Interactive Brokers Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014
30 interviews

3.1

Finance Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

I took the train into Greenwich. I got there early. I waited around for 30 minutes. They take you in exactly the time you are scheduled for not a minute early. I took a test. I had an interview and it was short. The test was longer than the interview. I had to meet with some others and to my surprise they took the day off. I knew right there I was not getting the job. I am glad I did not get it, the hours were long and reading the reviews on here the culture was terrible.

Customer Service Representative Interview

In person interview, then a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Low salary offer for my skillset.

Manager Interview

math test then interview meeting with the bosses

Technical Support Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Interactive Brokers in December 2012.

They make you take a battery of tests - a windiws test of about one page of questions, and linux test that is about three pages and then the ASVAB test peppered in with a bunch of puzzles which are designed to test how you problem solve. They also give you a personality assement. they put alot of stock into that. I saw people who did really good on the skills tests but did not fit ther personality profile for the job and they threw away the application. They told em that i was a perfect 7-5-7 or something like that on the personality. It was wierd though, because I got along with everybody in the group - we were all the same.

Interview Questions
    • on the linux test they wanted to know what the NTTP protocol was and what port it listens on   View Answer
    they did not really negotiate the pay - that was it - take it or leave it.
    it took two years to fill the position that i got - they said no to a lot of good people.

Cashiering Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Interactive Brokers in January 2014.

I had been contacted by a recruiter for the position. I was very interested so I had her apply on my behalf. This was in the beginning of November, talk of an interview wasn't set into motion till the end of December. She warned me up front that they are known for moving very slowly.

I had to submit a background check through them, and a short personality test online.

The first interview was very standard. Oh except for the TEST. Math calculations, Excel questions, math word problems, questions about the industry, and a short couple paragraphs about a time when you initiated a change in your place of work.

Other than that, I met with the person who would be my direct manager, asked standard questions about what I'm experienced with, what the job is about, why I'm looking to leave my current job, ect.

The second interview was set up 3 days later. Pretty much the exact same as the first interview but with my boss's boss... and no test!

Nothing out of the ordinary, if you aren't familiar with the industry don't fake it. I left all the questions blank about industry terms and it was totally fine. (mainly because for the position I'm applying for doesn't require in depth knowledge of the terms and such.) So clearly if you're trying to be a broker, know what you're talking about!

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about something you suggested to change or improve in the past. What it was, and how it changed things for the better. The company thrives on innovation and promotes thinking outside the box to figure out how to make things run more efficiently.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

written coding test, followed by telephone interview and finally onsite

Interview Questions
    • some maths questions are hard to understand   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Hiring process was quite streamlined: an over-email written test followed by phone screening followed by on-site full-day interview including another written test and several 1-on-1 interviews with a break for lunch. (They asked me to select a lunch in the morning).

All interviewers behaved in a professional manner; they were over-tight-lipped answering my questions about the company and future job; but what they did say later turned out more or less true.

Interview Questions
    • To someone who spent about 4 years in their previous occupation: why do you change jobs so often?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Interactive Brokers in August 2013.

They made me take the Predictive Index Survey and was told I was too nice for the position. OK I have a PhD and am a CFA charter holder with years of experience to back it up and apparently I don't have the same integrity as IB management!!!

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Did a tech test (progamming+math) and behavioral test before went for an onsite. The tech test included C++/Java, SQL, math. All questions were very easy, especially the math part. I have a PhD in a quantitative field, so in certain ways I felt violated when asked to solve the so-called "math" problems. For the onsite interview, it's not pleasant experience. I basically paid by myself to travel from city to Greenwich. After arrival, I first did another tech test. Then after meeting two persons, I was told that's it. I was upset because I'm a C++ guy, never mentioned Java on my resume, and all they asked was Java. I get it, they were looking for a Java programmer, but they could just save time for all of us and my money by not offering me an onsite. Also their questions seem to be ancient. You probably could google all their problems online. This is alarming by telling you how static they have always been.

Interview Questions
    • The moment you tell them that you speak English, the moment they start to speak Japanese.   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Got a call from recruiter and then a telephonic interview followed by a online Java test

Worked for Interactive Brokers? Contribute to the Community!