Interbrand Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Interbrand.

I applied online and received an email inviting me to interview at the New York office a week later. I had two rounds of three in-person interviews on different dates. They were basic behavioral interviews. Everyone seemed friendly and intelligent, which made it seem like a place to want to work. The HR/recruiting team was not responsive, it took about a month between each interview to receive any information. Additionally, I had a few interviewers who cancelled on me last minute, which made it frustrating.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interbrand.

1st round - Three interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interbrand in August 2012.

I was approached by a recruiter who was very good friends with the Executive Director of the PM department.

I have to say that the interview process was very simple and no-sweat - I met with 5 people in one round and each one of them was so lovely and sweet, I felt right at home and completely myself (which is not always the case at interviews).

The culture is very supportive and friendly, especially in the PM department. I could tell that expectations were high and that everyone was very intelligent/competent. The questions were mostly personal questions around experience and what I'd like to do.

I got the job after only 1 round of interview, HR was very speedy about getting back to me so it only took 2 weeks before I signed the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    It was done through a recruiter. Because I had a high salary from my old job, it was a marginal move, which I was OK with.

Verbal Identity Interview

Extremely poor candidate experience.
    Marketing Coordinator knows nothing about recruitment marketing.
    She is unwilling to help, difficult to speak with, and disinterested in applicants' future within the company.
    Why would anyone treat a potential co-worker this way?
    I was excited and in talks with HR, when the HR contact left the company.
    Nothing was done to pick the ball back up and keep the process moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • Overall lack of company's investment means I won't pursue this position further.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Interbrand.

Initial call, then I had to come in for three different meetings. Overall it took almost 2 months. SUPER frustrating.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Interbrand in January 2011.

I got a phone call from an HR person who asked me basic questions (if I was currently working, when am I available) and got a schedule for an in person interview. The one on one interview was very informal. It took place at a cafeteria like location with office tables surrounding the tiny area. Some people were having a meeting and having lunch. It was very tough to concentrate, but that's how it's going to be.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Interbrand in November 2011.

Interview process was pretty horrible. There was never a phone call to speak to me about my experience or salary requirement. Everything was done via email and I was to come in to meet with 5 people in about 3 hours. I thought this was strange that nobody had inquired about my salary and to see if I didn’t sound like an idiot. Well, I went in and most of the interview took place out in the open at the break area. We needed to speak in whisper on some parts of the interview because we were talking about salary. When I was finally asked what I’m currently making, the HR response was “oh…. That’s kind of high”. Seriously! If somebody had spoken to me beforehand, I would not have wasted 3 hours of my time. The space is very small and everybody has a newsstand style small cubicle. The people seemed nice enough but the whole interview process was horrible. I never heard from them and was glad because I was traumatized by the interview process. They seem so disorganized for a decent sized company.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Interbrand in April 2011.

The interview process was very streamlined and simple for interns. It consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter from HR and then a discussion with someone from the department for which you were interviewing. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and any technical questions to gauge your interest in branding.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Interbrand in March 2011.

I was told that I was going for a courtesy interview. When I arrived a very young HR person greeted me and proceeded to interview me. First, she took me to a room that looked like a cafe and was very noisy. When she began interviewing me, I couldnt hear any of her questions. It was very frustrating. This lasted about 25 min. Then at the end of the interview she asked me if I was interested in any jobs posted on the company website. I told her that the person that reached out to me at first specifically told me that they didnt have any jobs availablel at the time. Then towards the end I noticed that her boss...HR Director,w as sitting two tables away supervising the interview. I never heard from them again. Please dont go to any "courtesy interview". They just want to size you up and down to see if your look goes with the company.

Interview Questions
    • difference between advertsing and branding?   View Answer

Verbal Identity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Interbrand in February 2011.

Interview process very efficient and straight forward. Office seems very cool, fun, creative, and bursting with energy. The people that work there are obviously very passionate about branding and know their stuff so you should go prepared. Overall, very pleasurable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name a brand that is failing and how you would change/improve the brand voice.   Answer Question