InterContinental Hotels

104 candidate interviews

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk

I applied online and interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – Just an interview with the director , pretty straight forward, about half an hour. Wants to know why you want to work for the hotel, what your ideal job is. They are definitely looking for people that will work there for a long time.

Interview Question – Would you be happy working at this position instead of a back office position because of your college degree   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at InterContinental Hotels

Interview Details – Initially approached by recruiter. Included a programming test and a multi-hour interview.

Interview Question – SEO optimization   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offer

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in July 2009.

Interview Details – Short and to the point.

Interview Question – Can you tell is someone is smiling over the phone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short and to the point.

Chief Engineer Interview

Chief Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – It is very hard to get people in the company due to:
1. Hiring process too long
2. Obtaining the visa takes too long from the government
3. Salaries are very low.

Interview Question – What is my next role?
How you will develop me?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary
Benifits

Catering Manager Interview

Catering Manager

I applied online and interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – Informal interview, hiring manager never responded to follow up emails or phone calls, when promised interviewee that he would.

Interview Question – Experience   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very convenient and friendly. Management is great

Interview Question – Never been there. Sorry people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wonderful time!

Cook Interview

Cook

Interviewed at InterContinental Hotels

Interview Details – Informal interview with kitchen manager pretty laid back. The testing that they require is the hard part not because the questions are hard but because they ask a lot of repetitive questions so it gets boring and that's where you make mistakes so watch that.

Interview Question – do you respond well in a fist fight   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online and was given a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was conducted by 2 people. Asked what my definition of integrity. About 2 weeks later I was called back for a face to face interview. I was taken on a tour of the facility, it was a very nice contact center. I was then interviewed by two Operation Managers who were very nice and personable. The interview questions weren't too difficult, typical contact center questions. How would you motivate your team and earn their respect? How would you respond to change? They gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Overall great interview, very nice and professional people. Hope to hear from them soon.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question but not difficult was if you were any kind of animal what would it be and why? Guess a character question. It was fun.   Answer Question

Igrad Interview

Igrad

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – the hiring and interview process was not as other hotels. They were looking at presentation skills of an induviduals as well as how the handle situations that would occur in the hotels on a regular basis. Overall if you are confident it should be easy.

Interview Question – Situation handling would be the most difficult part   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist
Binghamton, NY

I applied online and interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at InterContinental Hotels

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InterContinental Hotels interview questions and advice. All 104 interview reviews posted anonymously by InterContinental Hotels employees and interview candidates.