Interactive Intelligence

Getting the Interview

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Success Advocate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview Details – I couldn't have been more pleased with the interview process. Everyone from HR to senior management that I interviewed with was very positive, respectful and made me valued as a candidate. I had several rounds of phone interviews with a number of individuals, who were very professional and friendly. They always let me know what the next steps in the interview process would be, and were timely in their follow up. I felt at home immediately through interacting with everyone. The final interview was on site at their headquarters and included a presentation I needed to prepare based on company materials they provided beforehand. All in all, a very positive experience.

Technical Team Lead, IT Operations Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interactive Intelligence contacted me twice regarding this position. Two entirely separate interviews 4-6 months apart. The interviews seemed generally positive and both times I was told that they would like to continue the interview process with me. Then nothing. I was never contacted again. Any company that treats interviewees this way is not worth working for.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on campus. Phone Interview and the HR set me an on-site interview in 3 weeks. The interview environment is very comfortable. I went in a Friday, everyone there were dressing sports shirts and Jersey. The questions are not hard: accomplished a small C# programing, a pseudo code presentation, talk to the managers~ takes 4 hours. However, since I need a sponsorship for this job, so they did not give me the offer

Interview Question – Design Patterns   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in February 2013.

Interview Details – There were several phases to the interview process. The initial phase was a phone interview. Next was going in to meet the HR department, getting a tour, and then interviewing with the manager. The third phase was meeting with the department head. The whole process seemed to be going smoothly and after the third interview I got the impression that the job was being offered. I asked about the flexibility of the hours because I knew they were considering added some new shifts the the department. I got a call after the third interview and said that they were removing me from the consideration. When I asked why, their response was that I was unwilling to work the hours needed.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of technical questions about SIP functionality.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR over a position that was advertised on the web site. After the initial phone screen I was being passed to a hiring manager to arrange an on-site interview.
I never heard back from the recruiter, even after sending a couple tickler emails over the week. This points to a less than professional HR operation that I did not expect from this company.
Overall the experience left a bad taste in my mouth about Interactive.

Interview Question – I didn't get to that point.   Answer Question

Marketing Internship Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview Details – Planning was very unorganized- in contact with two different people. It was rescheduled 4 times.

Interview Question – How would your best friend describe you?   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a panel of several people, took about a half day or so. They asked a number of questions, but a lot of them were aimed at a new position and how that would work from my perspective.

Interview Question – None, it's been too long.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't upset with the offer, but I do from what I've heard elsewhere that if you want to work at ININ, you take the offer. Counters can result in retracted offers.

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in December 2009.

Interview Details – A friend referred me, I applied online, got an e-mail for phone interview. Phone interview went well, then interviewed with 3 people for that department, and was offered within a couple days.

Interview Question – What experience I had with systems, as I didn't have any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation, as I was new to the workplace...and looking in 2008, when the job market wasn't the greatest. I was happy to have a job at that time :)

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in May 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a message from a recruiter on Linked In. After applying for the position, she called me back and scheduled a phone screen with a manager. The phone screen consisted of a basic and advanced section covering normal tech questions. After the phone screen, I was invited to the ININ campus for 5 consecutive face to face 1:1 interviews. In my situation, management asked the basic career questions while other techical personel asked the troubleshooting questions. About 2 days later I was called with an offer.

Interview Question – Troubleshoot XYZ situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was warned not to negotiate. The salary increase from my last position didn't really warrant a negotion anyway.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the systems engineer position on the support services side. The entire interviewing process was a positive one. Before jumping right in to the interviews they gave me a tour of their facility. Great complex. Everyone was laid back and wearing casual clothes. I had 4 total interviews. The first interview tested my critical thinking and problem solving skills. One example question was "What would you do to test a computer in a lab that is not turning on. All of the others computers work fine, except for this one". The second interview was technical. He asked me about different software and hardware components (Like what is RAID or a DMZ and their uses). The third and fourth interviews were with the hire ups and were just about getting to know me better. Best advice I can give: Study and refresh your knowledge on your networking courses. BE YOURSELF and be relaxed. If it's not a good fit it's not a good fit.

Interview Question – If you ping a server and it returns the wrong IP address, what should you do?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Interactive Intelligence

Worked for Interactive Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!

Interactive Intelligence Videos

Interactive Intelligence – Why Work for Us?

Interactive Intelligence Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ININ) designs complete solutions for contact center automation, unified communications, as well as business process automation software and services. Founded in 1994 and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interactive Intelligence interview questions and advice. All 69 interview reviews posted anonymously by Interactive Intelligence employees and interview candidates.