InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in May 2012.

Applied online, about a week later they sent an email requesting me to call and schedule the interview. The first interview consists of some online assessments followed by a call center simulation and then the HR person will ask some preliminary questions. If you get through that, they will schedule you for the formal interview. This consists of about 20 minutes of standard questions such as why do you want to work here?, etc. followed by a role play as a reservations agent. I was offered the position immediately after the role play session. My understanding is that if they don't offer you the job at that time, they probably don't intend to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in March 2012.

It was very easy. Went in and was immediately put on a computer for a skills test, and then sat for about 45 minutes waiting for HR manager. Then went in and interviewed with her, and then she put me back on the computer for a Reservation Simulations skills test. Then, she gave me a tour of the facility. Then, finally, asked to come back for second interview with TM.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a time when you had to multi- task?   View Answer
    Not really negotiable. $10/hr to start for 5wks of training and then $11 - 13.50/hr after training.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in March 2012.

Met with the hiring manager and the peers in the first on-site interview. Was then requested to complete an assignment and met with the VP and another director in the final interview.
    The HR was nice to inform promptly another candidate was chosen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in February 2012.

When you first arrive, you are required to take an assessment test on the computer. If that scores well, then you have a one on one interview with an HR manager. If that goes well, then you are back on the computer for a reservations simulation. Of course, if that goes well, they schedule you for a follow up interview with another manager the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult guest/customer?   View Answer
    • Explain what extraordinary customer service means to you.   View Answer
    Everything went very well in the interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in December 2011.

Very convenient and friendly. Management is great

Wonderful time!

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in June 2011.

A total of 6 interviews, 4 over the phone and 2 in person. Each interview lasted approximately 60 to 90 minutes.

Very simple and short

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in June 2011.

Through an upper-level management referral I was able to skip the online/traditional application process and obtain an interview with the HR department (although I did have to eventually create a profile on the website). I sat down with the HR director, then bars manager, and then the bars management team. It was a thorough but fair investigation of my personality and demeanor and ability to represent the hotel well.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in May 2011.

Interview process started online with a very lengthy application form, which took almost 45 minutes to complete. First interview was quick and fairly uneventfull. Second interview was strenuous, because it wasn't clear what the interviewer was trying to get at. It di become clear though, that the company was going through a lot of changes, which could mean a lot of opportunities. Lots and lots of paperwork to fill out before hand!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you strongly disagreed with your supervisor?   View Answer
    No room for negotiations, since my starting salary was at the top of the scale already.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in April 2011.

It was a very well-handled interview. The general manager was very nice and offered me the job right then. Of course, I did have to go through a background check and drug test. Not a problem at all. Smooth sailing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to break the rules in order to make the guest happy   Answer Question
    Just ask for what you think you are worth.

Reservations Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in March 2011.

The interview is not hard, but not everyone gets hired. It consists of an initial interview, skills test, and a second interview with a mock phone call if you pass the first two parts. It can normally be completed in 1-2 days. Since I had an early first interview, I got everything done in one day and was offered the position for training the following week.