Interactive Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

3.2

Support Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

It was a 3 interview process which starts with an hour interview with someone from HR. The second is a technical interview for an hour that deals with more generic IT support and telephony type questions. Lastly there are 3 back to back hour long interviews that

Telephony Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I was interviewed by multiple people. The process involved going door to door with six different people for a half hour each. This took up to about three hours. There was other stuff in which I was asked specific questions about programming and it even included a brain bench test and I forget if lunch was involved.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Had a quick discussion with a hiring manager and a week later had a phone interview with a team lead. They said it was an interview with a hiring manager but it actually ended up being fairly technical. He asked a lot of questions about object oriented design and general programming concepts. From there they scheduled two back to back onsite interviews with two different teams. Both positions were for JavaScript and the questions covered specific JavaScript topics, programming exercises, and system design. Each interview was with 3 to 4 people and was fairly challenging. They offered a position that evening and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• write a function that takes in a string and returns a letter that occurs most frequently. if there is a tie, return a letter that occurs first in the string.   Answer Question
    • take the values stored in two input fields in a form. When a button is clicked, increment one of the values every 100 ms until it is twice the other value.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I let them know that I had another offer on the table and they were able to match it.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Initial phone screen from HR, then a short phone interview about a week later, with an on-site interview scheduled a few weeks later. The phone interview was technical but pretty basic. Topics included providing brief definitions of TCP, UDP, SIP, etc. The on-site interview was broken down into three interviews. The first was essentially a recap of the phone interview and some scenario based questions. The second was an in depth technical one and the third was a managerial interview. The on-site technical interview was pretty involved. They have a sheet with them that I think has the questions they ask, but I felt like they deviated from it to dive deeper in the topics being discussed. That shows that they themselves have a decent understanding of what is being asked of you. That part of the interview was fairly challenging as they were asking a lot of questions looking for very specific technical answers that I don't think very many people would know without looking at some sort of documentation. I think the point was just to make sure you didn't BS them and could at least state if you were unsure about a certain topic. The managerial interview was pretty relaxed compared to the technical one. The interviewers were personable and polite and it was easy to talk to them.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in March 2012.

Interview

Applied in January. Had a phone interview in March. Received an email offer 3 days later. No negotiations. They were friendly. The entire process was fairly easy.

Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Discovered the position via an Internet job board. Applied. Approximately one week later I received a call from a Human Resource person; she was very friendly. Had about a 20 minute phone screen (would have been longer but reception was bad). She said she wanted to schedule a meeting with the hiring manager for a phone screen which was setup for about 3 days later on a Friday. Friday came and I was very impressed with the relaxed/genuine demeanor of the manager and the comfort level was immediate. From this conversation, he wanted to bring me onsite. I agreed - and the HR person called me about 3 days later to schedule it for the next week. It was a panel interview; 2 folks from disparate groups, then 3 folks for the technical piece and then the hiring manager. Total time was about 4 hours, including a tour and lunch served in the same room as the interviews. Very nice touch. The first 2 folks were more behavioral but did ask a few questions related to potential technical difficulties they were currently experiencing and how I would approach them. The 3 technical folks were friendly but more reserved. They did respond to my attempts at humor in a positive way. The questions were technical but more on the 'how would you do this' and 'please sketch it out' as far as processes I helped design elsewhere. This was all verbal though. The hiring manager spoke with me for an hour; took me on a tour, sat in his office etc. Confirmed my initial impression of positive environment. Lastly had to do a 30 minute call with the Director; also a professional but down to earth person. All in all, it was grueling in the sense that it was a long interview day, but the refreshments helped take the edge off and I enjoyed the process. The HR person was phenomenal. Very caring, humorous, friendly.

Interview Questions

• Explain a process you've implemented elsewhere.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. The recruiter made things sound very positive with regard toy application for employment. I had to check in several times before finally receiving a "thanks, but no thanks" automated response.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Managed Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

This was a long, but still fluid process. I had an initial phone call, that as then followed up with 2 more technical interviews, and then was brought onsite to interview with the team. Overall the process was far better than I was expecting based on past reviews on Glassdoor. I felt the interview stayed solidly on target, and I left with all the answers I felt I needed to make my final decision. I felt welcome, and even had lunch with the team to better get antiquated, and this also convinced me that this is the right place for me to be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had no negatives to speak of, everyone was friendly,and helpful,my trip to the office was well planned out, with no real lag, or interlude to speak of.

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was gruelling as I was informed it would be. Took about 1.5 months. There were 6 interviews the last being a 15 minute presentation with a 10 person panel. There were a lot of changes with the interviewing days and times due to scheduling. The presentation was originally to be presented in Indianapolis then switched to Toronto.

Interview Questions

• Territory Manager has created a relationship how moving forward would you manage that relationship?   Answer Question
    • Last question was Sell Me...   Answer Question
    • Each interviewer asked if I was OK with travelling.   Answer Question

Area Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

By far, the most professional interview process that I have ever been a part of. They were prompt and thorough in their questions, accomodating and positive in making arrangements for interviews. They were precise and demonstrated an inordinate customer focus throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• The title and responsibility of the position was a little lower than the title I had with my prior employer. They wanted to know why I would accept a step down.   1 Answer