InterContinental Hotels

Getting the Interview

93 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Training Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process took months and there was little communication.

Interview Question – There was a task assignment that was asked of the applicants and no feedback on what worked or didn't.   Answer Question

Director of Food & Beverage Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview with Director of HR, Interview with Director of Operation, Interview with Regional General Manager

Interview Question – How would you handle challenging direct reports   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back and forth. Finally hotel pulled all previously discussed offers back and pulled the job posting

Team Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online and was given a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was conducted by 2 people. Asked what my definition of integrity. About 2 weeks later I was called back for a face to face interview. I was taken on a tour of the facility, it was a very nice contact center. I was then interviewed by two Operation Managers who were very nice and personable. The interview questions weren't too difficult, typical contact center questions. How would you motivate your team and earn their respect? How would you respond to change? They gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Overall great interview, very nice and professional people. Hope to hear from them soon.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question but not difficult was if you were any kind of animal what would it be and why? Guess a character question. It was fun.   Answer Question

Call Center Team Manager Interview

Charleston, SC

I applied online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview was your typical questions describe....

Interview Question – what your definition of integrity   Answer Question

Reservations Specialist Interview

North Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2014.

Interview Details – Complete the application and show what skills you have that match their needs. If invited for an interview you will go to a training room with computers and answer questions about yourself. Be honest and select the answers that best reflect your feelings. After completing the battery of tests there is a basic interview. If you pass muster there's a call center simulation. Then another interview and a role play and you will know if you are offered a job or not. They will conduct a background check and you will receive an email an phone call welcoming you on board.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions...have the elements of your elevator speech down. Most difficult part was answering battery of questions about which tasks do you find most stressful.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set pay during 90 day training period, then an increase with bonus pay for exceeding performance objectives.

Cook Interview

Cook

Interviewed at InterContinental Hotels

Interview Details – Informal interview with kitchen manager pretty laid back. The testing that they require is the hard part not because the questions are hard but because they ask a lot of repetitive questions so it gets boring and that's where you make mistakes so watch that.

Interview Question – do you respond well in a fist fight   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Reservation Agent Interview

Reservation Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – Initial assessment to determine familiarity with computers/ call center environment, as well as a personality assessment of sorts. Afterwards there is an interview with a team manager, and a role play for a call. The questions are fairly straight forward, relating to sales and communications. There is a background check after you have been offered the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when someone tried your patience. What did you do?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Brand Service Consultant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is thorough. Behavioral questions coupled with panel interview really helps leaders identify the right person for the position.

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in June 2011.

Interview Details – Through an upper-level management referral I was able to skip the online/traditional application process and obtain an interview with the HR department (although I did have to eventually create a profile on the website). I sat down with the HR director, then bars manager, and then the bars management team. It was a thorough but fair investigation of my personality and demeanor and ability to represent the hotel well.

Interview Question – Name 4 tequilas.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very convenient and friendly. Management is great

Interview Question – Never been there. Sorry people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wonderful time!

Interviews for Top Jobs at InterContinental Hotels

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InterContinental Hotels interview questions and advice. All 93 interview reviews posted anonymously by InterContinental Hotels employees and interview candidates.