Interbrand

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.9

Associate Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Interbrand.

I was first approached on LinkedIn by a hiring manager. Interview process was done in 2 rounds. Each round I met with three people from the Program Management department. Everyone asked basic questions about myself and my previous experience and then told me about what their role was within the department. Between the first and the second round of interviews I waited three weeks. This was due to scheduling conflicts from Interbrand's side and while it was frustrating I can't really fault them (people get sick, client meetings come up, blizzards happen etc.).

Right after the second interview the hiring manager spoke to me about my interest level in the position and my salary and start date. From there it was about two weeks until I received an offer.

Overall the process in entirety took a month— and that was with Interbrand wanting to move fast. Everyone I talked to was very friendly and I was kept up to speed on the timeline (minus a few last minute interview cancellations, but those were due to weather and illness).

Interview Questions
    • Why Interbrand? What skills from previous experiences would you apply to your role with Interbrand?   Answer Question

Senior Verbal Identity Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interbrand.

A series of three interviews, plus a writing "test." Test was poorly constructed. Two out of three interviewers were very good. Final interviewer ruined the experience and the impression of the agency-- endlessly unsatisfied with answers, uninterested in building any type of personal connection, and presented herself as an expert in certain areas of communications when she clearly lacked basic understanding of large scale communications tactics. I declined to proceed further.

Interview Questions
    • What brand do you think does a great job in the public sphere? General work experience questions, results oriented questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Too many rounds of interviews with little communication in between. I had to follow up several times and received responses weeks later. I've heard they have a poor interview process, my experience confirmed this for me.

Interview Questions
    • random questions about my knowledge of the city, very off topic   Answer Question

Verbal Identity Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interbrand.

The interview process was very typical. I was based in another state but was looking to move to New York City. Received a call to interview. I had approximately 4 years of experience at the time. The questions were very normal - consisted of tell me about yourself, why interbrand, where would you like to be in X number of years. The process did not seem to overly corporate or to overly lax.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing comes to mind as a difficult question - it was very typical.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Phone interview, in person with 4 people. Waited forever for a response. Finally recovered a response after 5 weeks that they were moving on. Not difficult but it was time consuming. Bad hr

Associate Consultant Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Interbrand.

Their recruitment process and the way they treat potential employees is unfortunate, really. I had heard this from a couple colleagues of mine but was still optimistic that their experiences were isolated. Not so. I was contacted 4 weeks ago by a Talent Acquisition Partner with whom I scheduled an over-the-phone interview. Being currently employed (yet desperately seeking employment elsewhere), I was happy to re-arrange my schedule on the day of the interview in order to get out of the office for an hour to take the call. Long story short, she just never called. I sent an email 10 minutes after the call was scheduled to begin and she wrote back immediately that she was stuck in a meeting and asked if I would like to re-schedule for a week and a half later- which I reluctantly agreed to after requesting that we instead have the call sooner than this date. I received an email 30 minutes before this call was supposed to happen stating that the position had been filled (of course it had been by then!). It's unfortunate that the reputation of such a great agency is being tarnished by it's recruiting department and processes.

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

interviewed at Interbrand in August 2014.

Pre-screening then five 1:1 interviews. All pretty standard and easy, some were even more informationals for the candidate to ask questions. 1 panel case discussion - also pretty easy and some prep/review time. HR was hit or miss - sometimes very quick to respond and other times very slow.

Interview Questions

Extremely low compensation for long hours

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Interbrand in June 2014.

First had a 30 minute phone call with the HR department - just getting a gauge of your experience, your interest in the position and salary requirements. Then was invited in for first round of interviews. This was three 30-minute interviews in a row with people on the consulting team. All really nice and pretty casual.

Interview Questions
    • What is one brand you think could be doing a better job and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Interbrand in June 2014.

Reached out to HR contact via LinkedIn. After our phone interview I came in for an in-person interview and met 4 people. The following week I came back and met 3 more people. They then asked for references and for me to fill out the online form for a background check. I followed up via email a week later and called two weeks later- never heard anything. Was disappointed that they didn't have the courtesy to at least give their candidates closure or feedback on why they were not suitable for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite brand and what is your least favorite brand - how would you improve your least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you were faced with a group conflict and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Brand Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interbrand.

Phone interview with human resources, in person interview with the person of the position I was taking over, in person interview with the manager of that position, phone interview with the program manager, and another call with senior management. Took a test towards position.

Interview Questions
    Yes and no. I wasn't able to increase salary, but I did get help with moving.