Interactive Brokers Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2015

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Interactive Brokers in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter set up a phone interview, was asked simple questions. Then set up an interview at the company location which is kind of difficult to find.. Took an exam as soon as i got there with math and exchange rate and bonds questions. The test took about 45 minutes to complete. Then had a face to face interview with 2 supervisors which was simple.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Interactive Brokers (Greenwich, CT).

Interview

It was the most prolonged process in my (not so vast) experience. Before actual interview you have to take on-line Personality Test (not IQ) and complete timed "homework" (e-mailed to you). Then on-site interview. First interviewer gave ma a Java+math test that was very close to the ones I already saw here, on Glassdoor. Then we had a conversation about my experience. After that I was handed to the second person who wanted me to write a small program right there in his office using pen and paper. He also had a test of his own to determine the outcome of code snippets. Then we had a short conversation. The third interview was already not really technical and mostly about my background. I was supposed to be interviewed by department manager at the very end, but we were able to spent very little time since he had a scheduling conflict. So it was 4 separate on-site interviews altogether. In a week or so, I got a "thanks, but no thanks" e-mail.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that they still have the same test questions as the ones apparently used in 2010 (according to other posts).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Interactive Brokers (Greenwich, CT) in July 2014.

Interview

I took an online coding test with three problems basically about loops and 1 related to SQL. The on-site interview begins with a test that has simple math problems that you can look up(they didn't change the problems) with a Java, C++, and UML test. The Java test had a question about hashmaps and the C++ portion had a question about scope memory(had to find an error which was that a certain variable was local)

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview

I took the train into Greenwich. I got there early. I waited around for 30 minutes. They take you in exactly the time you are scheduled for not a minute early. I took a test. I had an interview and it was short. The test was longer than the interview. I had to meet with some others and to my surprise they took the day off. I knew right there I was not getting the job. I am glad I did not get it, the hours were long and reading the reviews on here the culture was terrible.

Interview

In person interview, then a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Low salary offer for my skillset.

Manager Interview

Interview

math test then interview meeting with the bosses

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Interactive Brokers (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I did an online psychological test first which was relatively unusual for me. I then had a round of interviews with the deputy GC, the GC, and several line attorneys. The interviews largely resembled a law firm interview process.

Interview Questions

• Mostly we talked about my resume and experiences but I did get a couple textbook greatest strength weakness questions   Answer Question

Cashiering Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Interactive Brokers (Greenwich, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

I had been contacted by a recruiter for the position. I was very interested so I had her apply on my behalf. This was in the beginning of November, talk of an interview wasn't set into motion till the end of December. She warned me up front that they are known for moving very slowly. I had to submit a background check through them, and a short personality test online. The first interview was very standard. Oh except for the TEST. Math calculations, Excel questions, math word problems, questions about the industry, and a short couple paragraphs about a time when you initiated a change in your place of work. Other than that, I met with the person who would be my direct manager, asked standard questions about what I'm experienced with, what the job is about, why I'm looking to leave my current job, ect. The second interview was set up 3 days later. Pretty much the exact same as the first interview but with my boss's boss... and no test! Nothing out of the ordinary, if you aren't familiar with the industry don't fake it. I left all the questions blank about industry terms and it was totally fine. (mainly because for the position I'm applying for doesn't require in depth knowledge of the terms and such.) So clearly if you're trying to be a broker, know what you're talking about!

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about something you suggested to change or improve in the past. What it was, and how it changed things for the better. The company thrives on innovation and promotes thinking outside the box to figure out how to make things run more efficiently.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview

written coding test, followed by telephone interview and finally onsite

Interview Questions

• some maths questions are hard to understand   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview

Hiring process was quite streamlined: an over-email written test followed by phone screening followed by on-site full-day interview including another written test and several 1-on-1 interviews with a break for lunch. (They asked me to select a lunch in the morning). All interviewers behaved in a professional manner; they were over-tight-lipped answering my questions about the company and future job; but what they did say later turned out more or less true.

Interview Questions

• To someone who spent about 4 years in their previous occupation: why do you change jobs so often?   Answer Question