InterSystems

Average Difficulty
52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterSystems in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a positive response and set up a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I took the 3 quizzes. A personality one, a logical reasoning one in an unfamiliar programming language (not too difficult) and a third one about work situations. Then randomly never got contacted for an in person interview and I did not pursue it very hard because I ended up going a different route for the summer.

Interview Question – some syntax questions in the new language were a little tricky. You have plenty of time to complete the test though so just take your time and think through it   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at InterSystems in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long and tedious, perhaps because the company was undergoing a reshuffling of responsibilities and roles. Very nice environment, good benefits, very long and tiring process.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at InterSystems in May 2014.

Interview Details – InterSystems is very interesting. They ask you to come onsite to do a few tests before considering you. I went there to do two tests. The first test is a programming test. No previous knowledge is assumed. The test specifies a programming language and then you interpret the given programs and select the results from a few given choices. This part is very interesting because you have to be careful about certain issues, such as types, type coercion, and operator precedence. Overall it is straightforward is you can think like a computer. And I can see a few cases are under-specified: if we run the question through a computer we will get undefined behavior.

The second test is very much like GRE logic/reading test. The bad thing, however, is that there are answers like "likely" and "very likely" which is very very confusing to distinguish.

I passed the two tests but they never followed up with me. No reason was given, I guess they do not have specific interests in my experience.

Interview Question – "likely" vs "very likely" in multiple choices.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Any Interview

Any
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview Details – They make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get hired. there are at least 2 tests and multiple intervies

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Intersystems and have no personal life because you will be working 18 hours a day?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at InterSystems

Interview Details – online tests on a virtual programming language

Interview Question – virtual language, need to pay attention to the details of using it.   Answer Question

Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InterSystems in March 2014.

Interview Details – 3 online tests, PI is a personality test, but I do not know any about the result..,
TET is testing the ability to learn new (strange) language to solve problems, and
PET is testing simple logic and numeric calculation.

After these three tests, there is a HR phone screen, asking about past experience and projects.
HR said there would be a contact from hiring manager, but weeks already past...

Interview Question – TET test. Time is limited and problems are related, it is not easy to complete without mistakes...   Answer Question

CS Intern Interview

CS Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InterSystems in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was done online. There's a personality test, a reasoning test, and a programming test using their proprietary language. Both had some difficult questions that were reminiscent of high school standardized testing. Know logic and be able to pick up a new language fast.

Interview Question – The syllogisms on the logic test were especially hard to be sure about.   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Support Specialist
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at InterSystems in February 2014.

Interview Details – Everyone with whom I had contact during the interview process was intelligent, professional, very pleasant, and seemed genuinely happy to be there. A dedicated company recruiter is assigned to each candidate and keeps you updated & informed every step of the way. The interview process can be lengthy, but InterSystems is seeking to attract those who want a career, not just a job.

Interview Question – None of my interviews could be classified as canned with the standard "resume" and "tell me about yourself" format. The interviews were fairly relaxed and conversational as the company is primarily interested in who you are and how well you'd fit in & perform in their environment.
The most important interview questions are those asked by the job seeker (do your homework).
  Answer Question

Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InterSystems in March 2014.

Interview Details – Skills test was relatively easy, just be a good test-taker and review logic. After completing the tests, I got a phone interview.

Interview Question – Some of the choices for the logic questions were seemingly redundant.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

Interviewed at InterSystems

Interview Details – They will sell you a bill of goods and nothing is what it seems when you are actually hired

Interview Question – The the person in charge is difficult to work for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They threw more money at me so that I would just take the job and not ask too many other questions - unfortunate that I fell for it and lasted a very short time.

Worked for InterSystems? Contribute to the Community!