten years and I finish before than others and bring a good service to the customers. Also I have 5 awards for the good service from other recognized Hotel.

Brand Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in September 2013.

Applied for a position with IHG Atlanta. This position was for a consultant for the region in which I live. The consultant has 50 plus hotels that they work with the hotel regarding performance issues. Applied for the position online and received a response via email on a Saturday which stated that I would need to reply by noon on Sunday in order to be considered. On Monday, there was a 15 minute telephone interview. After the 15 minute interview then you are asked to answer questions in written form. The questions are vague and the information given may not be something you would know unless you already work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • The two questions consisted of one concerning how would you come to an agreement and the second was how would one schedule their daily work and travel. As an HR professional and one that has been in business for many years they are really no brainers.   View Answer

DOS Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

The interview process was long. First was HR, then if you passed you went onto department manager, then if you passed you went onto who would be your immediate manager. Then HR called you back to either offer the position or tell you, you were not hired

Interview Questions
    • They asked you to describe a lot of hotel terms in great detail. I found the wanted it described in their terms not in your own words.   Answer Question
    It was pretty easy. They offered what I expected.

Quality Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in June 2013.

5 part process; Screening, talk with consultant in role, webcam interview, case study, final interview

Catering Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Informal interview, hiring manager never responded to follow up emails or phone calls, when promised interviewee that he would.

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Very Clear Process.

Interview Questions
    • Profile tests were difficult because they seemed backwards. There was a clear purpose, but it was unusual.   Answer Question