Interactive Intelligence

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer, Interview

Software Engineer,
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in April 2014.

Interview Details – Meet with this company at a college job fair, where I kicked it off with one of the people in development department. I handed my resume and received an email with a questionnaire from HR essentially gauging how comfortable you are with the technologies they use . After that I was contacted for an interview a week or two later. After the interview I waited for and followed up every week for about 4 weeks and then I got the offer. Most calls to HR usually go unanswered, but if you email them you usually get a response back.

Interview Question – The interview was difficult, because there were two people both hammering you with technical questions. As long as you take your time to answer the questions and answer them correctly you will get an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intern salary did not appear to be negotiable. I tried to counteroffer, however that did not make them increase the offer.

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Applications Developer Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview Details – Applied online sometime in early March. Was sent an email about a week later regarding a follow up phone interview. The conversation I had with the HR staff was good, figured I'd be given another interview. After nearly a month of slim communication, I was sent an email saying that I wasn't selected to continue. I feel it might have had to do with my weaker resume, it wasn't a big loss as I was selected for another internship less than a month later.

Channel Sales Intern Interview

Channel Sales Intern
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR first, then with previous intern, then with manager, then I came in for a face to face on site interview. Had lunch, given a tour, and then gave a presentation.

Interview Question – Asked to give a presentation with no other direction   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in September 2013.

Interview Details – There was a brief phone call with a recruiter, then a technical phone call going over basic computer science/data structures things, then an in person with a technical and non technical portion, then a job offer.

Interview Question – Most difficult for me are "where do you want to be in X years" or soft questions like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave an offer, I counteroffered, they accepted.

Finance Team Member Interview

Finance Team Member

Interviewed at Interactive Intelligence

Interview Details – Very laid back process. They will ask you questions to learn about specific technical experience and then questions about you. The interviews do start out with phone call first.

Interview Question – All typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Indianapolis, IN

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview Details – Recruiters need to work on communication. Numerous calls and emails went unanswered in the process with the occasional teaser that I was still being considered. People who invest a half day of time to come down at least deserve feedback. Hiring manager was on iPad the entire time. Scheduler gave me and phone interviewers different interviews times. Another phone interview had to be rescheduled 4 times. Most of the questions from all the interviewers where about reasons for leaving current job vs. qualifications for the open position.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in February 2014.

Interview Details – I dropped a resume at a college job fair and received a call from a recruiter to take a programming skills test. I passed the skills test and was set up with a phone interview a few days later. The interview went really well. He asked a lot of questions about object orientated programming, software structures, and we discussed some about the company and working there. When I got off the phone I was pretty excited about the next step, which he said would be an onsite interview. A few days later I got an email asking instead for another phone interview. This interview went bad, the guy asking the questions either had a bad day or just didn't like me from the start. He asked a lot of the questions the other guy did (simple OOP stuff) but his tone was clearly different. After it was over and he asked if I had any questions I said no, but I hope I did ok because it sounded like he wasn't happy with me. He replied something to the effect of yep, that's why we do phone interviews before meeting people. Two days later I got a rejection email.

Interview Question – How would you go about updating computer A with information on computer B on a daily basis?

(Since I'm used to writing code (this was a developer interview) I started to describe a program I would write) he stopped me and said to think in broader terms. So I said I would have a database on A which was updated by a daily scheduled job on B to collect the into and input it. He said tersely nevermind and went on to the next question, I have no idea what he was going for.)
  Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in April 2014.

Interview Details – There was a pre screen phone call. Followed up by a Technical Screening. THe a gauntlet of interviews started with a tour. Three Technical interviews and a personality interview.

Interview Question – I had Difficulty with the Troubleshooting part of the interview because I was under prepared my current/past position(s) did not use the technology or methods they were looking for.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in April 2014.

Interview Details – I talked on the phone with a recruiter and then a technical interviewer. Both were nice. The tech interviewer explained what he was looking for well. I then went onsite for a series of 5 interviews back to back and a whiteboard exercise in solving a problem. corporate environment was great and it looks like a great company to work for.

Interview Question – reverse a string without using any system functions or stl libraries taking into account spaces and such.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Product Management

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview Details – Recruiters need some work on communication. They call quickly but don't seem to follow up with potential employee's very quickly or not at all in some cases. I had to call several times to get a return call. Other parts of the interview went well, several rounds of interviews and had to give a presentation.

Interview Question – None that I can think of. Nothing asked was not expected.   Answer Question

Worked for Interactive Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!