Interbank FX

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Interbank FX in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first interview was with shift leaders followed by a competency test that included a few multiple choice questions to explore mathematical and technical skills. Also did a typing test. The second interview was with a department director.

After I was hired, I was mailed a training kit and was expected to do a lot of reading on my own to train myself before my official hire date came. They did provide my hiring group a well-planned training class that lasted about two and a half weeks, but I just thought it was odd to be asked to do so much training off the clock because I understood free labor to be illegal.

Interview Question – I just remember a mathematical question or two that seemed complicated, so I had to make an educated guess or two. Turns out I guessed well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation plan was explained well during the interview, and the compensation was very objective and not open for negotiations. You would start at a base rate with a little extra per hour for shift differentials, language skills, and financial licenses and/or degrees. There was a possibility for annual bonuses based on performance too, but the bonus plan was either reduced or suspended later on because the company had experienced some difficult times.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cottonwood Heights, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Interbank FX in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen, usually all the dumb questions like "what is inheritance?" Round 2 is with some developers at the company. The current crew tends to think drawing problems on the board is less interesting than listening to you talk and hearing if you really know your stuff. That said, you may still solve some problems.

Interview Question – Most questions aren't that advanced and are definitely fair.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but this is not what I've heard from others.

IT Security Analyst Interview

IT Security Analyst
Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Interbank FX in May 2010.

Interview Details – It seems to be a good company to work for. They brought in 12 people and then narrowed it to 3. Just be yourself and you will shine. They weren't good at getting back to you quickly, but sometimes things come up.

Interview Questions

Worked for Interbank FX? Contribute to the Community!