InterContinental Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator

Interviewed at InterContinental Hotels

Interview Details – The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Question – The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay rate was low

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist
Binghamton, NY

I applied online and interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – Really depends on the hiring team. I was screened by our recruiter. Then I did a behavioral phone interview. Then I was interviewed by the Director and Manager of the team.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in March 2014.

Interview Details – very accurate it was very long but not overwhelming i was interviewed by 3 persons, the HRM, the FOM and the GM at the end for more than an hour

Interview Question – the written test   Answer Question

Assistant Gm Hotel Interview

Assistant Gm Hotel

I applied online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very smooth and educational process. I was kept informed over the entire process. Process was timed just right. Everyone I came in contact with was great. Traveling to the corporate office was impressive.

Negotiation Details – Past Experience

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process took months and there was little communication.

Interview Question – There was a task assignment that was asked of the applicants and no feedback on what worked or didn't.   Answer Question

Director of Food & Beverage Interview

Director of Food & Beverage
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview with Director of HR, Interview with Director of Operation, Interview with Regional General Manager

Interview Question – How would you handle challenging direct reports   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back and forth. Finally hotel pulled all previously discussed offers back and pulled the job posting

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online and was given a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was conducted by 2 people. Asked what my definition of integrity. About 2 weeks later I was called back for a face to face interview. I was taken on a tour of the facility, it was a very nice contact center. I was then interviewed by two Operation Managers who were very nice and personable. The interview questions weren't too difficult, typical contact center questions. How would you motivate your team and earn their respect? How would you respond to change? They gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Overall great interview, very nice and professional people. Hope to hear from them soon.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question but not difficult was if you were any kind of animal what would it be and why? Guess a character question. It was fun.   Answer Question

Call Center Team Manager Interview

Call Center Team Manager
Charleston, SC

I applied online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview was your typical questions describe....

Interview Question – what your definition of integrity   Answer Question

Reservations Specialist Interview

Reservations Specialist
North Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2014.

Interview Details – Complete the application and show what skills you have that match their needs. If invited for an interview you will go to a training room with computers and answer questions about yourself. Be honest and select the answers that best reflect your feelings. After completing the battery of tests there is a basic interview. If you pass muster there's a call center simulation. Then another interview and a role play and you will know if you are offered a job or not. They will conduct a background check and you will receive an email an phone call welcoming you on board.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions...have the elements of your elevator speech down. Most difficult part was answering battery of questions about which tasks do you find most stressful.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set pay during 90 day training period, then an increase with bonus pay for exceeding performance objectives.

Interviews for Top Jobs at InterContinental Hotels

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InterContinental Hotels interview questions and advice. All 104 interview reviews posted anonymously by InterContinental Hotels employees and interview candidates.