Interactive Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

3.1

Finance Team Member Interview

Very laid back process. They will ask you questions to learn about specific technical experience and then questions about you. The interviews do start out with phone call first.

Product Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Recruiters need some work on communication. They call quickly but don't seem to follow up with potential employee's very quickly or not at all in some cases. I had to call several times to get a return call. Other parts of the interview went well, several rounds of interviews and had to give a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. Nothing asked was not expected.   Answer Question

Client Success Advocate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

I couldn't have been more pleased with the interview process. Everyone from HR to senior management that I interviewed with was very positive, respectful and made me valued as a candidate. I had several rounds of phone interviews with a number of individuals, who were very professional and friendly. They always let me know what the next steps in the interview process would be, and were timely in their follow up. I felt at home immediately through interacting with everyone. The final interview was on site at their headquarters and included a presentation I needed to prepare based on company materials they provided beforehand. All in all, a very positive experience.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in April 2014.

There was a pre screen phone call. Followed up by a Technical Screening. THe a gauntlet of interviews started with a tour. Three Technical interviews and a personality interview.

Interview Questions
    • I had Difficulty with the Troubleshooting part of the interview because I was under prepared my current/past position(s) did not use the technology or methods they were looking for.   View Answer

Software Engineer, Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in April 2014.

Meet with this company at a college job fair, where I kicked it off with one of the people in development department. I handed my resume and received an email with a questionnaire from HR essentially gauging how comfortable you are with the technologies they use . After that I was contacted for an interview a week or two later. After the interview I waited for and followed up every week for about 4 weeks and then I got the offer. Most calls to HR usually go unanswered, but if you email them you usually get a response back.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was difficult, because there were two people both hammering you with technical questions. As long as you take your time to answer the questions and answer them correctly you will get an offer.   Answer Question
    Intern salary did not appear to be negotiable. I tried to counteroffer, however that did not make them increase the offer.

Facilities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in April 2014.

Was not hired. Interview process was time consuming. The outside source contacted me informed me that I will be receiving a phone interview that went real well. After I was given a date for a face to face, which had been done. I thought that it went real good the interviewer seemed to be honest and informed on the company. The interviewer had actually came to NC FROM IN.
    Well after the interview I was told that I would hear from them but as of today I have not received a thank you for coming in email, I received nothing. My interview was April 29th, 2014.
    Maybe they will still call, I doubt it. I was being optimistic.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging question was what did I know about the firm and truthfully I did not know anything but I had taken a good amount of time to learn about the company and its CEO as well as their mission statement for future growth   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in April 2014.

I talked on the phone with a recruiter and then a technical interviewer. Both were nice. The tech interviewer explained what he was looking for well. I then went onsite for a series of 5 interviews back to back and a whiteboard exercise in solving a problem. corporate environment was great and it looks like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • reverse a string without using any system functions or stl libraries taking into account spaces and such.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in February 2014.

I dropped a resume at a college job fair and received a call from a recruiter to take a programming skills test. I passed the skills test and was set up with a phone interview a few days later. The interview went really well. He asked a lot of questions about object orientated programming, software structures, and we discussed some about the company and working there. When I got off the phone I was pretty excited about the next step, which he said would be an onsite interview. A few days later I got an email asking instead for another phone interview. This interview went bad, the guy asking the questions either had a bad day or just didn't like me from the start. He asked a lot of the questions the other guy did (simple OOP stuff) but his tone was clearly different. After it was over and he asked if I had any questions I said no, but I hope I did ok because it sounded like he wasn't happy with me. He replied something to the effect of yep, that's why we do phone interviews before meeting people. Two days later I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about updating computer A with information on computer B on a daily basis?

(Since I'm used to writing code (this was a developer interview) I started to describe a program I would write) he stopped me and said to think in broader terms. So I said I would have a database on A which was updated by a daily scheduled job on B to collect the into and input it. He said tersely nevermind and went on to the next question, I have no idea what he was going for.)
        Answer Question

Technical Team Lead, IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence in February 2014.

Interactive Intelligence contacted me twice regarding this position. Two entirely separate interviews 4-6 months apart. The interviews seemed generally positive and both times I was told that they would like to continue the interview process with me. Then nothing. I was never contacted again. Any company that treats interviewees this way is not worth working for.

Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Planning was very unorganized- in contact with two different people. It was rescheduled 4 times.