InterContinental Hotels
www.ihgplc.com Denham, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

InterContinental Hotels Guest Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very well-handled interview. The general manager was very nice and offered me the job right then. Of course, I did have to go through a background check and drug test. Not a problem at all. Smooth sailing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to break the rules in order to make the guest happy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just ask for what you think you are worth.

Sydney (Australia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2011.

Interview Details – If you're studying Hospitality, the interview was done with HR first then the properties "picked" who they liked. (only one property at a time could pick you, so if you said no, then you may not get another property picking you / if you said yes, a better opportunity may have been waiting but missed out on picking you).
Then met with managers for one interview.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward interview questions, nothing that I wasn't prepared for. As long as you follow the STAR behavioural technique you'll be fine. Have a few generalised answers that can be moulded to suit the question.   Answer Question

Guest Services Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in November 2010.

Interview Details – Was so impressed with the FOM who interviewed me. He was very personable, professional and passionate about the hotel and his team.

Negotiation Details – Negotiate salary hard - they lowball everything.

Interviews for Top Jobs at InterContinental Hotels

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InterContinental Hotels Guest Services Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by InterContinental Hotels employees and interview candidates.