Interactive Data

Senior Evaluator Interview

Senior Evaluator

Interviewed at Interactive Data

Interview Details – Phone Interview, Then Interview with Hiring Manger

Interview Question – Tell me something that you consider yourself good at   Answer Question

EVS Operations Specialist Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Data.

Interview Details – I applied via LinkedIn and got an invite to interview over the phone within 2 days. The initial phone call was with HR, with typical behavioral questions such as: walk me through your resume, why are you interested in our company, etc, and the woman was very nice and passed my resume onto the Director of Operations at IDC. My second round was held at their office in NYC, and the Director of Ops basically told me all about the history of the company, his history, and what the daily routine is like for the role I was applying for. Probably the easiest, most laid back interview process I've ever been through. The Director of Ops told me that he would schedule a final round for me with his boss, however weeks went by without any word from him or HR, so I followed up three times after a month only to receive an auto-reject email. Really awful experience, and proves their upper management includes insidious liars.
Lesson learned: Don't believe anyone at this company when they say you'll be moving to the next round for interviewing.

Interview Question – They asked for detailed information on items from my resume on the second round. Questions were easy, but the hiring process itself is deceitful with this company.   Answer Question

Pricing Specialist Interview

Pricing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Interactive Data in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was asked the basic behavioral questions, along with a few questions that tested basic knowledge of financial markets

Interview Question – What is an index   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Interactive Data.

Interview Details – Your standard HR questions

Interview Question – Describe yourself in one word   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Interactive Data.

Interview Details – asked about some excel questions, like how to sort, how to do rank etc.

Interview Question – how to sort   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Interactive Data in August 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview(about 30 minutes) and 1 on-site interview( about 3 hours)
It is only ask some basic information about myself for the phone interview, and then for the on-site interview, it asks more technical question, 3 about mysql, like design and use,1 about java, 1 about python

Interview Question – I told the manager that i don't know python, he still let mw finish the python code   View Answer

Real Time Services Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Interactive Data in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen took about 20 minutes and included technical questions about database technologies. Didn't receive a call or email back.

Interview Question – What database engine did you use in school?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Data.

Interview Details – Quick phone interview, basic Java questions, I found it very easy. I thought it was really basic but interviewer thought I was great. In summary, this isn't Amazon or Google. New process may be in place asking more about Java EE environment and more open ended as relating to competing design decisions.

Interview Question – Asked about locking vis a vis the Java Memory Model. A bit esoteric for the level of knowledge required for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy.

Manager Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Data.

Interview Details – Met with multiple Directors as well as Vice Presidents in three rounds. Two in person and one over the phone. The Management team were all very knowledgable and came from multiple differenent areas of teh division. Some of the questions were quite challenging and others were more standard. I was interviewed one on one twixe in the office, each time with two managers individually, then had one on one phone interviews with the other two managers after the two face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing was too out of the ordinary, the questions were very standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I worked with a recuiter the process was quite simple.

Senior Research Specialist Interview

Senior Research Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interactive Data in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't hard.
A few questions on my background being i came from a retail background with a B.A in Business Admin.
Questions ranged from data entry experience
ability to work in a team, punctuality, etc
Discussed job offer and waited for a call back

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Interactive Data

Worked for Interactive Data? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interactive Data interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Interactive Data employees and interview candidates.