InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.7

Bell/Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

Got an interview a few days after applying online, once I passed the initial interview with the department manager I was called into another interview with the head of HR. Once past all interviews, you must pass a drug test and background check.

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Really depends on the hiring team. I was screened by our recruiter. Then I did a behavioral phone interview. Then I was interviewed by the Director and Manager of the team.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was simple. It was a sit down with the GM and the Restaurant Manager. It was a 1:1 at a table in the restaurant. Easiest interview to date. There isn't a whole lot to say other than that. After they asked me the questions about work we talked about sports until they gave me my schedule and I started the next week.

Director of Food & Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview with Director of HR, Interview with Director of Operation, Interview with Regional General Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Back and forth. Finally hotel pulled all previously discussed offers back and pulled the job posting

Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Applied for the position online and was given a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was conducted by 2 people. Asked what my definition of integrity. About 2 weeks later I was called back for a face to face interview. I was taken on a tour of the facility, it was a very nice contact center. I was then interviewed by two Operation Managers who were very nice and personable. The interview questions weren't too difficult, typical contact center questions. How would you motivate your team and earn their respect? How would you respond to change? They gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Overall great interview, very nice and professional people. Hope to hear from them soon.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question but not difficult was if you were any kind of animal what would it be and why? Guess a character question. It was fun.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

very accurate it was very long but not overwhelming i was interviewed by 3 persons, the HRM, the FOM and the GM at the end for more than an hour

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Huntsville, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

First, you'll apply online. If you're a qualified candidate you'll get a phone call for an interview. After the interview process you'll have to send back a background check request. If comes back clean then you're hired if you accept. The overall experience was fair and it went okay.

Interview Questions

• How much housekeeping experience do I have?   1 Answer
    • How do I work with a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Meeting & Event Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed with the GM and the director of HR. We briefly discussed my resume and why I wanted to work there. My second round interview was with the department head of Meeting & Event Services. She had a list of questions she asked in a more formal environment.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to multi-task.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a difficult challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Call Center Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Charleston, SC) in February 2014.

Interview

phone interview was your typical questions describe....

Reservations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Charleston, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

Complete the application and show what skills you have that match their needs. If invited for an interview you will go to a training room with computers and answer questions about yourself. Be honest and select the answers that best reflect your feelings. After completing the battery of tests there is a basic interview. If you pass muster there's a call center simulation. Then another interview and a role play and you will know if you are offered a job or not. They will conduct a background check and you will receive an email an phone call welcoming you on board.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions...have the elements of your elevator speech down. Most difficult part was answering battery of questions about which tasks do you find most stressful.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set pay during 90 day training period, then an increase with bonus pay for exceeding performance objectives.