InterContinental Hotels

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Chico, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in July 2012.

Interview Details – You will meet with the owner several times then meet with the General Manager
It takes several interviews before you will get an answer

Interview Question – How do you handle upset guests
Are you willing to work long hours after the normal 10 hours
Make 30 cold calls a day
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its different for anyone depending on experience. You need to stand your ground and know your worth. He will want to pay very little money.

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in July 2009.

Interview Details – Short and to the point.

Interview Question – Can you tell is someone is smiling over the phone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short and to the point.

Food and Beverage Management Trainee Interview

Food and Beverage Management Trainee
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in November 2012.

Interview Details – Great Experience...Met with 2 members of F/B team. Called back to meet with director. Very nice people, decent interview, but felt I was not the candidate they were looking for, gut feeling. No follow up from IHG, which was disappointing. Even though you feel like you did not get the job, the closure is always nice. Would have loved the offer, IHG seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Software Architect (Atlanta, GA) Interview

Software Architect (Atlanta, GA)
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in October 2012.

Interview Details – This position is for Atlanta, GA. Initially I was told that I am gonna have a phone screen then followed by test and face to face onsite. Then later on they skipped the phone screen asked me to come on site to take the test.

Interview Question – 1. Design a ZOO using coding best practices and object oriented design principles
The requirement went like this
-Zoo can have different type of animals like Tiger, Bear and Monkey
-They all eat food, like Grain, meat etc
-They sleep, play and eat
-They keep track of their energy level
-They keep track of number of species produced
-when they play they loos energy level like -8 points or something
-when they eat they gain
-when they speak by default they say "Grr", and some animals say differently
-they all need to know what type of food they are eating
-some animals are trainable, bear is trainable
-when they are trainable they can dance
-when the bear dance it says "I'm Dancing"
  Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in August 2008.

Interview Details – Hr processed flow until I got in the door for an interview. Then the hiring director interviewed and made the offer.

Interview Question – Defining anyltical data and how I would approach xyz situation through this data.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't have a lot of room to negotiate.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in June 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from the Hotel Front office manager, after her initial interview, I was interviewed by the HR director and after that I was interviewed by the General manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – there is very little to no room for negotiation.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process started online with a very lengthy application form, which took almost 45 minutes to complete. First interview was quick and fairly uneventfull. Second interview was strenuous, because it wasn't clear what the interviewer was trying to get at. It di become clear though, that the company was going through a lot of changes, which could mean a lot of opportunities. Lots and lots of paperwork to fill out before hand!

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation where you strongly disagreed with your supervisor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiations, since my starting salary was at the top of the scale already.

Applications Support Interview

Applications Support
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in May 2012.

Interview Details – This was an awesome opportunity, two of the seniors from the project team interviewed me and the interview went quite well.

Interview Questions

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager and the peers in the first on-site interview. Was then requested to complete an assignment and met with the VP and another director in the final interview.
The HR was nice to inform promptly another candidate was chosen.

Interview Question – What do you think of the team?   View Answers (4)

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

Reservations Sales Agent
Charleston, SC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, about a week later they sent an email requesting me to call and schedule the interview. The first interview consists of some online assessments followed by a call center simulation and then the HR person will ask some preliminary questions. If you get through that, they will schedule you for the formal interview. This consists of about 20 minutes of standard questions such as why do you want to work here?, etc. followed by a role play as a reservations agent. I was offered the position immediately after the role play session. My understanding is that if they don't offer you the job at that time, they probably don't intend to.

Interview Question – describe a time you dealt with an angry customer   Answer Question