Interactive Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015

3.2

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in May 2009.

A ridiculously hard experience overall. Three straight hours of interviews including all areas of the department, each 30 minutes long. What was upsetting was the fact that I had the skills necessary given in the job application, but the interview covered MANY more skills and subjects not mentioned in the job description. I feel like I was turned down on those subjects, not the ones actually shown in the job description. Also, even though the HR folks said they "Pride" themselves on calling applicants soon after interviews, no matter the outcome, I was never given an answer. I had to badger HR just to get a "no thanks" response after a week.

Interview Questions
    • Name and explain several different phone and network systems terms.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in May 2012.

Initial screening with HR
    Phone screen with technical lead. I was asked to do a live coding exercise.
    On site interview with a team of very intelligent team leads and developers. Several deep details questions measuring my level of knowledge. Did another (this time more difficult) live coding exercise in front of the team

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember - the questions started simple and got progressively more difficult until I couldn't answer them anymore.   Answer Question
    I told HR what I was looking for. They agreed it was a fair wage. Done.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

A tough but fair interview process, I got the impression that even if I weren't a good fit for the position they were interviewing for they would have tried to find something in the organization for me.

Interview Questions
    • Several rounds of on-the-spot problem solving with actual coding involved. Tough but fair.   Answer Question
    They were very willing to work with me to meet my needs.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in September 2014.

8 phone interviews, one on site interview- the people I spoke with were all senior level executives in different departments, I did not feel like they felt like my role was of value to them, therefore why should they be talking to me. I felt like some of them were feeling forced to speak to me.

Interview Questions
    • What makes me more qualified than others for the position   View Answer
    • Why do I feel the job I would be doing would help their company?   View Answer
    • Why do you feel this role is important to the company?   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in September 2013.

There was a brief phone call with a recruiter, then a technical phone call going over basic computer science/data structures things, then an in person with a technical and non technical portion, then a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult for me are "where do you want to be in X years" or soft questions like that.   Answer Question
    They gave an offer, I counteroffered, they accepted.

Software Engineer, Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in April 2014.

Meet with this company at a college job fair, where I kicked it off with one of the people in development department. I handed my resume and received an email with a questionnaire from HR essentially gauging how comfortable you are with the technologies they use . After that I was contacted for an interview a week or two later. After the interview I waited for and followed up every week for about 4 weeks and then I got the offer. Most calls to HR usually go unanswered, but if you email them you usually get a response back.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was difficult, because there were two people both hammering you with technical questions. As long as you take your time to answer the questions and answer them correctly you will get an offer.   Answer Question
    Intern salary did not appear to be negotiable. I tried to counteroffer, however that did not make them increase the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in September 2013.

I have heard a lot of nice things about this company an their work culture. I did try to intern as a sophomore so that is probably why i was barely looked at but i learned a lot about the interviewing process and the importance of learning to answer technical questions on the spot.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in October 2014.

Applied online, contacted by HR for a phone interview but after the hiring manager reviewed my resume they wanted to bring me in right away.

First interview was with the managers and seemed to go well. It was relaxed and I felt very positive about it. Next portion was technical with three engineers. Most of their questions were academic or arcane and certainly not something that I deal with regularly with my experience in the industry. Moreover, it was very tense. No smiling, no small talk, rather uncomfortable. Final interview was with a woman from the project office. She was evaluating me on personality. That seemed to go OK.

The interview was in a conference room and it was on the warm side since I was the only one in a suit. I wasn't offered anything to drink when we started and after two and a half hours my mouth was so dry I could barely speak. Before the last interview I asked to get a drink and walked out to the water fountain for a drink.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Initial screening at a university; invited to go on-site to interview with 6 people (3 technical, 3 managerial), each for 30 minutes. This was for a Systems Engineer position, which is different from what I have now (Software Engineer). The Software Engineer position was a short 30 minute informal interview (I had been at working here for 3 years), resulting in a department change.

Interview Questions
    Since I had a Masters of Science degree, I was able to negotiate several thousand dollars higher from the starting salary for people straight out of college.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in October 2014.

Interview process was very pleasant and well organized. It started with a HR phone interview followed by a technical phone screening. The technical screening was pretty standard. Anyone with sufficient system and networking knowledge would know most of the answers. I received quick feedback and was invited to an onsite interview

When scheduling the onsite interview they did a great job working around my current schedule. Upon arriving everyone was very friendly and made what would usually be a stressful day enjoyable. I got the standard tour, followed by short meeting with HR then was taken to a conference room where I went through four thirty minute 1 on 1 interviews. The interviews were conducted very professionally and included a mix of technical and personality questions. They also had time for me to ask questions and gave me an insight into the department and day to day culture. I was then given a less formal tour of the department and shown outside.

I heard back from HR a couple days later with an offer. Overall this was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Don't over think the questions. If the answer seems obvious it probably is. They are mostly looking at your thought process and troubleshooting skills.   Answer Question