Interbrand

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interbrand in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached by a recruiter who was very good friends with the Executive Director of the PM department.

I have to say that the interview process was very simple and no-sweat - I met with 5 people in one round and each one of them was so lovely and sweet, I felt right at home and completely myself (which is not always the case at interviews).

The culture is very supportive and friendly, especially in the PM department. I could tell that expectations were high and that everyone was very intelligent/competent. The questions were mostly personal questions around experience and what I'd like to do.

I got the job after only 1 round of interview, HR was very speedy about getting back to me so it only took 2 weeks before I signed the offer letter.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in an agency?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was done through a recruiter. Because I had a high salary from my old job, it was a marginal move, which I was OK with.

Verbal Identity Interview

Verbal Identity

Interviewed at Interbrand

Interview Details – Extremely poor candidate experience.
Marketing Coordinator knows nothing about recruitment marketing.
She is unwilling to help, difficult to speak with, and disinterested in applicants' future within the company.
Why would anyone treat a potential co-worker this way?
I was excited and in talks with HR, when the HR contact left the company.
Nothing was done to pick the ball back up and keep the process moving forward.

Interview Question – Overall lack of company's investment means I won't pursue this position further.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

N/A

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Interbrand.

Interview Details – Initial call, then I had to come in for three different meetings. Overall it took almost 2 months. SUPER frustrating.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Interbrand in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from an HR person who asked me basic questions (if I was currently working, when am I available) and got a schedule for an in person interview. The one on one interview was very informal. It took place at a cafeteria like location with office tables surrounding the tiny area. Some people were having a meeting and having lunch. It was very tough to concentrate, but that's how it's going to be.

Interview Questions

N/A Interview

N/A
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Interbrand in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty horrible. There was never a phone call to speak to me about my experience or salary requirement. Everything was done via email and I was to come in to meet with 5 people in about 3 hours. I thought this was strange that nobody had inquired about my salary and to see if I didn’t sound like an idiot. Well, I went in and most of the interview took place out in the open at the break area. We needed to speak in whisper on some parts of the interview because we were talking about salary. When I was finally asked what I’m currently making, the HR response was “oh…. That’s kind of high”. Seriously! If somebody had spoken to me beforehand, I would not have wasted 3 hours of my time. The space is very small and everybody has a newsstand style small cubicle. The people seemed nice enough but the whole interview process was horrible. I never heard from them and was glad because I was traumatized by the interview process. They seem so disorganized for a decent sized company.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with difficult people?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Interbrand in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very streamlined and simple for interns. It consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter from HR and then a discussion with someone from the department for which you were interviewing. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and any technical questions to gauge your interest in branding.

Interview Question – What do you do to relieve stress?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Interbrand in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was told that I was going for a courtesy interview. When I arrived a very young HR person greeted me and proceeded to interview me. First, she took me to a room that looked like a cafe and was very noisy. When she began interviewing me, I couldnt hear any of her questions. It was very frustrating. This lasted about 25 min. Then at the end of the interview she asked me if I was interested in any jobs posted on the company website. I told her that the person that reached out to me at first specifically told me that they didnt have any jobs availablel at the time. Then towards the end I noticed that her boss...HR Director,w as sitting two tables away supervising the interview. I never heard from them again. Please dont go to any "courtesy interview". They just want to size you up and down to see if your look goes with the company.

Interview Question – difference between advertsing and branding?   View Answer

Verbal Identity Consultant Interview

Verbal Identity Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Interbrand in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process very efficient and straight forward. Office seems very cool, fun, creative, and bursting with energy. The people that work there are obviously very passionate about branding and know their stuff so you should go prepared. Overall, very pleasurable experience.

Interview Question – Name a brand that is failing and how you would change/improve the brand voice.   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Research Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Interbrand in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interbrand definitely makes you jump through hoops. First interview was with the Research Director and then the Director of HR. Questions are along the lines of competency and work skills. Second interview is with people in the department, one of whom will be a research manager as well, to get a better feel for the job. Third interview consists of a presentation for which you will have done data analysis.

Pros: they look at you as a potential candidate and make sure you get a good feel for the office and the environment. Also they make sure you are comfortable with the job being asked of you.

Cons: Interview process extremely long and spans over a number of days, with approximately a week or 10 days in between.

Company is full of a number of people who are very intelligent. Some people have a long tenure - either they really like the job or are very good at what they do. Companies worked for are mentioned on the website. Atmosphere can be fun - on the day of my first interview, someone was leaving and was being serenaded for his last day.

Interview Question – Questions detailing use of logic during presentation - like rationale for sample size   View Answer

Senior Consultant Analytics Interview

Senior Consultant Analytics
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Interbrand in December 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online,and got a call from HR in 5 days. First round was in person with HR and a Senior Strategy consultant. Very pleasant experience. HR asked me to go through my resume, some detailed questions on my experience. The Senior Consultant asked me on my interests and why I wanted to join interbrand. I was then administered a 45 minute analytical test-consisting of questions around Data interpretation, Critical reasoning, Logical reasoning etc-which I know I did quite well.
Got a call for a second round within 24 hours. Second round was with a Strategy Director and Strategy consultant. The Director was an Analytics PhD, and asked really high level questions.
The second interview with the Strategy consultant was a 15 min exercise.

Interview Questions

• Name a brand that you think has lost its relevance, and needs to be revitalized-no auto or financial brands. and no 'The Gap'.   Answer Question
  • How do you use Survival analysis to determine Lifetime Value   Answer Question
  • How do you identify whether to use CHAID or CART? What is K Means clustering?   Answer Question