InterContinental Hotels

104 candidate interviews

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management Interview

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management

Interviewed at InterContinental Hotels

Interview Details – First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Interview Questions

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator

Interviewed at InterContinental Hotels

Interview Details – The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Question – The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay rate was low

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist
Binghamton, NY

I applied online and interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Al Farwānīyah (Kuwait)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two Interviews - Corporate HR and Owning Company Representative - both were behavioral with the HR one being more of an technical experience base and the other being more of a strategic and behavior interview

Interview Question – Behavioral/Situation line of questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and the soft sell method worked.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Guest Services Representative
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2011.

Interview Details – If you're studying Hospitality, the interview was done with HR first then the properties "picked" who they liked. (only one property at a time could pick you, so if you said no, then you may not get another property picking you / if you said yes, a better opportunity may have been waiting but missed out on picking you).
Then met with managers for one interview.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward interview questions, nothing that I wasn't prepared for. As long as you follow the STAR behavioural technique you'll be fine. Have a few generalised answers that can be moulded to suit the question.   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details – Really depends on the hiring team. I was screened by our recruiter. Then I did a behavioral phone interview. Then I was interviewed by the Director and Manager of the team.

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in March 2014.

Interview Details – very accurate it was very long but not overwhelming i was interviewed by 3 persons, the HRM, the FOM and the GM at the end for more than an hour

Interview Question – the written test   Answer Question

Assistant Gm Hotel Interview

Assistant Gm Hotel

I applied online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very smooth and educational process. I was kept informed over the entire process. Process was timed just right. Everyone I came in contact with was great. Traveling to the corporate office was impressive.

Negotiation Details – Past Experience

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process took months and there was little communication.

Interview Question – There was a task assignment that was asked of the applicants and no feedback on what worked or didn't.   Answer Question

Director of Food & Beverage Interview

Director of Food & Beverage
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview with Director of HR, Interview with Director of Operation, Interview with Regional General Manager

Interview Question – How would you handle challenging direct reports   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back and forth. Finally hotel pulled all previously discussed offers back and pulled the job posting

Interviews for Top Jobs at InterContinental Hotels

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InterContinental Hotels interview questions and advice. All 104 interview reviews posted anonymously by InterContinental Hotels employees and interview candidates.