Interac Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.2

Assistant Language Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Interac.

Interview

The process is very straightforward and easy, in my opinion. -Phone interview with typical interview questions. -Interview seminar in a major city near you. Group of interviewees and yourself learn more about the company, do a demo lesson (nothing to sweat over just a short warm up activity), and one final interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Interac (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online by submitting education information and attached a personal statement and resume. The following day I received a phone call from Sarah at Interac. She asked me some basic questions if I was alright if I was asked to drive, if i was placed in a rural area, and if i would be alright if I wasn't placed in the same city as my partner. She then asked when I would be available for a phone interview. The following phone interview quizzed me on information related to the information packet emailed to me a week earlier. She asked why Japan, why interac, and what would be my biggest challenge moving to Japan.

Interview Questions

• Eating school lunches is compulsory, would you have a problem with eating what is given to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Interac (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through online application. 2 days later I got a call to confirm application details, and schedule phone interview. 1 week later I passed phone interview. I was then invited to the seminar and formal interview. Passed former interview. The time in-between phone interview and formal interview is the time you must send in documents. The documents are for your hiring packet.

Interview Questions

• What is expected of you as a teacher? How does a teacher become involved in the community? What would make you a good teacher?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Interac in March 2015.

Interview

Set up a phone interview beforehand, and they asked very basic and typical questions. It was quick, only took 20 minutes or so. It was very laid back and conversational. There were questions regarding the pdf file they send you that basically outlines what ALTs do, etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

You first send in an online-application and then you will receive a call to go over and verify what you have submitted, and also to set up your phone interview. Whatever date you set it up, the person will ask you some basic questions like why you want to teach, what motivates you, why do you want to go to Japan and some questions regarding your education and experience. If you pass that then you will be given a meeting place in a city where the interviews are taking place. Once you arrive, you will be given an overview of the company and all what it's about. Then you will teach a small demo class as a exam and then the face to face interview, which is just an extension of the phone interview,

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any difficult questions. It was a regular interview and hopefully if you didn't lie on the resume you should be fine and know how to handle it.   Answer Question

The contract isn't great. All the expenses of airfare, transportation, housing, insurance, and taxes are on your neck. You won't really be saving much.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Interac (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then Another phone interview and then an In person interview. The first is not technical based but they other two are. The in person is the hardest interview. Study for it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really open to negotiation

Assistant Language Teacher Interview

Interview

Dispatched from Teach Away in America. From what I've heard, Interac now mainly hires people already in the country, and they have an aggressive touring campaign as they are the #1 leading provider of ALTs in Japan. Teach Away process involved an online application, phone screening, English language proficiency test, video recorded teaching demo, and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Is there any situation that could arise that would force you to break your contract and come back home?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Interac (Spokane, WA).

Interview

Phone interview asking a few questions. You'll know if you pass when they invite you to the second interview. If they tell you that they'll contact you, you failed.

Assistant Language Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Interac.

Interview

Very basic interview process. Submit your application (lengthy), do a phone interview, do a face to face interview, done. There are a few extra things. Read the FAQ, perform a short lesson at the interview, get documents for the working visa but overall quite simple. It does take time. Expect the whole interview process to take 1-3 months. Hiring takes longer. You know in a few weeks after the interview if you submitted all your stuff but the actual details don't come till you're getting ready to leave.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I cannot remember a difficult or unexpected question. Some people might be surprised at the startup funds needed and others might not know about other small details. They give you everything you need to know if you take the time to read everything so...can't say much here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. It's a take it or leave it type of job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Interac (Provo, UT).

Interview

Initial communications were via e-mail, then a phone call and standard phone interview regarding education and experiences. Next was a trip to Utah to do the in person interview, pretty basic for an interview. The next was a video recording of singing the ABC's and examples using flash cards. I then waited 2 weeks to see if I got the job. I was called on a Friday and ask if I could be in Japan the next week.

Interview Questions

• Ask to sing the ABC's and how would I teach children to pronounce different words.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation and your contract is not signed until you complete your training after traveling to Japan, if you do not make it through the training you are out. You pay all costs upfront, air fare, apartment costs, furnishings for apartment Etc.. You will not see a paycheck for 6-8 weeks, Take wads of cash, There are many things they do not tell you in the interview and negotiation. It can be a great job, the locals are usually wonderful but the company sucks to work for.