InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Quality Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in June 2013.

Interview

5 part process; Screening, talk with consultant in role, webcam interview, case study, final interview

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Informal interview, hiring manager never responded to follow up emails or phone calls, when promised interviewee that he would.

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Very Clear Process.

Interview Questions

• Profile tests were difficult because they seemed backwards. There was a clear purpose, but it was unusual.   Answer Question

Manager, Procurement Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was relatively short. The HR Recruiter emailed me to set up a time for me to come in and meet with the hiring manager and one of his partners. I then had a panel interview with the hiring manager, the colleague and the HR Recruiter. Questions were expected given the job description. After the initial round, the hiring manager asked to talk to me on the phone regarding two further questions. Upon going through that stage, the hiring manager decided to rescope the position

Interview Questions

• The questions were expected given the job description.   Answer Question

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Charleston, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

A behavioral interview style with a panel of 3-4 managers. They took turns asking questions and then there was a simulated call after being given a structure of the rewards program that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did something that did not come out as planned or expected and the results   Answer Question

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Leonard Wood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Fort Leonard Wood, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with General Manager and two other Assistant Managers. The on-line application was easy. A phone call set up the interview. Prior to the interview the panel did not review the application well. When I explained my availability date, that was the deal breaker. The application had my availability date on it, so that should have eliminated me from consideration based on the timeline to start they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Is there a difference between being a leader and being a manager?   Answer Question

Director of Catering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone and was cordial. It lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of questions related to my experience and attitude. The second interview was in person, over lunch. The interviewer seemed awkward and failed to ask many questions. It was up to me to try and engage the interviewer by asking specific questions. Clearly, the interviewer was not a "numbers person" based on the unlikely answers I received. The interview was followed by a property tour and meeting with the General Manager. The interview with the GM lasted only about 10 minutes and consisted of very general questions about my experience. The final interview was with the HR person and was very general in nature.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that neither the GM nor the initial interviewer asked any difficult questions. I expected questions related to specific marketing strategies I had successfully employed in the past or specific questions related to sales performance.   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Started with an hour long phone interview with Sandoval Corporation. Followed by a flight to miami for a one stay to interview with five executives. The executives were the GM of the hotel, Hotel Manager, F&B director, Director of Human Resources, Executive Chef of Hotel. The connection with the executive commitee was just perfect. We have the same goal initiative, personality, passion, and desire to run a successful business.

Negotiation

It was very involved with business incentives based on sales and cost goals.

Assistant Gm Hotel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2013.

Interview

Very smooth and educational process. I was kept informed over the entire process. Process was timed just right. Everyone I came in contact with was great. Traveling to the corporate office was impressive.

Negotiation

Past Experience

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Very simple, they desperately needed help. They don't keep employees long. But the interview process was very easy, they just wanted to make sure that I at least had common sense. That was the only requirement.