Interactive Brokers

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Interview

Finance

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview Details – I took the train into Greenwich. I got there early. I waited around for 30 minutes. They take you in exactly the time you are scheduled for not a minute early. I took a test. I had an interview and it was short. The test was longer than the interview. I had to meet with some others and to my surprise they took the day off. I knew right there I was not getting the job. I am glad I did not get it, the hours were long and reading the reviews on here the culture was terrible.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Interactive Brokers

Interview Details – In person interview, then a phone interview.

Interview Question – Difficult questions about bonds.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low salary offer for my skillset.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Interactive Brokers

Interview Details – math test then interview meeting with the bosses

Interview Question – how was your commute?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Support Operator Interview

Technical Support Operator
Greenwich, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Interactive Brokers in December 2012.

Interview Details – They make you take a battery of tests - a windiws test of about one page of questions, and linux test that is about three pages and then the ASVAB test peppered in with a bunch of puzzles which are designed to test how you problem solve. They also give you a personality assement. they put alot of stock into that. I saw people who did really good on the skills tests but did not fit ther personality profile for the job and they threw away the application. They told em that i was a perfect 7-5-7 or something like that on the personality. It was wierd though, because I got along with everybody in the group - we were all the same.

Interview Question – on the linux test they wanted to know what the NTTP protocol was and what port it listens on   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they did not really negotiate the pay - that was it - take it or leave it.
it took two years to fill the position that i got - they said no to a lot of good people.

Cashiering Associate Interview

Cashiering Associate
Greenwich, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Interactive Brokers in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had been contacted by a recruiter for the position. I was very interested so I had her apply on my behalf. This was in the beginning of November, talk of an interview wasn't set into motion till the end of December. She warned me up front that they are known for moving very slowly.

I had to submit a background check through them, and a short personality test online.

The first interview was very standard. Oh except for the TEST. Math calculations, Excel questions, math word problems, questions about the industry, and a short couple paragraphs about a time when you initiated a change in your place of work.

Other than that, I met with the person who would be my direct manager, asked standard questions about what I'm experienced with, what the job is about, why I'm looking to leave my current job, ect.

The second interview was set up 3 days later. Pretty much the exact same as the first interview but with my boss's boss... and no test!

Nothing out of the ordinary, if you aren't familiar with the industry don't fake it. I left all the questions blank about industry terms and it was totally fine. (mainly because for the position I'm applying for doesn't require in depth knowledge of the terms and such.) So clearly if you're trying to be a broker, know what you're talking about!

Interview Question – Be prepared to talk about something you suggested to change or improve in the past. What it was, and how it changed things for the better. The company thrives on innovation and promotes thinking outside the box to figure out how to make things run more efficiently.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview Details – written coding test, followed by telephone interview and finally onsite

Interview Question – some maths questions are hard to understand   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview Details – Hiring process was quite streamlined: an over-email written test followed by phone screening followed by on-site full-day interview including another written test and several 1-on-1 interviews with a break for lunch. (They asked me to select a lunch in the morning).

All interviewers behaved in a professional manner; they were over-tight-lipped answering my questions about the company and future job; but what they did say later turned out more or less true.

Interview Question – To someone who spent about 4 years in their previous occupation: why do you change jobs so often?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Interactive Brokers in August 2013.

Interview Details – They made me take the Predictive Index Survey and was told I was too nice for the position. OK I have a PhD and am a CFA charter holder with years of experience to back it up and apparently I don't have the same integrity as IB management!!!

Interview Question – The Predictive Index Survey   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview Details – Did a tech test (progamming+math) and behavioral test before went for an onsite. The tech test included C++/Java, SQL, math. All questions were very easy, especially the math part. I have a PhD in a quantitative field, so in certain ways I felt violated when asked to solve the so-called "math" problems. For the onsite interview, it's not pleasant experience. I basically paid by myself to travel from city to Greenwich. After arrival, I first did another tech test. Then after meeting two persons, I was told that's it. I was upset because I'm a C++ guy, never mentioned Java on my resume, and all they asked was Java. I get it, they were looking for a Java programmer, but they could just save time for all of us and my money by not offering me an onsite. Also their questions seem to be ancient. You probably could google all their problems online. This is alarming by telling you how static they have always been.

Interview Question – The moment you tell them that you speak English, the moment they start to speak Japanese.   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Quality Analyst

Interviewed at Interactive Brokers

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter and then a telephonic interview followed by a online Java test

Interviews for Top Jobs at Interactive Brokers

Worked for Interactive Brokers? Contribute to the Community!