Interactive Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

3.2

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2009.

Interview

A ridiculously hard experience overall. Three straight hours of interviews including all areas of the department, each 30 minutes long. What was upsetting was the fact that I had the skills necessary given in the job application, but the interview covered MANY more skills and subjects not mentioned in the job description. I feel like I was turned down on those subjects, not the ones actually shown in the job description. Also, even though the HR folks said they "Pride" themselves on calling applicants soon after interviews, no matter the outcome, I was never given an answer. I had to badger HR just to get a "no thanks" response after a week.

Interview Questions

• Name and explain several different phone and network systems terms.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial screening with HR
    Phone screen with technical lead. I was asked to do a live coding exercise.
    On site interview with a team of very intelligent team leads and developers. Several deep details questions measuring my level of knowledge. Did another (this time more difficult) live coding exercise in front of the team

Interview Questions

• Don't remember - the questions started simple and got progressively more difficult until I couldn't answer them anymore.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told HR what I was looking for. They agreed it was a fair wage. Done.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

A tough but fair interview process, I got the impression that even if I weren't a good fit for the position they were interviewing for they would have tried to find something in the organization for me.

Interview Questions

• Several rounds of on-the-spot problem solving with actual coding involved. Tough but fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very willing to work with me to meet my needs.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

8 phone interviews, one on site interview- the people I spoke with were all senior level executives in different departments, I did not feel like they felt like my role was of value to them, therefore why should they be talking to me. I felt like some of them were feeling forced to speak to me.

Interview Questions

• What makes me more qualified than others for the position   1 Answer
    • Why do I feel the job I would be doing would help their company?   1 Answer
    • Why do you feel this role is important to the company?   1 Answer

Software Engineer, Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Meet with this company at a college job fair, where I kicked it off with one of the people in development department. I handed my resume and received an email with a questionnaire from HR essentially gauging how comfortable you are with the technologies they use . After that I was contacted for an interview a week or two later. After the interview I waited for and followed up every week for about 4 weeks and then I got the offer. Most calls to HR usually go unanswered, but if you email them you usually get a response back.

Interview Questions

• The interview was difficult, because there were two people both hammering you with technical questions. As long as you take your time to answer the questions and answer them correctly you will get an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intern salary did not appear to be negotiable. I tried to counteroffer, however that did not make them increase the offer.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

Recruiters need some work on communication. They call quickly but don't seem to follow up with potential employee's very quickly or not at all in some cases. I had to call several times to get a return call. Other parts of the interview went well, several rounds of interviews and had to give a presentation.

Interview Questions

• None that I can think of. Nothing asked was not expected.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in April 2014.

Interview

I talked on the phone with a recruiter and then a technical interviewer. Both were nice. The tech interviewer explained what he was looking for well. I then went onsite for a series of 5 interviews back to back and a whiteboard exercise in solving a problem. corporate environment was great and it looks like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• reverse a string without using any system functions or stl libraries taking into account spaces and such.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a brief phone call with a recruiter, then a technical phone call going over basic computer science/data structures things, then an in person with a technical and non technical portion, then a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult for me are "where do you want to be in X years" or soft questions like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave an offer, I counteroffered, they accepted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

I have heard a lot of nice things about this company an their work culture. I did try to intern as a sophomore so that is probably why i was barely looked at but i learned a lot about the interviewing process and the importance of learning to answer technical questions on the spot.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

There was a phone interview first. Then there was a one-day session of five interviews. There was an HR interview, to be sure I was the person they expected. There were two interviews with hiring managers. There was an interview with a team of team/project leaders. There was a technical skills interview with the technical lead, to solve a real code problem with him watching what I did and asking why I did it that way.

Interview Questions

• Design and present a way/program to walk thru all possible tic-tac-toe games effectively, without repetition of any game state.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.