InterSystems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

3.2

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at InterSystems in May 2010.

It was a longer that *typical* process, but I felt it was worth it. The recruiting team on site was professional and well presented. I was excited at the prospect of working for the from, and was thrilled to be offered a job.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InterSystems in March 2014.

Applied online and got a positive response and set up a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I took the 3 quizzes. A personality one, a logical reasoning one in an unfamiliar programming language (not too difficult) and a third one about work situations. Then randomly never got contacted for an in person interview and I did not pursue it very hard because I ended up going a different route for the summer.

Interview Questions
    • some syntax questions in the new language were a little tricky. You have plenty of time to complete the test though so just take your time and think through it   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at InterSystems in October 2013.

The interview process was very long and tedious, perhaps because the company was undergoing a reshuffling of responsibilities and roles. Very nice environment, good benefits, very long and tiring process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at InterSystems in May 2014.

InterSystems is very interesting. They ask you to come onsite to do a few tests before considering you. I went there to do two tests. The first test is a programming test. No previous knowledge is assumed. The test specifies a programming language and then you interpret the given programs and select the results from a few given choices. This part is very interesting because you have to be careful about certain issues, such as types, type coercion, and operator precedence. Overall it is straightforward is you can think like a computer. And I can see a few cases are under-specified: if we run the question through a computer we will get undefined behavior.

The second test is very much like GRE logic/reading test. The bad thing, however, is that there are answers like "likely" and "very likely" which is very very confusing to distinguish.

I passed the two tests but they never followed up with me. No reason was given, I guess they do not have specific interests in my experience.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at InterSystems.

They make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get hired. there are at least 2 tests and multiple intervies

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Intersystems and have no personal life because you will be working 18 hours a day?   View Answer

Intern Interview

online tests on a virtual programming language

Interview Questions
    • virtual language, need to pay attention to the details of using it.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at InterSystems in March 2014.

3 online tests, PI is a personality test, but I do not know any about the result..,
    TET is testing the ability to learn new (strange) language to solve problems, and
    PET is testing simple logic and numeric calculation.

After these three tests, there is a HR phone screen, asking about past experience and projects.
    HR said there would be a contact from hiring manager, but weeks already past...

Interview Questions
    • TET test. Time is limited and problems are related, it is not easy to complete without mistakes...   Answer Question

CS Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InterSystems in April 2012.

Interview was done online. There's a personality test, a reasoning test, and a programming test using their proprietary language. Both had some difficult questions that were reminiscent of high school standardized testing. Know logic and be able to pick up a new language fast.

Interview Questions
    • The syllogisms on the logic test were especially hard to be sure about.   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at InterSystems in February 2014.

Everyone with whom I had contact during the interview process was intelligent, professional, very pleasant, and seemed genuinely happy to be there. A dedicated company recruiter is assigned to each candidate and keeps you updated & informed every step of the way. The interview process can be lengthy, but InterSystems is seeking to attract those who want a career, not just a job.

Interview Questions
    • None of my interviews could be classified as canned with the standard "resume" and "tell me about yourself" format. The interviews were fairly relaxed and conversational as the company is primarily interested in who you are and how well you'd fit in & perform in their environment.
      The most important interview questions are those asked by the job seeker (do your homework).
        Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InterSystems in March 2014.

Skills test was relatively easy, just be a good test-taker and review logic. After completing the tests, I got a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the choices for the logic questions were seemingly redundant.   Answer Question

Worked for InterSystems? Contribute to the Community!